Valiant performance

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

battye
Saintsational Legend

Valiant performance

Well done to the boys. Was a great game to watch, unfortunately we just weren't good enough. West Coast were a better team, and to get as close as we did was amazing.

2008 is ours!

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Geez..Battye...ure easily pleased.........4 goal lead thrown away......we start playing like we have lost control of our limbs.....and your happy with the effort?????

“Yeah….nah””
midas_touch
Club Player

Moral is you don't play three good quarters against a good side such as the Eagles. Our third quarter cost us the game.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
benengel14
Club Player

I haven't seen many performances better than that this season. I was proud of the effort. Thought we deserved to win, and were unlucky to have lost.

I'm pretty pleased with the progress since the start of the season with Lyon. Enjoyed watching the game, was a great contest from a spectators point of view - very few backwards kicks, only brief moments of flooding.

Obviously more work to do though if we want to be a "contender".

battye
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Geez..Battye...ure easily pleased.........4 goal lead thrown away......we start playing like we have lost control of our limbs.....and your happy with the effort?????
In about Round 10 I thought the season was over. To somehow get back into finals contention, and then to really make West Coast work for that win... yes, I was happy with that.

In all reality, were never going to be a premiership contender this year (evident after the first few rounds) so any half-decent performance is a bonus.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

battye wrote:
Teflon wrote:Geez..Battye...ure easily pleased.........4 goal lead thrown away......we start playing like we have lost control of our limbs.....and your happy with the effort?????
In about Round 10 I thought the season was over. To somehow get back into finals contention, and then to really make West Coast work for that win... yes, I was happy with that.

In all reality, were never going to be a premiership contender this year (evident after the first few rounds) so any half-decent performance is a bonus.
Fair call battye, if you are not going to win the big one, you only hope that you can put in a big effort and our boys did that tonight.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
kalsaint
Club Player

midas_touch wrote:Moral is you don't play three good quarters against a good side such as the Eagles. Our third quarter cost us the game.
Perhaps but if we had scored 12 5 rather than 9 8 against the Eagles 6 3 at half time, the Eagles may have never forced their way back into the contest.

Kicking still needs work, midfielders and forwards. It was good to see 7 different goal kickers to half time though.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Young Georgie
Club Player

Its too easy to be critical of individuals and too easy to turn on others after a loss but WCE are a quality side and was always going to hit back hard after a slow start.

Saints did well but clearly have to work on fitness and skill level which was poor tonight. Missed Harvs & Max & Bakes big time. Lenny great but beaten in the middle and an unsettled defence got caught flat footed.

Roo sensational, Milney good (ish), Raph surprisingly better and plenty of encouraging signs - save for the woeful umpiring.

A good effort but not good enough and I reckon we showed tonight just about where we should be in the competition.

When you're missing the players we are at the moment with others still trying to find form after lay offs, you're always going to be up against it.

Beat the Tiges and you never know!?

Graceful, elusive, strong overhead and no Easybeat!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:06am, edited 1 time in total.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Three things we need to work on next year are depth, ruck and goalkicking.... If we could improve these three areas of our game, we have a huge chance....