Coaches Votes v Richmond

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StPeter
Club Player

Coaches Votes v Richmond

10 Tim Taranto (RICH)
8 Trent Cotchin (RICH)
6 Dustin Martin (RICH)
4 Nick Vlastuin (RICH)
1 Shai Bolton (RICH)
1 Jack Sinclair (STK)

Both coaches identical except for the one vote.

I wonder which coach gave Sincs a vote?
A bit lop-sided considering we were only 6 points down with a few minutes to go.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Re: Coaches Votes v Richmond

We didn't deserve to be as close as we were. They looked sharper and played better team football from about half way into the 1st quarter, right up until the final siren.

The scores at the end of the 2nd and 3rd quarter flattered us. Half time it was 10-7 to 8-2. Before the last quarter the score was 11-10 to 11-3. That's a lot more shots on goal from Richmond.

As I said, they worked smarter and created better opportunities to score. Our inside 50's were shallow and our entries were poor.

Sinclair didn't inspire his team to victory. Ross Lyon, was probably rewarding him for a good game and a very high work rate. We had many who gave really good effort (like Butler and Crouch) but they just weren't as effective as the Richmond guys who got votes.

I think you'd be on your own thinking the coaches votes weren't accurate or consistent with the most influential players on the night

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Umps and straight kicking plus the first 4 goals made the game look a lot better on us than it was for most of it.

Killa
Club Player

And we come up against another pretty handy midfield group this week

And there is the danger

Feeding an attack which also has options

So the pressure will be on

We badly need Steele back in good form to give clearance support to Crouch and Sinclair (and Marshall)

The first question to me is Ross

All of Steele (in form), Crouch, Sinclair and Marshall have the ability to feature in Coach’s votes in any given game no matter the competition

Does Ross?

If we were sitting at 3/4 wins season to date instead of 8 it may well be that we would be seeing the likes of Phillipou, Owens and Windhager in there on a regular basis

Granted we have Clark and Jones on the sidelines which does not help

Another question is that with the return of the likes of Clark, Jones, Billings, Coffield, Membrey and perhaps a chance given to Bytel who do they replace?

Again Ross comes into the conversation