Membership

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Membership

Where is my membership?
I was told I would receive something soon weeks ago.
I took my certificate to get my scarfe and my patch to Moorabbin to get it put onto my new scare, they didn't have the correct equipment and left it there and told they would send it out to me.
Well that was four weeks ago, I did follow up 2 weeks ago and told not to worry, it would be sent out soon.
Not impressed, a member for 51 years and treated like s***.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Membership

More than a bit of a worry mate. I asked the club how we were going to get into a home game without a membership card. I was told the AFL hadn't worked that out yet.

Just f****** brilliant.

SaintJohn1956
Club Player

I received an email on the 24th.

We’re writing to inform you of a change to our member pack inclusions from 2022 onwards. As you will have noticed, the membership card in your 2022 membership pack was absent and replaced with a member loyalty patch.

Q. Why was this change made?

In 2021, multiple venues across the country including Marvel Stadium began a transition towards digital first access into stadiums. This change has rendered plastic membership cards redundant in terms of their primary and functional purpose as they are slowly replaced by access via QR codes on digital devices.

Q. Is it possible to have both, a plastic card as well as a digital solution?

Unlike a plastic card with permanent information, a digital solution allows the club to remain agile to respond to changes arising from COVID driven protocols such as last minute gate change or seat change information.

Q. Will this change be permanent in a post COVID world?

As a club, we are also mindful of minimising our plastic footprint on the environment. This change follows the lead of a number of plastic card solutions which are quickly moving towards a digital solution.

Q. What if I don’t have a smartphone or my battery runs out on match day?

There will always be options available for members who don’t have access to or are unable to access digital technologies to facilitate their matchday entry.

Q. Was any consideration given to the intangible value of membership cards?

We realise that the value of a membership card extends past its functional elements as they represent a connection with the club, a keepsake or collector’s item and a sense of identity on matchday that some members wear proudly. Through our annual member survey, we continually seek feedback on members’ desire to either continue or replace cards with an alternate item that would still allow members to proudly display their identity as a member on gameday.

Q. Will I still be able to get a membership card + lanyard in 2022?

Based on the above consideration, members can still select a card and/or lanyard via the form below and this will be posted at no additional cost to you.

Upon selection, your item(s) we be mailed out from early March onwards and estimated to arrive at your address towards the end of March.

Please note, these cards will not provide access to games for the upcoming season. Access will be via a mobile first ticketing process. More information in relation to ticketing for the upcoming season will be communicated early next week.

Saint John
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

What would happen if people stopped lying.

Why not be honest and explain the digital system provides an opportunity for data mining and access to behavioural targeted advertising.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 01 Mar 2022 1:50am What would happen if people stopped lying.

Why not be honest and explain the digital system provides an opportunity for data mining and access to behavioural targeted advertising.
Don't just blame the saints. all clubs are not sending out membership cards. Some clubs didn't even give the members a choice . at least our club did.

they already have that data mining. as soon as you sign onto anything and send your email address or put your name down for anything you are taregeted unless you go in and change the cookies specifically to not allow targeted advertising.

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

You should have received an email last night regarding Rounds 1, 3 and 5.

Vortex
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote: Tue 01 Mar 2022 7:52am

Don't just blame the saints. all clubs are not sending out membership cards. Some clubs didn't even give the members a choice . at least our club did.

they already have that data mining. as soon as you sign onto anything and send your email address or put your name down for anything you are taregeted unless you go in and change the cookies specifically to not allow targeted advertising.
Absolutely all clubs are doing it, who isn't doing mass surveillance. My gripe is why all the BS, why tell us it is to save the environment when we know that is NOT one of their objectives.

Its like hands up if you thought banning plastic bags by Coles and Woolworth was about the environment...

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Vortex wrote: Tue 01 Mar 2022 9:12am

Absolutely all clubs are doing it, who isn't doing mass surveillance. My gripe is why all the BS, why tell us it is to save the environment when we know that is NOT one of their objectives.

Its like hands up if you thought banning plastic bags by Coles and Woolworth was about the environment...
I've been a member almost 30 years
Main reason to support the club
But also because I'm lazy
Pre season I organise my ticket 🎟 and I'm done for the year . I hope that this will be the case this year .
Not have to f@#$ around each week like last year .

Also I would often lend my membership to friends/family if I couldn't go to a match .
This probably won't be possible with the digital pass.
I wonder if the digital pass makes it easier for us to be cancelled if we don't conform to head offices wishes🤔

In red white and black from 73
Vortex
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Tue 01 Mar 2022 10:23am
Vortex wrote: Tue 01 Mar 2022 9:12am

I've been a member almost 30 years
Main reason to support the club
But also because I'm lazy
Pre season I organise my ticket 🎟 and I'm done for the year . I hope that this will be the case this year .
Not have to f@#$ around each week like last year .

Also I would often lend my membership to friends/family if I couldn't go to a match .
This probably won't be possible with the digital pass.
I wonder if the digital pass makes it easier for us to be cancelled if we don't conform to head offices wishes🤔
You nailed it. That's exactly what it's about. Slight thread drift but same MO, soon we will be hearing a lot about a thing called programmable digital currency, the US, UK, Canada, NZ and our own government (think 5 eyes) are very keen on doing away with cash of the folding type and implementing this programmable digital currency. With this system the control over our spending will be complete.

So yeah, I really believe the club when they say the new digital system is all about saving the environment...pffft!

seano1
Club Player

What if people stop going……..I didn’t go to one game last year and probably won’t this year ……. And quite frankly think memberships are almost dead ……..I’m like a lot of others might not know I’m free to go to games due to other commitments and might not know till that morning or that afternoon and now spontaneous decisions are getting hard to do , with having to go through ticketmaster etc

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I’ve said this for a while now… even pre-Covid the spend vs gain balance of a membership really works against anyone that isn’t in a position to go to that many games.

Covid has brought this more to the forefront with the reality that for 2 years, our memberships have essentially been straight donations to the club… and don’t get me wrong, the loyalty thing is important to many but the club is a business and not a charity.

A business asking for donations like a charity and offering a product that is of little value to the customer is a loser business model

The club would do well to offer a more diverse range of membership packages for the same money. I spoke about this in the Kayo thread…
I usually pay $370 a year for a package that guarantees a GF ticket but the last game I went to was the Easter debacle vs North years ago. I’d have gladly paid my money just for Kayo access and a GF if applicable but was a no go with the cheapest option yo cover both = buying to packages over $500

Makes no sense. As such I’ve spent less this year on a membership with the knowledge that if I actually paid for a full year of Kayo, paid for say 5 games as I went… it’s a better deal by some ways then what the club offers.

If I did that for say 5 years and then scalped a GF ticket, I’d still come out on top by ways.

Prefer to spend the money on the club but give me options I could use

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Apparently your membership is supposed to be on the St.Kilda app and sure enough there it was, including my reserve seat and other details.
However, even with all those details for the round 1 game, there is no barcode.
I am supposed to have a 22 game membership, surely the simplest thing to do via the app is have a barcode on my membership details so I can just swipe it like my old membership ticket to gain entry.
It seems that they want to complicate a simple system.

Bruce G McAbee
SS Hall of Fame

Okay, and cudos to the person on the phone this morning at the club.
Of you have St.Kilda app on your phone, your membership details will be on it, as mine are with my reserved seat.
What will happen is that 72 hours prior to the game your entry ticket, or barcode will appear there to allow you to gain entry into Marvel.
Also, my scarfe is on the way, again cudos to the club.