Gubby Allan joins the Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Re: Gubby Allan joins the Saints

No, no, no everyone...chico is right, we are wrong.

Lethlean is a clear dud. He only brought in:
Ratten (best senior assistant in the game)
Lade (proven and well qualified assistant)
O'shaughnessy (data analyst guru and leader in the AFL)
Slater (convinced him to join the Saints the day after he retired from rugby, one of Australia's best ever athletes)
Gallagher (ex AFL and SANFL, senior exec in finance world)
Gubby Allan (sucessful 30 years in off field roles - Collingwood, Brisbane and GWS)

Yes, Lethlean is a clear and utter dud! How did I miss that after being the driving force for the above?
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Sun 28 Oct 2018 3:46pm, edited 4 times in total.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:20am
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 6:04am
chico2001 wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 11:36pm Glad you are spot on about the flogs sciolism, I was waiting for someone to realise that.
Cant you read?...posted some of the facts twice just in case you missed them first time. and...will be waiting in glee for the flogs next grand announcement of how perfect lethlean is ...and once again I will remind him that all is not painted as white as he promotes it. what knowledge?...."the club has appointed B.Lade as mid field coach- what a fabulous appointment" is that knowledge of the game is it?...…..don't forget to report back to us on his promotional performances on any other website regarding his grandiose praise of the dud lethlean and his player recruitment...….E

Don't forget...apparently the flog has played the game too ..and not in the amateurs either...so he has reminded us..thereby has more knowledge than most of us ….so is entitled to speak in grandeur terms....
Out of curiosity, If you were running the club, what would your plan be?
Curiosity killed the cat Crossy,

I haven't said anything about me running the club or day by day planning, I am a poster on the forum, the same as you.

The AFL owned and operated St KIlda Football club has a woeful image problem and this has got worse over the previous years, beaten in that area only by the Gold Coast. At least they have an excuse. This has been bought on by poor on and off field performance including player behaviour and the club is quite often derided by the media , ex champion players, its own members and supporters and even most other clubs. Imploded from within. Decisions for this club are now sanctioned by the AFL and similar to the Gold coast where rules are and will be changed in an attempt to lift these 2 clubs from the mire and protect the AFL's image, which , if it is any consolation, worse than the saints. If you are not aware of that then you have been living on the moon.

So how do the saints and the AFL solve that image problem? Yes, you guessed it. They appoint an ex AFL house manager highly paid but relieved of his duties for shagging at least one of his staff, no other club wanted to go near him despite an AFL "push" and that has a lot of slimy/cringe factor to it. Even worse this Manager then appoints a List Manager recently suspended for 12 months for hiding a minimum of one drug cheat, that is deplorable. The AFL thinks all this is fine. No doubt both are highly paid. Some posters even said that this type of "protection of drug cheats" is done hundreds of times across the AFL. .Really, so that justifies it does it?
It gets better, these two are promoted as messiahs to rescue the club from its mire. You cant read about this shite in a book or even..a movie.

The club has a coach who could not coax a bullant from its nest with a jarful of honey. So what does the club do? they then appoint another ex Head coach as support and the belief amongst supporters being that he will replace the incumbent even as early as six rounds into 2019 if he has a poor start. Not only that, the club did not rationalise the coaching ranks, there are more there now than ever. The club even has 2 ruck coaches for 4-5 ruckmen. Whatever happened to lean and mean and bloody good. The current head coach should have been sacked regardless of cost and a new appointment made in an attempt improve the clubs image, attraction for other players and to increase membership and appease the many disgruntled club followers. Not only that, actually perform on the field. Has the club been transparent in its dealings?

The club had a golden opportunity to square the ledger at this point in time but failed to do so, but coming off a very low base, any incremental improvement in 2019 will be seen as a miracle . That is not good planning in any persons book.

The other issue is the self promotion and the over the top adulation of Lethlean and the club and his so called miracles of recruiting by a certain poster with just enough pockets of support to upset the balance of fair discussion on the forum. Said poster magically appeared on here after the club was getting a hammering from all and sundry. These posts have been classed as "positive and exciting" threads as opposed to anyone who has a different view, the other posters who participate in that thread with a different viewpoint are called haters, liars, trolls, negative types and not supporters of the club etc . Boring, boring, boring.

These 'club" posts have an unbalanced view on how good the recruiting has been...even described it as the best the club has ever had, maybe in living memory....really, who writes that type of rubbish?...the season has not started yet but totally ludicrous claims are allowed to fester on here. So it appears now that the club is in better shape than when Ross Lyon was appointed coach, or even other coaches such as Grant Thomas or Stan Alves who got us into the finals on a regular basis and we even had quite a few top A grade players then. Did I miss something? I didn't miss the past financial mismanagement of the club and the excuses that followed though, that's for sure
It is well known also that the clubs player recruiting this year so far has been very poor, despite having a shedful of money and AFL backing due to lethleans relationship with Gillian. And worse than that, a record number of very good players leaving clubs via broken contracts but not coming to the saints. I would like to be a fly on the wall as our "powerbrokers" discuss this massive failure.

Off to China to make some money. Saints have only won the one overseas game ever and that was beating hawthorn at York park 2 years ago and I was lucky enough to be there. Will be playing a game in China against a team we haven't beaten for years and not likely to either. So count those 4 premiership points out. The club will get a better draw in 2019...October 31st so watch that space. It will be a false dawn though because the club has not recruited or traded well enough. Player retention was falsely promoted as " no one wanted to leave the club this year" which is footy speak for no other club wanted our trade baits ...even at give away prices.

Unfortunately delusion has taken hold and for some reason, many posters have strong beliefs that the club can turn around in 1/2 years and win a flag just as have the WB, Richond and the pies in that order.

BTW, plenty of posters on here have a history of abusing other posters, deriding ex players, deriding ex coaches and deriding other clubs and its players, but when you get it back or there is retaliation, you start squealing. Most of this post has already been mentioned anyway by other posters...so nothing new, just a summary.

If I was planning for this club I would do mostly the opposite to the above, the club would be in a better place because they are very average at the minute. The upside is that the club cannot go any lower and can only go up which means any decision the club has made now will pluck low hanging fruit from the tree and make some very average administrators and a coach look good for 2019 but only just.
I think that your commentary is impacted by your moral compass (which to my reading may in fact have different directional outcomes depending on whether the view is external or internal given past posting history) and it seems your judgement on the acts of the appointed individuals flavours your assessment of their efforts and results to date. How about giving them the benefit of your doubt until such time they prove you wrong or right in 12 -18 months time? Then you can flood the forum with I told you so posts. Give us a break now. We have all read your doomsday prophecy and your holier than thou condemnation of flawed human beings who seek new beginnings and redemption professionally and personally.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I’m not reading Chico’s posts that way.

They are a response to Ted’s over the top posting on every single decision the club has made. It’s sickening and makes me think, as others have said, that he is a club plant.

Context is important.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 4:11pm I’m not reading Chico’s posts that way.

They are a response to Ted’s over the top posting on every single decision the club has made. It’s sickening and makes me think, as others have said, that he is a club plant.

Context is important.
If you think Ted’s posts are overly positive that is fine. Have a laugh. Maybe even roll your eyes. Personally I think he posts in his super positive style to be a counter point to the overly negative and does so for pure entertainment value. Debate him without bringing in moral judgements on personnel involved. And without breaching forum rules re poster respect.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

For one, I'm not over the top with the positivity, but I will always recognise and acknowledge the positives coming out of the club right now. I don't agree with all this over the top negativity on here. Alot of it is just plain untruthful and biased. Posters have their motivations and reasons as to why they seek the negatives out first. Plus its a common human trait amongst "some humans" to act in this manner. Again, some can't handle, have the patience and/or have the ticker when the rough seas appear at the ST KFC.

There is still plenty of stuff that needs fixing at the club, but things are heading in the right direction (as evidenced with both off field and on field additions recently). The main priority is to get more out of the playing group (which is still quite decent I believe), keep drafting better kids and to get a couple of A graders in over the next 3 years.

And if you think I'm a plant, seriously, go see Dr Rabakaskbuka in a small town in Sri Lanka. He will give you some good voodoo magic pills to believe it.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 4:29pm

Context is important.
If you think Ted’s posts are overly positive that is fine. Have a laugh. Maybe even roll your eyes. Personally I think he posts in his super positive style to be a counter point to the overly negative and does so for pure entertainment value. Debate him without bringing in moral judgements on personnel involved. And without breaching forum rules re poster respect.
And of course Ted isn’t being passive aggressive and is never a smart arse, never. This is a bit one sided for my liking.

Time will tell if the recent appointments will be any good. Until then, the jury is obviously out.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 5:02pm

Context is important.
And of course Ted isn’t being passive aggressive and is never a smart arse, never. This is a bit one sided for my liking.

Time will tell if the recent appointments will be any good. Until then, the jury is obviously out.
I agree that Ted can be both those things but neither are against forum rules. However if that escalated to trolling then that would be a different matter. Time will tell whether Ted’s only contribution is to counterpoint the negativity in order to inflame rather than balance the forum.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 5:02pm

Context is important.

I agree that Ted can be both those things but neither are against forum rules. However if that escalated to trolling then that would be a different matter. Time will tell whether Ted’s only contribution is to counterpoint the negativity in order to balance or instead inflame the forum.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 4:48pm For one, I'm not over the top with the positivity, but I will always recognise and acknowledge the positives coming out of the club right now. I don't agree with all this over the top negativity on here. Alot of it is just plain untruthful and biased. Posters have their motivations and reasons as to why they seek the negatives out first. Plus its a common human trait amongst "some humans" to act in this manner. Again, some can't handle, have the patience and/or have the ticker when the rough seas appear at the ST KFC.

There is still plenty of stuff that needs fixing at the club, but things are heading in the right direction (as evidenced with both off field and on field additions recently). The main priority is to get more out of the playing group (which is still quite decent I believe), keep drafting better kids and to get a couple of A graders in over the next 3 years.

And if you think I'm a plant, seriously, go see Dr Rabakaskbuka in a small town in Sri Lanka. He will give you some good voodoo magic pills to believe it.
Is Dr Raba a real doc and does he come from Sri Lanka or are you being facetious? You are offending people and their religion or country of birth so perhaps you need a few lessons in understanding Australian racial vilification laws...idiot

chico2001
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 6:37pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 4:48pm For one, I'm not over the top with the positivity, but I will always recognise and acknowledge the positives coming out of the club right now. I don't agree with all this over the top negativity on here. Alot of it is just plain untruthful and biased. Posters have their motivations and reasons as to why they seek the negatives out first. Plus its a common human trait amongst "some humans" to act in this manner. Again, some can't handle, have the patience and/or have the ticker when the rough seas appear at the ST KFC.

Is Dr Raba a real doc and does he come from Sri Lanka or are you being facetious? You are offending people and their religion or country of birth so perhaps you need a few lessons in understanding Australian racial vilification laws...idiot
Superb response and probably showed a few flaws in his make-up.....not good......Hope his administrative friends don't act or speak like that but you know what....it wouldn't surprise me.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ok Scollop. You have Con Gorizides in your signature yet he has been banned under multiple usernames for xenophobic, racist, homophobic, vile, abusive posts directed at posters on this forum and club officials and players...yet you throw around racial vilification BS?

No double standards at all. Hook. Line. Sinker.

Total = 1.
chico2001
Club Player

BackFromUSA wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 3:41pm
chico2001 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 10:20am
Crossy66 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 6:04am
chico2001 wrote: Sat 27 Oct 2018 11:36pm Glad you are spot on about the flogs sciolism, I was waiting for someone to realise that.
Cant you read?...posted some of the facts twice just in case you missed them first time. and...will be waiting in glee for the flogs next grand announcement of how perfect lethlean is ...and once again I will remind him that all is not painted as white as he promotes it. what knowledge?...."the club has appointed B.Lade as mid field coach- what a fabulous appointment" is that knowledge of the game is it?...…..don't forget to report back to us on his promotional performances on any other website regarding his grandiose praise of the dud lethlean and his player recruitment...….E

Don't forget...apparently the flog has played the game too ..and not in the amateurs either...so he has reminded us..thereby has more knowledge than most of us ….so is entitled to speak in grandeur terms....
Out of curiosity, If you were running the club, what would your plan be?
Curiosity killed the cat Crossy,

I haven't said anything about me running the club or day by day planning, I am a poster on the forum, the same as you.

The AFL owned and operated St KIlda Football club has a woeful image problem and this has got worse over the previous years, beaten in that area only by the Gold Coast. At least they have an excuse. This has been bought on by poor on and off field performance including player behaviour and the club is quite often derided by the media , ex champion players, its own members and supporters and even most other clubs. Imploded from within. Decisions for this club are now sanctioned by the AFL and similar to the Gold coast where rules are and will be changed in an attempt to lift these 2 clubs from the mire and protect the AFL's image, which , if it is any consolation, worse than the saints. If you are not aware of that then you have been living on the moon.

So how do the saints and the AFL solve that image problem? Yes, you guessed it. They appoint an ex AFL house manager highly paid but relieved of his duties for shagging at least one of his staff, no other club wanted to go near him despite an AFL "push" and that has a lot of slimy/cringe factor to it. Even worse this Manager then appoints a List Manager recently suspended for 12 months for hiding a minimum of one drug cheat, that is deplorable. The AFL thinks all this is fine. No doubt both are highly paid. Some posters even said that this type of "protection of drug cheats" is done hundreds of times across the AFL. .Really, so that justifies it does it?
It gets better, these two are promoted as messiahs to rescue the club from its mire. You cant read about this shite in a book or even..a movie.

The club has a coach who could not coax a bullant from its nest with a jarful of honey. So what does the club do? they then appoint another ex Head coach as support and the belief amongst supporters being that he will replace the incumbent even as early as six rounds into 2019 if he has a poor start. Not only that, the club did not rationalise the coaching ranks, there are more there now than ever. The club even has 2 ruck coaches for 4-5 ruckmen. Whatever happened to lean and mean and bloody good. The current head coach should have been sacked regardless of cost and a new appointment made in an attempt improve the clubs image, attraction for other players and to increase membership and appease the many disgruntled club followers. Not only that, actually perform on the field. Has the club been transparent in its dealings?

The club had a golden opportunity to square the ledger at this point in time but failed to do so, but coming off a very low base, any incremental improvement in 2019 will be seen as a miracle . That is not good planning in any persons book.

The other issue is the self promotion and the over the top adulation of Lethlean and the club and his so called miracles of recruiting by a certain poster with just enough pockets of support to upset the balance of fair discussion on the forum. Said poster magically appeared on here after the club was getting a hammering from all and sundry. These posts have been classed as "positive and exciting" threads as opposed to anyone who has a different view, the other posters who participate in that thread with a different viewpoint are called haters, liars, trolls, negative types and not supporters of the club etc . Boring, boring, boring.

These 'club" posts have an unbalanced view on how good the recruiting has been...even described it as the best the club has ever had, maybe in living memory....really, who writes that type of rubbish?...the season has not started yet but totally ludicrous claims are allowed to fester on here. So it appears now that the club is in better shape than when Ross Lyon was appointed coach, or even other coaches such as Grant Thomas or Stan Alves who got us into the finals on a regular basis and we even had quite a few top A grade players then. Did I miss something? I didn't miss the past financial mismanagement of the club and the excuses that followed though, that's for sure
It is well known also that the clubs player recruiting this year so far has been very poor, despite having a shedful of money and AFL backing due to lethleans relationship with Gillian. And worse than that, a record number of very good players leaving clubs via broken contracts but not coming to the saints. I would like to be a fly on the wall as our "powerbrokers" discuss this massive failure.

Off to China to make some money. Saints have only won the one overseas game ever and that was beating hawthorn at York park 2 years ago and I was lucky enough to be there. Will be playing a game in China against a team we haven't beaten for years and not likely to either. So count those 4 premiership points out. The club will get a better draw in 2019...October 31st so watch that space. It will be a false dawn though because the club has not recruited or traded well enough. Player retention was falsely promoted as " no one wanted to leave the club this year" which is footy speak for no other club wanted our trade baits ...even at give away prices.

Unfortunately delusion has taken hold and for some reason, many posters have strong beliefs that the club can turn around in 1/2 years and win a flag just as have the WB, Richond and the pies in that order.

BTW, plenty of posters on here have a history of abusing other posters, deriding ex players, deriding ex coaches and deriding other clubs and its players, but when you get it back or there is retaliation, you start squealing. Most of this post has already been mentioned anyway by other posters...so nothing new, just a summary.

If I was planning for this club I would do mostly the opposite to the above, the club would be in a better place because they are very average at the minute. The upside is that the club cannot go any lower and can only go up which means any decision the club has made now will pluck low hanging fruit from the tree and make some very average administrators and a coach look good for 2019 but only just.
I think that your commentary is impacted by your moral compass (which to my reading may in fact have different directional outcomes depending on whether the view is external or internal given past posting history) and it seems your judgement on the acts of the appointed individuals flavours your assessment of their efforts and results to date. How about giving them the benefit of your doubt until such time they prove you wrong or right in 12 -18 months time? Then you can flood the forum with I told you so posts. Give us a break now. We have all read your doomsday prophecy and your holier than thou condemnation of flawed human beings who seek new beginnings and redemption professionally and personally.
Beautifully put Mr Mod but you have probably noticed that the negativity started at around the time a certain poster named ted started his "over the top fawning" of lethlean and other administrators. Exaggerated excellence they are not.... so this had to be stopped. Who wants to come into a forum and offer a view when that rubbish was being sprouted ad nauseum.But unfortunately that said poster has been responsible for dragging down the tone and standard of discussion. Yes, the compass is working but was only one component of my attack on that scoundrel. A good point you make regarding a timeframe.I am not going to cop 12 months of that drivel though.What next?......the highest of praise for the new runner, he or she will probably be the best in the land no doubt, what about the new bootstudder, superb appointment no less, it goes on an on. Don't exaggerate any achievements unless you have results from those appointments, that means wins for the club in 2019.

Don't mask overpraise with the cloak of positivity, it is detected very easily. There are no excuses now because apparently this is the clubs best recruiting period in living memory. I wont flood the forum with I told you posts either, not my style. We all have a past history on here and it is very easy to dredge up the odd scathing comment or abuse. I can go back and name 20 who have done that and more but what's the point? I think I might even been threatened with a fate worse that death at one stage, so what.

chico2001
Club Player

Context is important.
With respect , I think you are a fair bit off the mark there especially the 4th sentence.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 8:22pm

Context is important.
With respect , I think you are a fair bit off the mark there especially the 4th sentence.
Whereas I firmly believe that the 4th sentence is his raison d'etre.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 7:46pm Ok Scollop. You have Con Gorizides in your signature yet he has been banned under multiple usernames for xenophobic, racist, homophobic, vile, abusive posts directed at posters on this forum and club officials and players...yet you throw around racial vilification BS?

No double standards at all. Hook. Line. Sinker.
I don't quote Con's abusive material do I

Stick to the issue idiot and how about you apologise for your post

<warning for abuse>

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Context is important.
I've got to say, I find that a really strange view point.

Did you happen to witness the Essendon drug saga? They ended up having 70000 lunatics like Ted which to a large extent, dictated the direction that the AFL took with the whole thing.

But here, we have one dude (possibly one or two others) that have blind faith and support for the club and we find it 'sickening'?

You may not agree, but s*** man, supporters having blind faith and childish adulation for anyone or anything associated with their club is what makes big clubs big. If the Saints could find another 40000 supporters like Ted, the AFL landscape would look entirely different.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: Sun 28 Oct 2018 6:37pm

Voodoo isn't a religion is it?

Crossy66
Club Player

rodgerfox wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 7:15am

Context is important.

Did you happen to witness the Essendon drug saga? They ended up having 70000 lunatics like Ted which to a large extent, dictated the direction that the AFL took with the whole thing.

But here, we have one dude (possibly one or two others) that have blind faith and support for the club and we find it 'sickening'?

You may not agree, but s*** man, supporters having blind faith and childish adulation for anyone or anything associated with their club is what makes big clubs big. If the Saints could find another 40000 supporters like Ted, the AFL landscape would look entirely different.
Its a really good point.
I worry that if the supporters drop off and stop buying memberships, the Saints become irrelevant and the club folds/ merges / relocates.
During 2018, you could hear a pin drop in the stands it was so quiet - no emotion, no passion . Many that i know just stopped going. Many i suspect may not renew their memberships as some form of protest. So we know that when clubs, particularly vulnerable ones have bad years, memberships numbers drop off. So if you dont want your club to fold, why talk it down all the time?
Not saying everyone should adopt a koolaid inspired false optimism, but it would be good to acknowledge the good stuff rather than zero in on the bad stuff non stop. I think there have been some positives over the last few months, no doubt more needs to be done.
Personally i like ted and a few others optimistic view and not sure why anyone should be sickened by it.
Its a good time to get behind the club and do what supporters do.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Context is important.

There you go, strawmanning me again.

I guess that is one way of looking at it, but Ted's posts, like your example are unrealistic and over the top, which was my original point.

I'll say it again: how the hell does anyone know if any of these off-field appointments will address the root cause of any of our problems/issues? As Chico has done above, one could easily make a case that they are not the appropriate appointments for us.

You have said something similar yourself regarding Kinglsey going.

Some of us just want a bit of balance and realism.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

It obviously went over fish and chips head aka Human Rights Commissioner.

Total = 1.
takeaway
Club Player

SaintPav wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 10:26am

Context is important.

There you go, strawmanning me again.

I guess that is one way of looking at it, but Ted's posts, like your example are unrealistic and over the top, which was my original point.

I'll say it again: how the hell does anyone know if any of these off-field appointments will address the root cause of any of our problems/issues? As Chico has done above, one could easily make a case that they are not the appropriate appointments for us.

You have said something similar yourself regarding Kinglsey going.

Some of us just want a bit of balance and realism.
I don't understand all this fuss about Ted's posts. Just a regular poster whose posts tend to be more positive about the club, imo rarely unrealistic and over the top. Maybe the posts read differently when viewed from the dark side. If you don't like the posts, ignore them or post your alternative view. Simple. There are a lot more negative posters who are more unrealistic and over the top. Bit of balance and realism? - then the forum needs Ted and other positive posters or it will descend in the pit.

Off field appointments? Of course we don't know what effect they will have. No reason not to be positive about them based on the experience, etc of the appointees. Posters can also put a negative spin on the appointments, as maybe Chico tried to do, or something to that effect anyway. Should the club have made no changes?

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Thank you Takeaway. I'm not completely positive about everything the club does and is about as there is plenty that needs fixing still. I've stated this several times, but for some reason posters think I go crazy with the over positivity...I don't get it. Its obvious that some of the negative nutters are that biased and uncompromising in their negative views on the club that their thinking and posting becomes unbalanced. I clearly see it as does Takeaway.

At the end of the day, the forum needs all types just like the universe needs gravity to function correctly.

Total = 1.
freely
SS Hall of Fame

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:21am No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

I don't care much - but I think you're mistaken. I think Voodoo is a religion - and I think most practitioners of Voodoo regard it as a religion. Not sure why you would think that the fact it originates in West Africa means it's not. I forget now though what it had to do with Gubby Allan. He's a scumbag, as I understand - but I don't know if he's a religious one.

chico2001
Club Player

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 12:24pm Thank you Takeaway. I'm not completely positive about everything the club does and is about as there is plenty that needs fixing still. I've stated this several times, but for some reason posters think I go crazy with the over positivity...I don't get it. Its obvious that some of the negative nutters are that biased and uncompromising in their negative views on the club that their thinking and posting becomes unbalanced. I clearly see it as does Takeaway.

At the end of the day, the forum needs all types just like the universe needs gravity to function correctly.
No we don't need all types, especially flogs like you. Get yourself some help before it is too late. Take some of your snidey weak mates with you. Maybe then some sensible discussion can take place.

Crossy66
Club Player

freely wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 3:46pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Mon 29 Oct 2018 11:21am No, voodoo isn't a religion (its from West Africa) and has nothing to do with Lankans.

I don't care much - but I think you're mistaken. I think Voodoo is a religion - and I think most practitioners of Voodoo regard it as a religion. Not sure why you would think that the fact it originates in West Africa means it's not. I forget now though what it had to do with Gubby Allan. He's a scumbag, as I understand - but I don't know if he's a religious one.
So why is gubby a scumbag?