Saints are injury free

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Saints are injury free

From heraldsun.com.au

"ST KILDA

St Kilda had few injuries leading into Round 1, with Jarryn Geary playing in that contest despite a facial fracture. Ben Long would have missed three weeks with a rolled ankle out of Round 1 but is ready, while Jade Gresham (PCL injury from Round 1) is in the same boat.

The break has given Jimmy Webster more time after an interrupted pre-season, while Jake Carlisle will be keen to secure a Round 2 berth after missing out in Round 1. He has strong competition in the back six but was hurt by missing some sessions close to Round 1.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Re: Saints are injury free

I hope the players have strengthened thier hamstrings. The potential for injury is going to be significant during the Mickey Mouse competition.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Cheers Saynta, looking forward to Rd 2 selection. Will be a reasonable indicator of who managed themselves best in isolation.

What a memorable season, cannot wait to see it unfold.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

No excuses then

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

It's a shame the pathetic round one performance will be a distant memory by the time round two selection comes around.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

Beno88 wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 3:34pm It's a shame the pathetic round one performance will be a distant memory by the time round two selection comes around.
To be fair to the team they knew it was going to be a Mickey Mouse game and most of the players would have had a lot on thier mind most of which had nothing to do with playing a game of footy.

It's why many people are talking about the restsrt being a farce and this flag being worthless.

My advice would be don't take this season too seriosly as I suspect many players won't be either so you'll only get frustrated.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 4:00pm
Beno88 wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 3:34pm It's a shame the pathetic round one performance will be a distant memory by the time round two selection comes around.
My advice would be don't take this season too seriosly as I suspect many players won't be either so you'll only get frustrated.
People take social mixed netball too seriously.

I'm tipping athletes playing professional football at the highest level might be able to drum up a bit of enthusiasm.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

To be fair to the team they knew it was going to be a Mickey Mouse game and most of the players would have had a lot on thier mind most of which had nothing to do with playing a game of footy.

It's why many people are talking about the restsrt being a farce and this flag being worthless.

Considering the end of the world is nigh SK, according to some. I respectfully request you recycle some of that tin foil, open the blinds and sleep with the lights off tonight, if only to save us some power.

Your problems will still be there in the morning.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

The_Dud wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 4:33pm

I'm tipping athletes playing professional football at the highest level might be able to drum up a bit of enthusiasm.
What about our players though?

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 4:33pm

Social mixed netball is usually played fairly and on a level playing field and the players aren't compromised by having to fly interstate and play a game 1 hour after they land.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone know if there will be a practice match against another side before we resume?

I assume not - in which case round 1 in essence will be like a preseason game as they will have had over two and a half months break between games.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 6:41pm Does anyone know if there will be a practice match against another side before we resume?

I assume not - in which case round 1 in essence will be like a preseason game as they will have had over two and a half months break between games.
I doubt it saintspremiers and to be honest I hope they don't. This is a unique season and I cannot wait for it to unfold. Incredibly memorable, whilst some call for an asterisk for a devalued purpose, I think the asterisk will make those remember the hard times the league and supporters endured.

Please pledge!

Secret Kiel
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 6:41pm Does anyone know if there will be a practice match against another side before we resume?

So many people talking about how the expectation is there will be a significant number of soft tissue injuries and serious grades, hamstrings ripped from the bone. I just hope our players don't take the Mickey Mouse competition serious and have their eyes firmly focused on 2021 and don't wreck themselves and our chances for a proper flag in 2021.

You only need the intelligence of a bowl of fruit to have enough free thought to understand that the long term thinking player will put themselves into preservation mode for 2020.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 8:23pm

So many people talking about how the expectation is there will be a significant number of soft tissue injuries and serious grades, hamstrings ripped from the bone. I just hope our players don't take the Mickey Mouse competition serious and have their eyes firmly focused on 2021 and don't wreck themselves and our chances for a proper flag in 2021.

You only need the intelligence of a bowl of fruit to have enough free thought to understand that the long term thinking player will put themselves into preservation mode for 2020.
Plenty of other sports have had shortened seasons for various reasons. I’m pretty sure NBA teams like the Heat and the Spurs still count their titles like any other.

Secret Kiel
Club Player

The_Dud wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 8:47pm

Plenty of other sports have had shortened seasons for various reasons. I’m pretty sure NBA teams like the Heat and the Spurs still count their titles like any other.
Why did you mention other comps and the NBA?

FOCUS!

This is a fan forum for the St Kilda FC in the AFL and we are discussing the speculation that there could be an onslaught of injuries due to players being on the beer teet since March.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 8:58pm
The_Dud wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 8:47pm

Why did you mention other comps and the NBA?

FOCUS!

This is a fan forum for the St Kilda FC in the AFL and we are discussing the speculation that there could be an onslaught of injuries due to players being on the beer teet since March.
You’re the one who brought up cartoon characters 🤷‍♂️

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

I don't think many organisations in any industry would accept such a ridiculous excuse for poor performance.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Beno88 wrote: Thu 21 May 2020 9:13am

I don't think many organisations in any industry would accept such a ridiculous excuse for poor performance.
I don’t think many organisations were put in as ridiculous predicament as AFL clubs were at the time.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

The 4 teams that played games in round 1 after the announcement the season was being indefinitely postponed had a huge impact on the concentration of the players and it's one of many reasons the integrity of a flag in 2020 is severely compromised.

So I think nearly every organisation in the world except the US Whitehouse and the AFL understands that performance in 2020 is below normal levels.

lewdogs
Club Player

I think we can learn from round 1. We were the better team for much of the contest but lost. A lot worked for us. Some things clearly didn't.

Hoping we can build on that loss and play finals this year. Need to win 9 or 10 games, I think we're capable.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 21 May 2020 10:55am

The 4 teams that played games in round 1 after the announcement the season was being indefinitely postponed had a huge impact on the concentration of the players and it's one of many reasons the integrity of a flag in 2020 is severely compromised.

So I think nearly every organisation in the world except the US Whitehouse and the AFL understands that performance in 2020 is below normal levels.
I think if anything a 2020 premiership will be rated more highly, not less - whoever wins will have had to show more professionalism than other sides even by your own example.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

A total waste of time.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

freely wrote: Thu 21 May 2020 2:45pm

I think if anything a 2020 premiership will be rated more highly, not less - whoever wins will have had to show more professionalism than other sides even by your own example.
Possibly, AFL players dream of playing in empty stadiums and holding the cup aloft on GF day at a crowdless MCG so I can see how players will be motivated to show more professionalism.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Some people can't give in, no matter how benile thier objective is. Lol. See what I did thier? 🤣

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Thu 21 May 2020 3:24pm
freely wrote: Thu 21 May 2020 2:45pm

Possibly, AFL players dream of playing in empty stadiums and holding the cup aloft on GF day at a crowdless MCG so I can see how players will be motivated to show more professionalism.
What puts you in any position to speak for AFL players regarding their dreams or motivation?

Everything said publicly so far directly contradicts you, for what it’s worth.