team R11

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Very pleased to see Gilbert and Milne being looked after. We have the means to rest them, equally, it gives someone else a go.

Thrilled to see McEvoy getting some game time. Will do him the world of good.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Are we just looking for something to worry about people? I think we will still have them covered. Its the midfield where it will be won, and im confident we will win out there.
You're probably right. Would like to be re-assured though that Milney and Gilbo are not long term outs and will be right against Carlscum or straight after the break.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Id like to think they will be right next week as well. It would be nice to hear something on when they may be expected back, all things going right.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Plugger66 Wrote:
Talking about how they play. Even though Max can play on smalls he gets the ball like a big man and that means his disposal is ordinary at best. Lost a running backman for a stay at home backman. Dont like Blake, Dawson and Max back there. Lose so much run.
This wont be an issue, having Max there releases Fisher to do what he does best, play loose man in defense and rebound all day, also two of Goddard, Gram, Raph and even Dal can play that rebounding defender role with ease, there are plenty of options available to us

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Very pleased to see Gilbert and Milne being looked after. We have the means to rest them, equally, it gives someone else a go.

Thrilled to see McEvoy getting some game time. Will do him the world of good.
Who says they are being rested. They are obviously injured otherwise they would play.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Re: team R11

Joey wrote:ST KILDA
B: Jason Blake, Max Hudghton, Zac Dawson
HB: Steven Baker, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Farren Ray, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Jason Gram, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Raphael Clarke
Foll: Steven King, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
Int: Jarryn Geary, James Gwilt, Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter
Emg: Matt Maguire, David Armitage, Luke Miles
In: M Hudghton, B McEvoy
Out: M Gardiner (Sus), S Gilbert (Inj)
Hey Joey add the North Melbourne team.

North Melbourne
B: Nathan Grima, Scott Thompson, Scott McMahon
HB: Gavin Urquhart, Josh Gibson, Daniel Pratt
C: Ben Ross, Jack Ziebell, Sam Wright
HF: Daniel Wells, Drew Petrie, Lindsay Thomas
F: Ben Warren, David Hale, Matt Campbell
Foll: Hamish McIntosh, Adam Simpson, Leigh Harding
I/C: Brady Rawlings, Sam Power, Andrew Swallow, Michael Firrito
Emg: Daniel Harris, Corey Jones, Todd Goldstein

In: Power, Pratt, Campbell, Grima
Out: Levi Greenwood, Todd Goldstein, Daniel Harris, Aaron Edwards

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Also hope that Milne and Gilbert are back for Carlton.
Great to see Max back and great to see having something we haven't had before, depth.
All in all, we should still beat North and beat them convincingly.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

The backline looks nice and stiff

Another opportunity awaits!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

stiff, huh? :D

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I take P66's point about the team having perhaps one too many talls, but it's difficult to judge given what we don't know (or, at least, I don't know) about the extent of the injury to Milne.

As I see it, Gilbert's injury has meant that Raph has kept his spot, and Milne's injury has given Lyon the luxury of being able to compare Max and Zac in the same lineup and, effectively, giving Gwilt more game time and using BJ further up the ground that would perhaps be ideal.

For mine, Max and Zac playing together is a good plan against the twin towers of the Hawks and a couple of other clubs with similar structures (eg, Carlton sometimes). But it would be a silly arrangement against, for example, Geelong.

But who really knows what Lyon is thinking? One thing is certain: he is totally consistent in his preference for not dropping players when the team is winning.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
starsign
Club Player

BringBackMadDog wrote:Plugger66 Wrote:
Talking about how they play. Even though Max can play on smalls he gets the ball like a big man and that means his disposal is ordinary at best. Lost a running backman for a stay at home backman. Dont like Blake, Dawson and Max back there. Lose so much run.
This wont be an issue, having Max there releases Fisher to do what he does best, play loose man in defense and rebound all day, also two of Goddard, Gram, Raph and even Dal can play that rebounding defender role with ease, there are plenty of options available to us
Dont get too carried away about how the team is listed
Its never going to be the way we line up or play over the 4 Q's
And for those that are worried about run out of the back half , go back and look at the replay of last week ....and have a look at the guy they hand-balled it off to heaps of times and off he went
...... No 22 ....one F Ray!! ripper of a game doing just that , weaving his way out of a congested back half and delivering beautifully upfield
And he will be set to do it again
Don't worry we have heaps of options and run out of the back half aint a prob
have faith , sit back and enjoy the ride!!
And oh I forgot to mention
Great 22! and I hope there's a big element of precaution in the Milne & Gilbo omissions!

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I thought we needed 5 changes this week (according to some genius earlier in the week)? Obviously the match committee don't have any more of an idea than most of the posters here. :wink:

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

it is good when we have a good player out injured and another top class player comes in for his place

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Match-Ups

B: hudghton/grima -- dawson/hale -- baker/thomas

HB: s.fisher/b.warren -- blake/petrie -- ray/campbell

c: montagna/ross -- hayes/simpson -- gram/harding

HF: ball/urquart -- riewoldt/gibson -- c.jones/wells

F: schnieder/mCmahon -- koschitzke/thompson -- gwilt/pratt

FOLL: king/mCintosh -- dal santo/rawlings -- goddard/firrito

INT: mCqualter/swallow -- r.clarke/power -- geary/wright -- mCevoy/ziebell

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

hmmm....Milne must've had some decent painkillers 2 weeks ago, either that or it blew up big time after the game.

A bit of a worry - but if he's back next week all will be OK.

I hope Max is good addition - I reckon he will be - Max often seems to deliver when we least expect it!

saintly_safes
Club Player

The team looks good & should be more than capable of winning . It will all come down to who's more committed on the day. The players that are struggling for form get a second chance, lets hope they make the most of the opportunity .

widereceiver
Club Player

Welcome back #8.

If we bring it, a comfortable win. As I've said before, Shinboner spirit, my arse!

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

the emergencies look good Too
Well done to Matty on being one step closer ............

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:
And for those that are worried about run out of the back half , go back and look at the replay of last week ....and have a look at the guy they hand-balled it off to heaps of times and off he went
...... No 22 ....one F Ray!! ripper of a game doing just that , weaving his way out of a congested back half and delivering beautifully upfield
Great 22! and I hope there's a big element of precaution in the Milne & Gilbo omissions!
Of course the team will not line up as it is in print but it will probably still have Max, Blake and Dawson in the back 6. This will mean less run even if other runners come into the back 6 as Max, a non runner is replacing a dashing medium/bigman and I think that is a bit of an issue especially since North have gone much smaller this week.

starsign
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
starsign wrote:
Of course the team will not line up as it is in print but it will probably still have Max, Blake and Dawson in the back 6. This will mean less run even if other runners come into the back 6 as Max, a non runner is replacing a dashing medium/bigman and I think that is a bit of an issue especially since North have gone much smaller this week.
i think your assuming they will, all 3, be on the field at once ...maybe sometimes yes , depending how the game pans out, but there is heaps of flexibility within the 22 , eg Geary on the bench , Ray (our best runner from defence last week named on a wing) to keep a good balance down there
she'll be right mate . have a bit of faith in the powers that be. and have done an excellent job so far
we've got enough talent defender wise to handle whatever eventuates down there I recon

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
starsign wrote:
Your point is valid P66 but this is where I struggle with Blake.
He should be a rebounder, he is a good size, not slow of foot and has reasonable agility, but I fear you are right, having 3 of Blake, Dawson & Max in the back six is too negative.
I think Blake either needs to be able to take a key forward or doesn't have a role in the team. Its out of him and Zac for mine, and I think Zac is a better bet for the key forwards than Blake.

A back 6 of

Baker Dawson Hudghton
Gram S Fisher Gilbert

gives enough run, is very versatile and can defend one on one adequately, seems better balanced than it would be swapping Blake for Dawson IMO.

A good problem to have.

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

All I see is Goose is close.

CaptainRiewoldt
Club Player

relax guys milne is fine. No rush... id leave him out till after the break.

schnieder, macqualter can do more in milnes absence

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:relax guys milne is fine. No rush... id leave him out till after the break.

and you have this on good authority?

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

CaptainReiwoldt wrote:relax guys milne is fine. No rush... id leave him out till after the break.

They will need to. neither contributed much in the way of goals last week and we missed the bottom-feeding opportunism that Milne usually provides.

Gwilt is another who needs to kick a few.