Sen rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Sen rumour

With extra ruck depth, we must wonder about the future of Jason Blake. And the addition of Lee raises questions about Kosi's future.

If we lose Farren, Goddard and Raph Clarke our half back line will be depleted.

noob
Club Player

I'd say Dunell could play half back role.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:With extra ruck depth, we must wonder about the future of Jason Blake. And the addition of Lee raises questions about Kosi's future.

I wouldn't be trded Farren Ray away anyhow.
Raph and Kosi are list and salary cap cloggers.
Unfortunately their aren't any clubs willing to hand over a round 7 pick for both of them.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Toy Saint wrote:With extra ruck depth, we must wonder about the future of Jason Blake. And the addition of Lee raises questions about Kosi's future.

The question of Kosis future was asked in the Cats game in rd 20.
The answer has been received. Tommy Lee..

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

Ray should be kept for one more year, and play every game.

He would then have 100 games with the Saints (Father & son).

Then we can trade him. :D

Richter
SS Life Member

We still have Sam Fisher, Gram and Sam Gilbert as experienced players who can play that role. Plus up and comers Sippos, Dunell and Newnes.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Gershwin
Club Player

Richter wrote:

We still have Sam Fisher, Gram and Sam Gilbert as experienced players who can play that role. Plus up and comers Sippos, Dunell and Newnes.
And Dempster

summertime and the living is easy ........
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Gershwin wrote:
Richter wrote:

And Dempster
And Jimmy

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Gershwin wrote:
Richter wrote:We still have Sam Fisher, Gram and Sam Gilbert as experienced players who can play that role. Plus up and comers Sippos, Dunell and Newnes.
And Dempster
And Jimmy
And Geary. And Ferguson, Winmar and Webster developing. And Schneider and Dal can go back there.

There's no shortage of half back options. They were Lyon's favourite type of player and we've had way too many of them for a long time.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

mad saint guy wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Gershwin wrote:And Dempster
And Jimmy
And Geary. And Ferguson, Winmar and Webster developing. And Schneider and Dal can go back there.

There's no shortage of half back options. They were Lyon's favourite type of player and we've had way too many of them for a long time.
agreed, not sure why people are panicing over the loss of Ray, we are short the monster back - thats it, and the club is addressing that

Seeya
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

Farren Ray is way too good to trade for somebody like Stefan Martin, who I don't rate very highly. I really want Faz to stay but if he was to go, I agree that I do not want Collingwood to benefit from any potential 3 way trade after how they back ended us with Ball. I would abstain from trading with Collingwood full stop going forward.

saint6709
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Gershwin wrote:
Richter wrote:We still have Sam Fisher, Gram and Sam Gilbert as experienced players who can play that role. Plus up and comers Sippos, Dunell and Newnes.
And Dempster
And Jimmy

There's no shortage of half back options. They were Lyon's favourite type of player and we've had way too many of them for a long time.[/quote]

and Simpkin

barrel-it
Club Player

ace wrote:

I wouldn't be trded Farren Ray away anyhow.
Raph and Kosi are list and salary cap cloggers.Unfortunately their aren't any clubs willing to hand over a round 7 pick for both of them.
Not entirely convinced that raph would be clogging up the salary cap?? <$120k - $150k max... I remember he signed very late last year in hope of a trade but all the clubs had exhausted their salary caps to sign on their stars..
these comments of $300k-$700k a year are BS...maybe this is why has can be retained for 8+ seasons as he doesn't/can't ask for more $$ based on his performances... or isn't greedy (bit of both maybe!)..

we have depth in our HB line, but just not extremly experienced.