Frankston move - the plot thickens

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:all i claim is that it makes increasingly more sense to redevelop moorabbin.

Really?

Loyal wrote:moorabbin is home and will remain suchly Saints94.
i'm not the only one who wants it that way mate.
Loyal wrote:i reckon the vibe is that we are stayin' at Moorabbin.
Loyal wrote:would be very surprised if we now moved away from moorabbin.
Loyal wrote:seaford is not going to happen, never was and never will.
now you can all call me names, but the fact/facts remain/s.
it will not happen and will not ever happen.
to be honest, i really dont care what anyone thinks on the issue.
seaford will not happen. moorabbin will happen.
Seems like you are claiming a lot more than that.

This is why people called you a troll ect because you tried to make your OPINION sound like fact.

GrumpyOne

ausfatcat wrote:
Loyal wrote:all i claim is that it makes increasingly more sense to redevelop moorabbin.

Really?

This is why people called you a troll ect because you tried to make your OPINION sound like fact.

And that my friends, is a "GOTCHA". :lol:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

C'mon guys don't take the bait

the kid knows bugger all

Judging from the tone of his posting and his rebellious attitude to reason and sense, I'd suggest that we're dealing with a 12yo kid getting kicks

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 2:31am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Loyal is fundamentally correct imho. I hope he's right.

Re-developing Linton St and keeping aligned with Sandy would be far better than running off to Frankston.

I don't think anyone has a problem with him saying that, it's the way he makes it out to be FACT rather than opinion.

Loyal
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:Loyal is fundamentally correct imho. I hope he's right.

Re-developing Linton St and keeping aligned with Sandy would be far better than running off to Frankston.

We have a fine practice oval - close to the city. We have a "head quarters". What we need is training fac's. Simple, build some where the old stands are/were. Done. Then concentrate on the footy.
another factual opinion.

Loyal
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:

Really?

And that my friends, is a "GOTCHA". :lol:
no G.O.
THAT is trolling posts from "other threads" and in very poor quoting form from ausfatcat.

kaos theory
Club Player

Loyal is fundamentally correct imho. I hope he's right.

We have a fine practice oval - close to the city. We have a "head quarters". What we need is training fac's. Simple, build some where the old stands are/were. Done. Then concentrate on the footy
AOK, loyal has no idea what he/she is talking about.

We can all make sweeping statements about what would be 'great' for the club. Its easy to select a 'solution' and type it on a web site. E.g.:

- Why don't we redevelop the junction oval go back to our heartland?

- Why don't we build our head quarters on the top 5 floors of 101 Collins Street, and a set up training oval at the Treasury gardens?

You get the picture.

We are not BHP Billiton, we do not have millions of dollars of cash reserves to spend on lawyers, lobbists, architectects, etc to try to push a plan through to get a 'prime' location for our new base, AND then use more money to build and effectively manage the project to completion.

The previous admin spent 100s of thousands of dollars trying to get moorabbin council to agreed to a redevelopment, and failed.

You must realise that a large construction project is a very complex endevour. You need to get many different bodies & people to agree to the plan, many with different agenda and interests.

We don't have the luxury to waste more time & money in the blind hope that we may get a 'better' option somewhere else.

That is for people that live in a fantasy world....such as loyal and B4E.

Loyal
Club Player

the equation is simple KT you nuph.

- seaford or moorabbin. moorabbin or seaford.

i know where i want the club to be and it isnt seaford.
for the record B4E stood in protest of FP and look what he achieved. he has not offered an opinion on the subject of late. i am sure he knows what he wants which is more than can be said for many on this site.

this is not about pokies.
this is not about kingston v frankston.
this is not about the st kilda football club social club.
this is not about political correctness this is just about common sense and what's right for the club.

this is about the fact that the st kilda football club should develop moorabbin and not seaford for the good of the st kilda football club.
this is about the state government and AFL funding.
this is not about kingston council.

i dont care if we have to do a north and live in onsite sheds for a decade in order to fund the development.
moorabbin has what seaford will not ever have - a quality surface.
to move from moorabbin to BP would be an error of judgement and the biggest mistake the club has made in it's long history.

FP had one good thing going for it - the surface.
BP has not one redeeming physical attribute.

GrumpyOne

Hey Loyal,

You been sussed out passing your opinions off as facts.

You know three-fifths of four-sevenths of SFA.

Your credibility level is lower than a dead dingo's donger.

Give it away mate.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:no G.O.
THAT is trolling posts from "other threads" and in very poor quoting form from ausfatcat.
Hows that poor quoting it's word for word what you said in a single thread about the redevelopment???

saintlee
Club Player

This thread is hilarious... Loyal you do realise you have not provided one single piece of evidence to support your claims, nothing! You are merely voicing an opinion, which is fine, but to continue claiming its fact is farcical!

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Loyal, don't keep crapping on about redeveloping Moorabbin if you don't really know = tell us HOW, WHEN and FUNDING PLAN seeing you believe you know it all.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
Loyal
Club Player

Go Sainters Go wrote:Loyal, don't keep crapping on about redeveloping Moorabbin if you don't really know = tell us HOW, WHEN and FUNDING PLAN seeing you believe you know it all.
we simply take the money from the government and AFL that was to be used for seaford and use it on moorabbin instead :lol:

we cook the books. we watch our wallet get a better stadium deal and redevelop moorabbin, easy.

where there is a will there is most definitely a way. :)

Loyal
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:
Loyal wrote:no G.O.
Hows that poor quoting it's word for word what you said in a single thread about the redevelopment???
it's poor form and it's trolling to take from a thread and quote in a seperate thread. thats 'trolling'.

Loyal
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Hey Loyal,

You been sussed out passing your opinions off as facts.

You know three-fifths of four-sevenths of SFA.

Your credibility level is lower than a dead dingo's donger.

Give it away mate.
you grumpy individual :x :lol:

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

Loyal wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Loyal, don't keep crapping on about redeveloping Moorabbin if you don't really know = tell us HOW, WHEN and FUNDING PLAN seeing you believe you know it all.
we simply take the money from the government and AFL that was to be used for seaford and use it on moorabbin instead :lol:

we cook the books. we watch our wallet get a better stadium deal and redevelop moorabbin, easy.

Well, come on, how are you going to do it. Don't continue as a smartarse, I want to know HOW - get approval from Kingston first maybe??

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

aussierules0k wrote: Re-developing Linton St and keeping aligned with Sandy would be far better than running off to Frankston.
Without the numbers, the above makes emotional sense, but really isn't a financial conclusion - especially with the stage things are up to now. Given funding sources and agreements in place, the only part of St Kilda Football Club that isn't committed to Frankston is the Social Club - and where the training facility goes, one would expect the social club to follow... especially since it was the council's rulings re: the social club and pokies that apparently caused the break in the first place.

Without numbers, likely including break payouts, subsequent requests for government funding, and a sudden out-of-the-blue change of heart from Kingston council, this is a project, not an idea. Re-developing Linton St is simply not a viable option outside the wildest speculation.

On the subject of the OP, I find myself a bit dumbfounded by Frankston's comments. If they needed buy in from an AFL club, it was on them to ensure such discussions took place. A 2 bit fresh out of high school telesales guy wouldn't get much truck blaming the customer for not knowing the sales guy existed. For someone carrying the title of "President" of anything other than a glee club to do so is anywhere from disingenuous to outright stupid.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Loyal
Club Player

Go Sainters Go wrote:
Loyal wrote:

Well, come on, how are you going to do it. Don't continue as a smartarse, I want to know HOW - get approval from Kingston first maybe??
you mean how are WE going to do it? :lol:

you've gotta admit it has leg's first. the idea has legs.

why move? why move to a disused dump in the middle of nowhere when our home just needs to be renovated?
why move to a disused dump in the middle of a residential area if we dont have to?

HOW do we do it?
How have North done it? We do it in the same that North have.

GrumpyOne

Moorabbin's gone.

Move on.

loyal - 2 weeks.

Loyal
Club Player

get real Grumpy.

GrumpyOne

Loyal wrote:get real Grumpy.
How much more Grumpy do you want me to get? :shock:

I thought I was pretty much living up to the name already. :wink:

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Loyal wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:
Loyal wrote:

you mean how are WE going to do it? :lol:

you've gotta admit it has leg's first. the idea has legs.

why move? why move to a disused dump in the middle of nowhere when our home just needs to be renovated?
why move to a disused dump in the middle of a residential area if we dont have to?

HOW do we do it?
How have North done it? We do it in the same that North have.
Disused dump is probably a better description of where the club is now located at Moorabbin, been down there recently, from the outside the place looks like its been abandoned (and for quite a while too).

The Club will be moving to Belvadere Park, near schools, local sporting clubs, nearby shops, 5-10 mins from Frankston, 10-15 mins from Dandenong, 15-20 mins from Cranbourne, Close to EastLink, Frankston Freeway (and soon PeninsulaLink) Nepean Highway and the Monash.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote: it's poor form and it's trolling to take from a thread and quote in a seperate thread. thats 'trolling'.

Trolling because I posted quotes relevant to this thread, proving that you are full of it and chop and change stories about the so called "facts" you were trying to convay to us.

No1_Saint
Club Player

Would loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove to stay at Linton Street. At least our Social Club will be there.....for now. Who else remembers training GF week in 1997....it was magical. I doubt whatever the new place will be called will have the same feeling....however we are not going to have that now.

This is for a variety of reasons. The reality being there is a hostile local council and even more hostile neighbours bordering the site. Poor planning from previous administrations to keep good relationships and be "good neighbours" to all of the local residents has put us in this position.

If anyone has any concrete evidence...e-mail, press release or official statement to say that we are staying at Linton St....then let's have it.

Is that silence I hear? :twisted: