I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

@Sj_gumble: Can everyone leave my captain/friend alone! No one knows the full story, wait till the investigation is over

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Think of the "Knock On" effect here folks. BMW & Mercedes Benz dealers all over Melbourne will be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of plenty of Lawyers wishing to upgrade in the near future !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

mullet
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:They reported on SEN this morning that Barrett said that Essendon's defence (Ace in the hole) was that the drug is not actually a performance enhancing drug.
I don't watch the Footy Show so I don't know what he actually said.

Let's put aside the irrelevance of this...If that is the way they are going then they're not only cheats but stupid cheats.
Risking it all on a drug that doesn't actually enhance your performance. DUMB!

Now back on the relevance of this.
Surely, it doesn't matter whether the drug actually enhances your performance is not applicable if it is banned for use. I am sure that there are many drugs on that list that do not, on their own, enhance performance. Many are used as a masking agent to hide the real performance enhancer. If memory serves Warnie took a banned diuretic which is used to mask steroid use. He copped 12 months.

On SEN this morning, they used the analogy of being pulled over for doing 80 in a 60 zone and telling the officer that you're not accepting the ticket because you have evidence that this stretch of road should be an 80 zone.
The arrogance of this football club continues to stagger me. I know it shouldn't but just when I think I've seen it all they take it another level.
Spot on LLS. Jamaican sprinter Campbell-brown just got done for a diuretic. The reason, just as you said, they are trying to stop the cheats from flushing their systems.

I did watch TFS and found myself yelling at Sam Newman. Unfortunately his views are held by many. He thinks the AFL is actually above all this. He said something a long the lines that the AFL should disassociate itself from WADA/ASADA.

And there in lies the problem Sam. The AFL think they are bigger than World Sport and so does the EFC.

I found a link yesterday about Justin Charles and what happened to him all those years ago. I will try and post again. In it he states that he did what he was told and told the AFL everything that he knew about steroid use in the AFL, and they did nothing.

The AFL are not bigger than WADA, neither is the EFC. They need to realise this. How long are the EFC going to keep stalling this. Put it through the courts and in the meantime everyone keeps playing and nothing happens. I dont think WADA will stand for that.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Spot on LLS. Jamaican sprinter Campbell-brown just got done for a diuretic.
Warnie got a year for a diuretic.

It was not obviously performance enhancing as he always bowled better when he was fat :D :D

If thats the EFC excuse, well fk me. Have they hung their hat on that?

Really?

Really?

That is so fkn sad if true.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The AFL may indeed think they are bigger than world sport. They may well think they can ignore ASADA and WADA. So may the Essendon Football Club. And Sam Newman and others cheering from the sidelines may also hold this belief.

But at the end of the day they may well be in for a rude shock.

Maybe they can find a way out of all of this legally and bury their heads in the sand. But ultimately they do answer to others, eg

 The supporters
 The sponsors who have images to protect
 The Federal & State Governments through regulations, grants, loans etc
 The broadcasters, who pay big money to televise elite, fair contests
 Even those nasty betting agencies that poor money into the sport but won’t continue to do so if punters think that sport is a farce.

We may well be an indigenous sport played on an isolated island. But the world is watching.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 6082489408

This is the link to Justin Charles story hope it works

mullet
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/j ... 6082383335

And this is quite insightful as well

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:1. Breaching the drug code is not a crime .
2. Milne has been charged with a crime of a sexual nature.
3. Asada have their own tribunual process and each player will have to have their case heard at a tribunual hearing before they are banned from playing.

These 3 reasons explain why Jobe is free to play and there are no double standards at play.
Isn't the act of cheating to obtain financial gain considered fraud? Why else would the ACC be involved?
Isn't the standard practice of ASADA/WADA to stand the athlete down whilst investigations are being conducted?
At the very least, Watson should be issued with an infraction notice as he confessed to using a banned substance. Whether or not he thought it was legal is irrelevant.
Fraud in law is complex subject.
In short taking a ped isn't fraud (but you raise an interesting point).
The acc got involved because of the trafficking .
Remember the whole customs scandal a while back ?
It's all about bringing substances in to the country etc etc

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

The ACC (and their counterparts through Interpol) and WADA would ONLY be interested in Essendon so that they can highlight to the SPORTING WORLD that you WILL GET CAUGHT IF YOU TAKE THIS STUFF. That in turn would make it a whole lot LESS LUCRATIVE for those BLACK MARKET MANUFACTURERS of this stuff in China, USA, Thailand and other places, and that is who they are REALLY after !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:They reported on SEN this morning that Barrett said that Essendon's defence (Ace in the hole) was that the drug is not actually a performance enhancing drug.

Let's put aside the irrelevance of this...If that is the way they are going then they're not only cheats but stupid cheats.

Surely, it doesn't matter whether the drug actually enhances your performance is not applicable if it is banned for use. I am sure that there are many drugs on that list that do not, on their own, enhance performance. Many are used as a masking agent to hide the real performance enhancer. If memory serves Warnie took a banned diuretic which is used to mask steroid use. He copped 12 months.

On SEN this morning, they used the analogy of being pulled over for doing 80 in a 60 zone and telling the officer that you're not accepting the ticket because you have evidence that this stretch of road should be an 80 zone.
The arrogance of this football club continues to stagger me. I know it shouldn't but just when I think I've seen it all they take it another level.
Spot on LLS. Jamaican sprinter Campbell-brown just got done for a diuretic. The reason, just as you said, they are trying to stop the cheats from flushing their systems.

I did watch TFS and found myself yelling at Sam Newman. Unfortunately his views are held by many. He thinks the AFL is actually above all this. He said something a long the lines that the AFL should disassociate itself from WADA/ASADA.

And there in lies the problem Sam. The AFL think they are bigger than World Sport and so does the EFC.

I found a link yesterday about Justin Charles and what happened to him all those years ago. I will try and post again. In it he states that he did what he was told and told the AFL everything that he knew about steroid use in the AFL, and they did nothing.

The AFL are not bigger than WADA, neither is the EFC. They need to realise this. How long are the EFC going to keep stalling this. Put it through the courts and in the meantime everyone keeps playing and nothing happens. I dont think WADA will stand for that.

Not performance enhancing....then why take it?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

it could be as non performance enhancing as a f****** stick of celery in the bum
but it no matter
its banned

still no word on the thymosin and the hex i see

laughable
cant talk about the S2 drugs that would really ruin the reputation of the league

F*** me
:roll:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:it could be as non performance enhancing as a f****** stick of celery in the bum
but it no matter
its banned

laughable
cant talk about the S2 drugs that would really ruin the reputation of the league

F*** me
Tell us more about what you do with your celery. Who knows, it could form part of the next saintsational recipie for coleslaw :roll: :wink: !!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

matrix wrote:it could be as non performance enhancing as a f****** stick of celery in the bum
but it no matter
its banned

laughable

F*** me
Maybe that's the ploy Mat, have Jobe confess out of the blue to the "minor" drug to divert attention away from the big stuff?

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

yeah thought about it TB
also the organized crime link that was originally said by the acc

how crooked is it and how far up the chain does it go???

somehow i dont think we'll get the whole true picture and story no matter how bad the info is that comes out, i reckon theres dirtier stuff thats not coming out

markp
Saintsational Legend

Yup, classic ploy when trying to smuggle something through customs - declare a jar of Chinese hamster testicles and kick up a minor fuss when they confiscate them, hoping they then send you on your way without checking your bags too thoroughly.
Last edited by markp on Thu 27 Jun 2013 2:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

but it no matter
its banned

laughable

F*** me
I reckon I would move pretty fast if someone indeed inserted a stick of celery up my ought. Therefore it would improve my performance. Ban it I say !!!!

markp
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
but it no matter
its banned

laughable

F*** me
I reckon I would move pretty fast if someone indeed inserted a stick of celery up my ought. Therefore it would improve my performance. Ban it I say !!!!
Is that what they mean by 'carrot and the stick' approach?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:@Sj_gumble: Can everyone leave my captain/friend alone! No one knows the full story, wait till the investigation is over
He brought it up...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cmon
we all know celery is one of the worst foods on the planet

anyhoo
something stinks in this whole saga
and it aint the celery

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If you want to read some announcements on the current legal uses of AOD9604 and the applications and testing of AOD9604 just log into the Australian Sock Exchange website and search under the ASX code: CZD.

E.g. 14 December 2011- New Applications for AOD9604

13 March 2012 - AOD9604 Shows Positive Results in Cartilage and Muscle Repair Models

And...25th June, 2012;

Calzada Ltd’s (‘Calzada’) wholly owned subsidiary, Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd (‘Metabolic’), is pleased
to announce that it has received a conditional GRAS status determination by an expert scientific panel that its
peptide, AOD9604, is deemed Generally Recognised As Safe (“GRAS”) and can be consumed at total per
capita levels of 1 mg per day. This status, once the conditional task has been completed, will enable
AOD9604 to be legally and ethically sold as a component in conventional foods and eventually as a dietary
supplement in the USA. As such it is exempt from any further pre-market approval requirements of food
ingredients

As stated here and by WADA officials and by some media commentators...'legal' substances that a lay person can inject or take as supplements are TOTALLY irrelevant when it comes to 'banned' substances if taken by sports professionals.

saintkellerm
Club Player

How about Hirdy's media conference - someone had asked him if he was surprised that Jobe had said that he took AOD9604 and Hirdy laughed and said yes I was very surprised. I wish I was there because I would have asked him, why are you surprised James Hird?....it is becuase someone at the EFC actually told the truth!!! Because that is about all the truth we have heard so far...not all this bs that has been spinning around.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Im glad to see some sense is prevailing on here!

There is just so much evidence to suggest that EFC and Hird have been lying about this since day 1.

And this notion that it is all super complicated and their clever Lawyers are going to save them and set them free based on some expert legal knowledge is hilarious.

When lawyers look at a footy club - they see bags of money and gullible clients.

"yeah guys this is really complicated and we can make a case on your behalf - here is our charging schedule and our bank account number'.

HILARIOUS!

And its no point blaming the lawyers on this - the people to blame are the blokes who aimed and tried to cheat and got caught in the first place.

The three stooges in this are Hird, Evans and Thompson.

StevieSaint
Club Player

The article on Justin Charles was very interesting...AFL has clearly been covering up this issue for a long time. You hear the stories of the West Coast Eagles in the 90's and how they were busted and the AFL told them to stop. You hear the stories of the Brisbane Lions and look at the sheer size difference in their physiques, Geelong from 07-11 and now the Bombers where the current Brownlow Medallist has admitted taking them it's a disgrace. Of course most of those things are just stories BUT Justin Charles said he had more information and the AFL didn't want to know so it makes sense.

All this debate over whether the peptides are performance enhancing answers itself really...you don't put on 6-7kg of muscle in 2 weeks.

GO SAINTS GO
stevie
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:@Sj_gumble: Can everyone leave my captain/friend alone! No one knows the full story, wait till the investigation is over
He brought it up...
The celery?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Im glad to see some sense is prevailing on here!

There is just so much evidence to suggest that EFC and Hird have been lying about this since day 1.

And this notion that it is all super complicated and their clever Lawyers are going to save them and set them free based on some expert legal knowledge is hilarious.

When lawyers look at a footy club - they see bags of money and gullible clients.

"yeah guys this is really complicated and we can make a case on your behalf - here is our charging schedule and our bank account number'.

HILARIOUS!

And its no point blaming the lawyers on this - the people to blame are the blokes who aimed and tried to cheat and got caught in the first place.

The three stooges in this are Hird, Evans and Thompson.

You must be important to be involved in the case. What is you exact role?