team R11

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joey
Club Player

team R11

ST KILDA
B: Jason Blake, Max Hudghton, Zac Dawson
HB: Steven Baker, Sam Fisher, Brendon Goddard
C: Farren Ray, Luke Ball, Nick Dal Santo
HF: Jason Gram, Nick Riewoldt, Adam Schneider
F: Lenny Hayes, Justin Koschitzke, Raphael Clarke
Foll: Steven King, Clint Jones, Leigh Montagna
Int: Jarryn Geary, James Gwilt, Ben McEvoy, Andrew McQualter
Emg: Matt Maguire, David Armitage, Luke Miles
In: M Hudghton, B McEvoy
Out: M Gardiner (Sus), S Gilbert (Inj)

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

oh oh. that means

Milne - knee - 2 weeks

:cry:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: team R11

milney must still be injured.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Welcome back Max!

Sorry to see Gilbert out injured...he will be missed, but at least North are down a major scoring threat in Aaron Edwards

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

wow. good to see max back, milne must not have come up!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We have gone a fraction taller and North have gone much smaller. Could be a bit of an issue.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Maguire an emergency!

About f****** time!

Hopefully Gilbert is not seriously injured and was given an extra week at the luxury of having Max in the seconds.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We have gone a fraction taller and North have gone much smaller. Could be a bit of an issue.
Actually Plugger, whilst I think that Big Mac is slightly taller than Gardi, Gilbert is taller than Max, so if anything we've either stayed the same height or gone fractionally shorter? :)

Newman
Club Player

Thought Raph might have been omitted. Hope Milne and Gilbert are not far away. so assuming Ben may lose gig to Gardner. Who makes way for Gilbert and Milne who would be automatic inclusions?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We have gone a fraction taller and North have gone much smaller. Could be a bit of an issue.
Actually Plugger, whilst I think that Big Mac is slightly taller than Gardi, Gilbert is taller than Max, so if anything we've either stayed the same height or gone fractionally shorter? :)
Averages LOL

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Really need Scheider to step us this week as the crumbing forward.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Talking about how they play. Even though Max can play on smalls he gets the ball like a big man and that means his disposal is ordinary at best. Lost a running backman for a stay at home backman. Dont like Blake, Dawson and Max back there. Lose so much run.

saint vince
Club Player

Newman wrote:Thought Raph might have been omitted. Hope Milne and Gilbert are not far away. so assuming Ben may lose gig to Gardner. Who makes way for Gilbert and Milne who would be automatic inclusions?
We haven't played. Not sure if Gilbo or Milne will be ready and we have already started on the who should be dropped for round 12 crap. Lets get through this week first

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

How many of those will line up in the selected position?

I can see Bj going forward and Raph playing back, Max to play 55-70%, Lenny to start in the middle, Gram to start behind the ball, Dal to start at HF in an attempt to shake a tag, Joey to go back to shake a tag. I'd love to see LB start in the middle and play more than 70% game time.

Will CJ get Wells or Simpson? !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:How many of those will line up in the selected position?

I can see Bj going forward and Raph playing back, Max to play 55-70%, Lenny to start in the middle, Gram to start behind the ball, Dal to start at HF in an attempt to shake a tag, Joey to go back to shake a tag. I'd love to see LB start in the middle and play more than 70% game time.

Will CJ get Wells or Simpson? !!
The problem with Max playing that little amount is it limits the rotations. I think he will play at least 90% of the game other our midfield sufffers.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Talking about how they play. Even though Max can play on smalls he gets the ball like a big man and that means his disposal is ordinary at best. Lost a running backman for a stay at home backman. Dont like Blake, Dawson and Max back there. Lose so much run.
Aah!
Now I understand.
Given that Max plays a similar height to Gilbert but, IMO, he plays better than Gilbert on the smaller forwards, the only 'defciency' in the selection is the loss of Gilbert's running prowess.
Max certainly doesn't match Gilbert for run and carry off the half back line.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Welcome back Maxy!!!

...Zac and Max in the same backline... hmmm.

Macca goes for Gardy next week.
Worst performing backman (Zac, Blake or Baker) goes for Gilbert when right. Max stays in. See how Ross doesn't 'immediately' kind of drop anyone? More just players making way for another coming back from injury.
When Milne right - they'll be looking at the form of Gram, Raph, Geary and Gwilt.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:Really need Scheider to step us this week as the crumbing forward.
I think our mids need to step up on the goal crumbing stakes. Also our backs will have to be on their game against their small forwards. Bakes will need to have a big one.

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Talking about how they play. Even though Max can play on smalls he gets the ball like a big man and that means his disposal is ordinary at best. Lost a running backman for a stay at home backman. Dont like Blake, Dawson and Max back there. Lose so much run.
Yep agreed - its a worry.

You never know - one of Dawson or Blake could go forward. Wouldn't be surprised.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Great to see that they are being cautious with Milney and Gilbo

No use rushing them back in if they are only 80% ready

The time off will allow them to freshen up

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
bob__71
Club Player

who was it who said Max and Dawson would not be in the same backline for so long so confidently.

In another note this is the first time i can remember the saints being short on half back flankers. max replacing gilbert could be the end of leigh fishers chances.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Gilbert's a huge loss. He's our leading rebounder and (at 194 cm) our best ground level defender. Fisher is our only other real ground level defender back there at this stage. Max, Zac and Bakes are stoppers. Blake and Raph aren't really ball winners. I can see why Plugger's a little worried.

I'd expect to see Dal, Joey, Goddard, Gram and/or Ray dropping back to help out. Maybe even Mini. He's a beast at ground level.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:who was it who said Max and Dawson would not be in the same backline for so long so confidently.

In another note this is the first time i can remember the saints being short on half back flankers. max replacing gilbert could be the end of leigh fishers chances.
Well I was one if you are getting at that and I stand by what I said that I think we lose run. RL would know 10 times more than me but at the same time there were no other options. Still pretty sure Max would not have played had Sam Gilbert been fit.
Last edited by plugger66 on Thu 04 Jun 2009 6:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

bob__71
Club Player

and the obvious point about this...gilbert and gardiner are two bloody big outs. Joining milney on the sideline, thats a bit of a concern.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Are we just looking for something to worry about people? I think we will still have them covered. Its the midfield where it will be won, and im confident we will win out there.