Frankston move - the plot thickens

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:
Loyal wrote:
Go Sainters Go wrote:Loyal, don't keep crapping on about redeveloping Moorabbin if you don't really know = tell us HOW, WHEN and FUNDING PLAN seeing you believe you know it all.
we simply take the money from the government and AFL that was to be used for seaford and use it on moorabbin instead :lol:

we cook the books. we watch our wallet get a better stadium deal and redevelop moorabbin, easy.

where there is a will there is most definitely a way. :)
Well, come on, how are you going to do it. Don't continue as a smartarse, I want to know HOW - get approval from Kingston first maybe??
you mean how are WE going to do it? :lol:

you've gotta admit it has leg's first. the idea has legs.

why move? why move to a disused dump in the middle of nowhere when our home just needs to be renovated?
why move to a disused dump in the middle of a residential area if we dont have to?

HOW do we do it?
How have North done it? We do it in the same that North have.
put up or shut up?

stop trolling on an issues that is 5 years old. google Kingston council and moorabin development and you will see that the even getting out of the damn place has been a trial.

At least barks had a serious argument behind his statements. I disagreed with it but still respected the research and thought he put into it.

Loyal on the other hand is trolling and spaming. This aint a problem except that others start believing it as fact

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Loyal
Club Player

for the record Solar i did not agree with what barks had to say on frankston park. i believed that FP was a fantastic opportunity with its position so close to the beach.
i am however against BP as i believe that the job can be as easily done at moorabbin and for less money.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:for the record Solar i did not agree with what barks had to say on frankston park. i believed that FP was a fantastic opportunity with its position so close to the beach.
i am however against BP as i believe that the job can be as easily done at moorabbin and for less money.
Just why do you think that staying at Moorabbin would cost the Club less?

I am of the opinion that the Frankston Council is offering more money than the Kingston Council, and if that is the case, it will cost the Club far less than staying at Moorabbin.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Loyal wrote:for the record Solar i did not agree with what barks had to say on frankston park. i believed that FP was a fantastic opportunity with its position so close to the beach.
Just why do you think that staying at Moorabbin would cost the Club less?

I am of the opinion that the Frankston Council is offering more money than the Kingston Council, and if that is the case, it will cost the Club far less than staying at Moorabbin.
not hard, kingston would most likely pay us to leave... ok well they didn't but it was all smiles when we announced we were leaving

FQF
In richo I trust

Loyal
Club Player

1. we dont have to build an AFL standard training track. that part already exists.

have you guys been down to moorabbin lately? there's nothing there except for an MCG-sized stage.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

can someone confirm for me but didn't the frankston council say they were going to pay for the re-development of the BP oval surface?

FQF
In richo I trust

Loyal
Club Player

Let's aim for Waverley as the AFL standard Solar and see how cheaply we can turn Moorabbin into Waverley before we leave town.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:Let's aim for Waverley as the AFL standard Solar and see how cheaply we can turn Moorabbin into Waverley before we leave town.
The word "cheaply" is dependent on a Council's contributions.

To me Frankston has offered the better deal and not Moorabbin.

The Frankston Council offered just under $4 million for the development, which IMO was far more that Kingston.

The way I see it is that the Frankston Park redevelopment went sour when the Grandstand burnt down and plans were re drawn to have our training facilities relocated to the grandstand side of the ground. This meant a cost blow out of $5M with sewerage problems and other issues on the new location of our training facility.

Grant it that Frankston Park is a better location but to share the same ground with an opposition Club (albeit VFL) I thought was just not right.

Again, the Club had approached Frankston VFL on three occasions to affiliate but they had flatly refused.

The Club still wanted to move to Frankston Park but with the re location of our training facilities to the other side of the ground, made for a cost blow out.

Again, I am more in favour of a ground that we don't have to share with another side albeit VFL.

Yes, Moorabbin would have been ideal, but that has gone

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Loyal wrote:1. we dont have to build an AFL standard training track. that part already exists.
1. Which the frankston council is building for us at BP
2. Frankston counsil is contributing more than kingston would have (3million more)
3. No buildings to demolish, Yes a lot of Moorrabin is clear but the saints don't have lease rights to most of that area.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

No1_Saint wrote:Would loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove to stay at Linton Street. At least our Social Club will be there.....for now. Who else remembers training GF week in 1997....it was magical. I doubt whatever the new place will be called will have the same feeling....however we are not going to have that now.
That week is something that stands out in my memory very clearly. It was quite surreal.

I think that's why these threads are holding this much attraction for so many. People want to believe Loyal has some facts on his side. He doesn't. It's speculation mixed with opinions and optomism - which is a valid use of saintsational, but interesting to see how many (including myself) are watching something that in probably any other discussion they'd have dismissed at pg 1 just hoping there could actually be something there.

There isn't.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
casey scorp
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:3. No buildings to demolish, Yes a lot of Moorrabin is clear but the saints don't have lease rights to most of that area.
A check of facts required here ausfatcat. I think you'll find that the current lease area runs from (but not including) the Band Hall in Linton Street all the way to Doonga Avenue, and includes all of the land north of that length of Linton Street back to the houses. It is a very large area. It includes the footy precinct, as well as the massive "park" areas used for carparking when matches were played at Moorabbin.

The extent of the lease can be seen outlined by red dashed line on the plan at:

http://www.westofmoorabbin.com/moor_redevel.html