Belief as supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Belief as supporters

When was the last time you went to a game expecting to win - and I mean really knowing we were going to put a team to the sword???

Even against North there were rumblings that if they turn up they could beat us.

I cannot remember a time in the 20-teens or 2020's that we were consistently able to approach a game with the knowledge that we were certainties.

I may be jaded - but F@rk this supporting gig is hard work!

The most damning thing from last nights game comes from reviewing the last 5 weeks:
The_Dud wrote: Fri 17 Jun 2022 11:32pm Essendon previous four games: 47, 48, 50 and 54 points.

107 tonight.

Lol.
Bunch of spuds with a lower case s

I WANT TO ST KILDA TO BE HATED AND FEARED - NOT PATTED ON THE HEAD AND GIVEN TABLE SCRAPS

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
Crossy66
Club Player

Re: Belief as supporters

Any AFL team can look good with no pressure. Look what happened when we dialled it up in the third.
Talent wise, i think we are a good bottom of the 8 side, but collectively something not right above the shoulders.
If we bring the heat, we can match it with most

nobhead
Club Player

Crossy66 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 10:01am Any AFL team can look good with no pressure. Look what happened when we dialled it up in the third.
Talent wise, i think we are a good bottom of the 8 side, but collectively something not right above the shoulders.
My 1st live game since 2010 gf .im 53 years old and dont hold out any hope of seeing stkilda ever winning another flag.never ben so disillusioned and angry about the effort of the players last night for a long time.i dont know what the answers are and feel sorry for all of our loyal and long suffering supporters and memmbers of this club.

Crossy66
Club Player

nobhead wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 10:18am
Crossy66 wrote: Sat 18 Jun 2022 10:01am Any AFL team can look good with no pressure. Look what happened when we dialled it up in the third.
My 1st live game since 2010 gf .im 53 years old and dont hold out any hope of seeing stkilda ever winning another flag.never ben so disillusioned and angry about the effort of the players last night for a long time.i dont know what the answers are and feel sorry for all of our loyal and long suffering supporters and memmbers of this club.
Hang in there mate, as disappointing as last night was, we are moving in the right direction. I think we lost 5 years from 2012 onwards and feel like we have fixed that damage.
Still a few pieces missing but we arent too far away from been a good side.