Armitage - where is he at right now?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Nah. Haven't got a clue. Was just being mischievous.

But honestly, do the math.

A new club devoid of mature-bodied hard nuts...

I would GUESS (safely) Armo has almost certainly been approached.

Don't want him to go, though.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:
Thinline wrote:Yes.
Source?
He is out of contract, a QLD boy and not getting a great go at the Saints. That would be my source anyway.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?
He is out of contract, a QLD boy and not getting a great go at the Saints. That would be my source anyway.
My source. He isn't out of contract till the end of the season so why speculate. No one actually knows except him and his manager. He loves Melbourne so being from QLD doesn't mean anything.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?
My source. He isn't out of contract till the end of the season so why speculate. No one actually knows except him and his manager. He loves Melbourne so being from QLD doesn't mean anything.
This isnt about whether he wants to go or not. The question was has he been approached by the GC so being from queensland has plenty to do with that question.

As to why speculate, this board would be very bored if we werent allowed to speculate on things here.

saintkid
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Moccha wrote:Seems like he has one foot out the door.
Well don't make assumptions from me. I don't have a clue what he is doing. He is focused on Saints at the moment and always has been. I only view my opinions and dis-satisfaction with what has transformed for him at Saints, not on inside knowledge.
I let him decide his career and don't insinuate where he will be next year.
He is happy from what I hear.
OK. So if your his brother, do you know if he will play this week and how close is he to being right again. That mongrel from Hawthorn, Campbell Brown, seems to have got over his medial strain quicker than predicted and was playing fine before he smashed Dal's nose. So there should be a lot of believe for Armo to get back and have a fairdinkum crack in the finals.
I do know but it is not up to me to say nor do I want to. This is not my responsibilty and why does it matter. Go and watch Sandy and find out for yourself.
Geez I certainly can wait till Sunday to find out if Armitage is playing for Sandy but if we need to get that secretive about a player returning to play in the VFL in a game that has no significance or bearing to the AFL comp then I reckon something is not quite right anymore.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Well don't make assumptions from me. I don't have a clue what he is doing. He is focused on Saints at the moment and always has been. I only view my opinions and dis-satisfaction with what has transformed for him at Saints, not on inside knowledge.
OK. So if your his brother, do you know if he will play this week and how close is he to being right again. That mongrel from Hawthorn, Campbell Brown, seems to have got over his medial strain quicker than predicted and was playing fine before he smashed Dal's nose. So there should be a lot of believe for Armo to get back and have a fairdinkum crack in the finals.
I do know but it is not up to me to say nor do I want to. This is not my responsibilty and why does it matter. Go and watch Sandy and find out for yourself.
Geez I certainly can wait till Sunday to find out if Armitage is playing for Sandy but if we need to get that secretive about a player returning to play in the VFL in a game that has no significance or bearing to the AFL comp then I reckon something is not quite right anymore.
Its not DWOODROWs place to say weather players are playing or not. Surely appreciate the little information he can share instead of expecting every bit of inside word.

Armitage needs fitness - then form - to break into the seniors and I hope he does. Regardless of gc or not he was never going to sign until the end of the year. I hope he stays! And I have a feeling he will!

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?
This isnt about whether he wants to go or not. The question was has he been approached by the GC so being from queensland has plenty to do with that question.

As to why speculate, this board would be very bored if we werent allowed to speculate on things here.
Mackay is a long way from Surfers' Paradise, Plugger. Big state, Queensland.

Not sure geography's anywhere near as relevant as end of season contractual status to be honest. He might as well be from Adelaide...

Still, I'll say it again, get fit, put your hand up and stick around. There's a place for an in form Armo, no doubt about it.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
shmic_s
Club Player

I agree with Spinner. Appreciate your posts DWOODROW.

I hope he stays. And we have no reason to believe he wants to leave.
There is definately a spot for him in the side when he is playing his best footy.
His latest set back is unfortunate and I hope he can get back on the park and play many more games for the Saints. Go Armo.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?

I wouldn't expect that he would be the only one if he hes been. There are a lot of talented footballers wanting to play.
Yes this site would be very boring if there wasn't anythig to write about.
Nearly everything on here is heresay anyway unless sources are given.

Port are going to be an interesting opponent this week so I'm interested to see who's in and who isn't.
Last edited by DWOODROW on Thu 05 Aug 2010 3:35pm, edited 2 times in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?

Not sure geography's anywhere near as relevant as end of season contractual status to be honest. He might as well be from Adelaide...

Still, I'll say it again, get fit, put your hand up and stick around. There's a place for an in form Armo, no doubt about it.
I realise how far away Mackay is as i have friends there but in Armo's case he does have history of playing in Brisbane. Anyway I would think Armo has been approached but I also think probably 20 on our list would have been approached. Not many now are out of contract and he is so there is always a chance until he signs that he may go.

DWOODROW
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?

I realise how far away Mackay is as i have friends there but in Armo's case he does have history of playing in Brisbane. Anyway I would think Armo has been approached but I also think probably 20 on our list would have been approached. Not many now are out of contract and he is so there is always a chance until he signs that he may go.
And that about sums it up. :wink:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?

Do you have much influence over him DWOODROW? Can't sway him to sign with us can ya'? Tell him the Saints supporters on Saintsational want him to stay! Should make all the difference to his decision making process......LOLOLOLOL

Fortius Quo Fidelius
DWOODROW
Club Player

saint75 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Saints94 wrote:
Source?

Do you have much influence over him DWOODROW? Can't sway him to sign with us can ya'? Tell him the Saints supporters on Saintsational want him to stay! Should make all the difference to his decision making process......LOLOLOLOL
haha, if it was that easy. I don't tell or have a say in davids career. It's his to do what he wants. He made the AFL so what happens is his doing.
I don't think some supporters or others for that matter think he is required as much as others so who knows what may be. Whatever does happen I will be supporting him 100% .
At the end of the day me and my family all want him to do the best he can and play FOOTY at AFL level.
This will be up to him.

saintkid
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
Its not DWOODROWs place to say weather players are playing or not. Surely appreciate the little information he can share instead of expecting every bit of inside word.

Armitage needs fitness - then form - to break into the seniors and I hope he does. Regardless of gc or not he was never going to sign until the end of the year. I hope he stays! And I have a feeling he will!
I do appreciate Spinner and I DON'T expect every bit of inside word. It is Thursday afternoon, the teams will be announced in the next hour or so and we will find out. I did not think it was any big deal to ask at THIS stage of the week if he was playing this Sunday in the VFL (of all places).

DWOODROW
Club Player

saintkid wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

I do appreciate Spinner and I DON'T expect every bit of inside word. It is Thursday afternoon, the teams will be announced in the next hour or so and we will find out. I did not think it was any big deal to ask at THIS stage of the week if he was playing this Sunday in the VFL (of all places).
It's not a big deal to you or me but apparently it is to AFL clubs. Don't know the reasoning behind it nor do I try to understand it. Clubs play their cards very close to their chest.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW if Armo does leave i hope you stick around here its always good to see you posting stuff round here

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
DWOODROW
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:DWOODROW if Armo does leave i hope you stick around here its always good to see you posting stuff round here
Well thanks for that. I have a soft spot for Saints for obviuos reasons and am starting to accept differing opinions. Hasn't been easy but maybe that's what maturing is all about. Being open to all.
Cheers.
Now I'm off to training. :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

in this weeks inside football.....they list the 8 players thought to have been already signed by the gold coast......david was the second named after the boy wonder from snipers hollow....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saint58
Club Player

Well i love the way armo plays he is tough and hard plus he kicks goals i hope he comes back before the finals.

If sandy dont make the finals he will have to come back via the senior side as there will not be a game for him.

And he is not resigned,yet and every time a saints offical gets asked about armo they say he is a reguired player well then sign him.

This is why i think he will go home to QLD and GC17 but i really hope he doesnt lenny needs help and i carnt see anyone else in the club to assist him.

saintkid
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
Spinner wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
saintkid wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

It's not a big deal to you or me but apparently it is to AFL clubs. Don't know the reasoning behind it nor do I try to understand it. Clubs play their cards very close to their chest.
Thanks for a sensible and respectful reply DWOODROW as I was far from being unappreciative. :)

Spinner take note. :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Welcome back Armo...

Sandringham Seniors
B: Howard Simpkin Lynch
HB: J. Geary Gaertner Gallagher
C: Miles Armitage Magner
HF: Irving Pattison Peake
F: Stanley Sautner Tregear
R: McEvoy Heyne A. Smith
Int: C. Jones Sands Waller Hallahan Ferraro Walsh Hutchings
Johnson Steven Archer Cahill T. Johnston

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Wow, well done Armo.

How's that for a story, makes it back from a second knee injury, to give it one last crack in the senior side....

Good luck!

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Go Armo!!!

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Go like an angry bull, son!

JG

sorry,not a fan, way too slow,too high an opinion of himself from what i hear.Send to the Gold Goast If he has any value!