Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

bergholt wrote:
gringo wrote:Agree Armo top 5 in the B and F and well up across all mid field stats and a couple of 30 plus best on grounds and we swap him for a slice of cake and a guy who struggles at SANFL level.

God no. Armo would need to get us pick 2 from melbourne to even slightly consider trading him.
Yeah, fair point, it would only happen if we felt we wanted to trade Armo out for off-field reasons - which was mooted a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise we may as well hang onto him. He's never going to be a superstar but he's solid enough.

I think he will be better than solid. I'm going to call it now and say next year he will go up into the top 2 in the B & F and cement his spot as our second best mid.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
bergholt wrote:Yeah, fair point, it would only happen if we felt we wanted to trade Armo out for off-field reasons - which was mooted a couple of weeks ago. Otherwise we may as well hang onto him. He's never going to be a superstar but he's solid enough.
I think he will be better than solid. I'm going to call it now and say next year he will go up into the top 2 in the B & F and cement his spot as our second best mid.
Fair enough, I hope you're right!

That said, top two in the B&F isn't necessarily amazing in a side which will finish bottom three. Dean Terlich finished third and Colin Garland second at Melbourne this year. Someone has to get the votes even if you lose every game.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Would take jolly as a mature age rookie just like colingwood did with Hudson as a back up ruckman/ruck coach to teach the likes of Pierce and Holmes.

And no way I would be trading Dave Armitage unless it would be for pick 1!! Really need him in our midfield!

The Mullet
Club Player

I think people are kidding themselves thinking any club would give up a top 10 pick for Armo.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

So is it goodbye Aish if Adelaide gets Melbournes pick 2?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

My god this is an epic whinge bender... Like nothing we've seen before... Duck me I thought you moaned a lot before.

older saint
SS Life Member

After compensation picks we will have the 3 top 20 picks they want with the Hawthorn thing to come. Cannot talk about it publicly yet as not allocated and would breach league rules ( cant trade a future pick (- it doesn't exist yet!).

From here I think we will get Delaney, Bruce, Jolly
Lose Dal , Fisher
Probably improve draft position overall

And I still think there could be a McEvoy type surprise to come yet - Gilbert ?

Kickit
Club Player

The Mullet wrote:I think people are kidding themselves thinking any club would give up a top 10 pick for Armo.
Little point strategically, if you are lucky you get someone just as good after 3 years development.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote:
The Mullet wrote:I think people are kidding themselves thinking any club would give up a top 10 pick for Armo.
Little point strategically, if you are lucky you get someone just as good after 3 years development.
For us? A top 10 pick would be 18 while Armo is 24. Six years difference means they're much more likely to be peaking when we need them in five or six years. Anyway, we'd be aiming to sign someone better than Armo - he's solid but no superstar.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

older saint wrote:After compensation picks we will have the 3 top 20 picks they want with the Hawthorn thing to come. Cannot talk about it publicly yet as not allocated and would breach league rules ( cant trade a future pick (- it doesn't exist yet!).

From here I think we will get Delaney, Bruce, Jolly
Lose Dal , Fisher
Probably improve draft position overall

And I still think there could be a McEvoy type surprise to come yet - Gilbert ?

Sounds about right to me. Could be a Bugg for Gilbert type of trade too.

brewski
Club Player

my dream for trade time

would use:
pick 3 Kelly/Aish
pick 17 Hartung/Dunston

trade Dal for Delaney and pick 26
use pick 18 and 26 + Fisher and Joey to GWS for Patton and Bruce

pick 37 best available
pick 55 best available
pick 73 Jolly

would probably mean delisting another player, some been goood serverts but dont think they will in clubs long term plans
Schneider, Maister, Gwilt might get an opportunity elsewhere, Saad and Dennis lane also options for delisting.

this nothing personal against any of these players but if we gonna re-build we need to get as much talented young blood as we can
and if we have a lean year next year another chance to load up :)

this draft really would like to see the 2 big key backs, at least 2 young midfield guns, a potential power forward and a ruck oldie to help development.

Banned by the censors
CeilidhSaint
Club Player

Fisher to GWS for draft upgrade 3 to 1.
Thanks, that would be nice.

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

brewski wrote:pick 3 Kelly/Aish
pick 17 Hartung/Dunston
All of those guys are small mids who play mostly outside, Dunstan the biggest of them at about 184cm and 81kg. I'd love to get a mid closer to 190cm, though there don't seem to be many rated with McDonald already gone - maybe Scharenberg or Kolodjashnij?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hartung.... Yes!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
brewski wrote:pick 3 Kelly/Aish
pick 17 Hartung/Dunston
All of those guys are small mids who play mostly outside, Dunstan the biggest of them at about 184cm and 81kg. I'd love to get a mid closer to 190cm, though there don't seem to be many rated with McDonald already gone - maybe Scharenberg or Kolodjashnij?
Dal's cousin Bontempelli has the opposite problem he's about 192 but plays as a pacey mid.

Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Bontempelli is a ripper....forget Aish, Kelly, etc, bring in Bontempelli at 3.

spot on
Club Player

Anyone have any ideas who's the clean top picks next year? As I'm guessing we will have a very low pick, what kind of players they are?

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

bontempelli may be a slider...but prob not to 17. if we were able to get pick 9,10,11 wed have a real chance. dont know a lot about him other thna the youtube vid but the kid shows real character. exactly the type of kid the club would want to steady the culture...looks good on both feet and is a good size

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:bontempelli may be a slider...but prob not to 17. if we were able to get pick 9,10,11 wed have a real chance. dont know a lot about him other thna the youtube vid but the kid shows real character. exactly the type of kid the club would want to steady the culture...looks good on both feet and is a good size

Apparently there was some mistake at the combine and they listed him at 194 which would be too tall for a mid- his preferred position. he might slide if no one sees the update and he looks like he will be that odd sized utility that doesn't quite suit a KPP but is way too tall for a mid role. Might be like Gilbert who was never a great tall more an over sized rebound runner.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

There seems to be a Melbourne club or a few for that matter still looking at Joel Tippett. Is he our fall back if we don't get Bruce? Delaney is a lump defender but Bruce is more athletic. Both Tippett and bruce are going to struggle on the monster forwards but might suit the CHB or a Zac Dawson type defensive spoiler role.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/anothe ... 6738906318

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Seems like their could be a GWS mega deal in the works--from the AFL website: "The Saints are still to determine whether they will pull out all stops to make the Nick Dal Santo to North Melbourne trade happen while they wait to see what sort of deal Greater Western Sydney wants to discuss in exchange for defender Josh Bruce."

"Making 31-year-old Sam Fisher part of that deal is still possible."

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spot on wrote:Anyone have any ideas who's the clean top picks next year? As I'm guessing we will have a very low pick, what kind of players they are?

Goddards cousin is a touted No 1. 194 cm key forward

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kimberly saint
Club Player

wats the news on joey to bombers rumour , reported by fox sports ???

never mind found other thread post :roll:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

kimberly saint wrote:wats the news on joey to bombers rumour , reported by fox sports ???
No-one can see how it could possibly happen. Joey has a contract and he's worth a first-round pick. Essendope don't have any picks to trade us because they're out of the first two rounds of the draft, and anyway most people on here can't see why we would pick up a player who might get suspended before next season even starts.

But stranger things have happened! I reckon it would only happen if Essendon traded a player to a third party for a pick below 20, which we then grabbed from them in exchange for Joey. So it relies on - say - Footscray overpaying for Crameri. But their only first-round pick is 4, which is way too high for Crameri or Joey.

Seems very unlikely to me.

sax
Club Player

This is the update on us from Twitter @theafloffseason

St Kilda

Absolutely flat out in the way of trades and movement, so much so, we've had to categorise them.

Nick Dal Santo - Is in limbo with himself as to what he wishes to do. It is assumed that he might actually stay put at Seaford, rather than opting for a trade to North Melbourne.

Leigh Montagna - Contracted, doesn't want to leave, club says he is a required player, Joey isn't going anywhere unless it's for a bumper deal.

David Armitage - Won't be going anywhere, despite being linked with a deal to remain to Queensland.

Players of Interest:

Josh Bruce - is likely end up at St Kilda, and Sam Fisher could be utilised in a deal that'll see the two players switch clubs.

Luke Delaney - Will end up at St Kilda one way or another, whether it's via a trade for Dal or something else.

Tom Detrickx - hard to fathom but the Saints will need some big-man backup given this is an area they lack in.

Trent West - also floated as a possible recruit, but that remains as a last option.

David Myers - spoke of his wish to play more midfield time and floated the option of leaving the Bombres for fresh opportunity at St Kilda. The Dons aren't willing to let him go, but may have to if these rumours of Leigh Montagna are true.

Darren Jolly - has undergone a fitness test at Seaford and will end up at the Saints as a delisted free agent. The Dual premiership ruckman for Sydney and Collingwood will be vital to the development of the likes of Hickey and Pearce. Jolly would only be played where required and used as insurance rather than a first option ruck.

Andrejs Everitt - a small amount of interest has been put into Everitt, but he'd be of a lesser priority at this stage.

Maverick Weller - A few whispers at this stage that the Saints will pick up Mav after the draft has come and gone, as they look to top up their list. There is no question that Weller is a solid talent, who lacked consistent opportunity at the Suns. The Saints are desperate for big bodied midfielders to drive their generation next, and you'd think that Weller would fit that need.

The Saints still have "one more" radical move up their sleeve, and it looks certain another senior player will be on their way out of the club, either for some solid incoming talent or for another high end pick.

Regardless, the Saints have currently got three picks inside the firs round which will do wonders in the way of redevelopment.

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296