the difference between the blues and the saints.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the difference between the blues and the saints.....

in 2002 we were desperate to win games.....following the drawn match against the swine with the youngest side we had ever played, grant thomas was quoted in the press as voicing his approval for having avoided a priority pick for the third year running..... he thought it better to have the respect of the other sides gained through winning...he was not interested in tanking.....

....now on the other hand...the bluebaggers ceo has been saying for a good part of the season that the blues would do what the filth would do whilst he was their ceo to gain any advantage in the draft they could.......they would not forfeit their priority pick.....

kouta in today's hun is quoted as saying that he would rather the club lose this weeks match against the dees so that they can get the no 1 draft pick .......matthew kreuzer.......

.....and they talk about respect and tradition....... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

...they really are the scum of the afl.........how the mighty have fallen on their knees......and don't i love it.....

....the pp really has to go......

...how would you like to be a bookie holding big bickies on this match...a match no-one wants to win...... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

love your post stinger.

post it on TalkingCrap and let them all sook about it.

Heck, let's rename them CarlTank.

Can't wait for the Kreuzer Cup on Sunday and big win by Carlton.

All their fans will be devastated!

I reckon by 2010 they'll have a full team of PP and 1st round draft picks and still be bottom 4!

love it!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Russman
Club Player

Wouldn't it be funny if Carlton lost , picked up Kreuzer for their PP and he turns out to be a dud. :D
That would make my day.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
JeffDunne

The people pulling the strings at Carlton now are the same people that rorted the cap.

Why would anyone be surprised they'd participate in match-fixing?

The AFL should have banned from the game all those involved in their previous scams - including one of our assistant coaches.

Cheating, lying scum - it's their culture.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:The people pulling the strings at Carlton now are the same people that rorted the cap.

Why would anyone be surprised they'd participate in match-fixing?

The AFL should have banned from the game all those involved in their previous scams - including one of our assistant coaches.

Cheating, lying scum - it's their culture.
as far as i'm concerned we have far too many ex scumbag coaches and/or former players on our coaching panel...three too many in fact......ross is the exception ......

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:The people pulling the strings at Carlton now are the same people that rorted the cap.
Incorrect.

Stinger...
For once i agree with your comments.

It shites me no end to see how we are selling out for picks. I have always been wanting to win games, but now thats its the last week of the season it would be rediculous to win now.

I think the AFL changing the PP rules on us last year (thus stripping us of the the second best kid in the land last year) has come back to haunt them. How a team can qualify for the PP 1 year, have the system changed, qualify for it the next year, yet NOT be eligible for the 'upgraded' pick is pathetic.

As many of you are very quick to point out...Carlton has been languishing on the bottom of the ladder for a while. Before we were just $hit. Now becuase there is an extra pick involved we are so good that we have to tank to lose? :?

If the AFL took away the PP system there would not be the farcical situation there is now. Instead there would be 30,000+ saints members calling carlton $hit, rather than tankers.

JeffDunne

TheBabyBlues wrote:Incorrect.
Pratt, Elliott and Kernahan.

All participated in cap rorting and all three are now Carlton's main power-brokers (one is president, one is the footballing director & Elliott has the ear of both).

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
Incorrect.

Stinger...
For once i agree with your comments.

It shites me no end to see how we are selling out for picks. I have always been wanting to win games, but now thats its the last week of the season it would be rediculous to win now.

I think the AFL changing the PP rules on us last year (thus stripping us of the the second best kid in the land last year) has come back to haunt them. How a team can qualify for the PP 1 year, have the system changed, qualify for it the next year, yet NOT be eligible for the 'upgraded' pick is pathetic.

As many of you are very quick to point out...Carlton has been languishing on the bottom of the ladder for a while. Before we were just $hit. Now becuase there is an extra pick involved we are so good that we have to tank to lose? :?

If the AFL took away the PP system there would not be the farcical situation there is now. Instead there would be 30,000+ saints members calling carlton $hit, rather than tankers.

how about tank of sh!t....or tanking sh!t......or sh!t tankers.......i'm easy.......but at the end of the day, you are cheating, currupt scum.......

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:

All participated in cap rorting and all three are now Carlton's main power-brokers (one is president, one is the footballing director & Elliott has the ear of both).
Collo was the one in charge of the shady deals. True Eilliot was Prez at the time but he has nothing to do with the carlton finances at present and holds no real power at the club.

Sticks had little to do with any of it and is simply a glorified yes man.

Pratt was around at the time so he is automatically guilty by association?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:

yeah....why not..........prick of a man....along with elliott and that clown sticks......

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

stinger wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:

yeah....why not..........prick of a man....along with elliott and that clown sticks......
You just put the same amount of thought into your insults anymore stinger.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
stinger wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:

You just put the same amount of thought into your insults anymore stinger.

leave out the "don't", did we....????..wagging school today..?????..looks like you need all the school time you can muster.....

.....have you ever met elliott.?????..i have..you wouldn't let any of your daughters near him......pratt......yeah..well we all know about him...similar type to elliott, but never caught...yet......sticks...well..if he had half a brain ..i would be extremely surprised.....

JeffDunne

TheBabyBlues wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Collo was the one in charge of the shady deals. True Eilliot was Prez at the time but he has nothing to do with the carlton finances at present and holds no real power at the club.

Collo was working for the AFL/TD when you were caught the last time.

Remember, he was handing out a 9 week penalty to a player that held him to his dodgy deals. Read the details of the ATO case against Williams and it makes interesting reading.

Why are so many Carlton supporters so ignorant about their own club?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

remember the old saying ...about the brand of petrol you were using......and being urged to "put a tiger in your tank"......well carscum are intending to put a "kreuzer in their tank"..................

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I may be incorrect but I believe that Collo was the instigator and facilitator of the Brown Paperbag method of TPP at Carlton.

He was at the AFL when they (the AFL) offered a moratorium on salary cap breaches in the early-mid 90's which surprise, surprise, allowed Carlscum to admit breaching the Salary Cap without penalty.

When they got caught in the Fraser Brown salary/ATO fiasco, I believe that Collo was at TD and Pratt wasn't around the club. When the AFL levied the million dollar fine I believe the Carlscum Board went to Pratt to help pay it.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

Collo was working for the AFL/TD when you were caught the last time.

Remember, he was handing out a 9 week penalty to a player that held him to his dodgy deals. Read the details of the ATO case against Williams and it makes interesting reading.

Why are so many Carlton supporters so ignorant about their own club?
Yes Collo was working for the AFL...how do you think they found out about the intricate details of the rorting (intricate details that he himself was congratulated for by the AFL when we got done for them the first time - ironic really).

He jumped ship from Carlton, pointed the finger at us and Elliot (who does not deserve pardon from the blame) and them came back us our 'saviour' with the sole agenda of shifting us to HIS Telstra Dome in order to line his own pockets. When it all got too much for him and he was found out, he had to go for 'health reasons'. The health reasons was he got a cat scan and it came back negative! :roll:

Collo pointed the finger at us as he thought the AFL would go easier on us if he was able to knock elliot down from his thrown (a long time thorn in the side of the afl). He was wrong. We got spanked by penalties. He wasn't man enough to challenge those rulings either, letting his ego rule over his heart yet again. It was better to show 'how bad elliot made the club' then worry about how it would hurt the club longterm.

Collo always had an agenda and i dont think he'd be legitimately be able to say that he ever put Carltons best interests at heart.

If you've got that case handy, i wouldn't mind a read though.

JeffDunne

MM, the ATO investigation was into Williams and Justice North left us in no doubt that Carlton were cheating the cap. Yes it was Collo that penned that agreement.

Collo was pissed at Williams because he insisted on the payments after the moratorium. Hence payback when he was at the AFL.

Pratt & Elliott were part of the group involved in the cheating in the late 90's that resulted in their penalties in 2002. Part of the reason why Sammy is with us now is because a certain player manager refused to be part of future scams because they had already hung one of his players out to dry.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I may be incorrect but I believe that Collo was the instigator and facilitator of the Brown Paperbag method of TPP at Carlton.

He was at the AFL when they (the AFL) offered a moratorium on salary cap breaches in the early-mid 90's which surprise, surprise, allowed Carlscum to admit breaching the Salary Cap without penalty.
This is where the AFL congratulated Collo for being so clever and underhanded...without admission from him of the rorting they never would've found out.
Mr Magic wrote:When they got caught in the Fraser Brown salary/ATO fiasco, I believe that Collo was at TD and Pratt wasn't around the club. When the AFL levied the million dollar fine I believe the Carlscum Board went to Pratt to help pay it.
Pratt left with Elliot. Both were disgusted at the underhanded tactics collo used to seize control of carlton to fulfil his own agenda.

Surprise surprise, when Collo and his underlings (smorgon) left the club, they all came flooding back and we have been put back on track.

Collo was the one responsible for the clubs position moreso than elliot, yet he is pardoned from the blame because of his slanderous tactics aimed at elliot.

JeffDunne

TheBabyBlues wrote:If you've got that case handy, i wouldn't mind a read though.
Try this for some light reading.
http://footystats.freeservers.com/Speci ... risis.html

I can't believe your club still has a licence TBH.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:If you've got that case handy, i wouldn't mind a read though.
Try this for some light reading.
http://footystats.freeservers.com/Speci ... risis.html

I can't believe your club still has a licence TBH.
What often gets overlooked here is the repeated breaches of these rules by other clubs too. Just because we were high profile and made an example of we cop the sole blame. What about Bombers, Freo, Dees...all done for the same thing.

Thanks btw.

JeffDunne

Ah . . . the everybody else is doing it excuse.

If all else fails .. . . :roll:

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Ah . . . the everybody else is doing it excuse.

No, its not an excuse its just something to ponder.

We got down. We copped the fines and penalties. We are dealing with it and moving on. Just wondering what was the reason behind going so hard at us when others simply got a slap on the wrist.

You guys are known for crying fowl claiming the AFL has an agenda against you. You cite Bakers tribunal hearings, the launceston fiasco and whatever else you guys can come up with. I'm not sure how true it is, but if you believe that, surely you can see my point about the inconsistency of the AFL here....(and the PP stripping and changing of the rules that only affected us - a follow on from the breaches).

As i said, whats done is done and we move on. But it doesn't mean i have to like it or agree with it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:Ah . . . the everybody else is doing it excuse.

No, its not an excuse its just something to ponder.

We got down. We copped the fines and penalties. We are dealing with it and moving on. Just wondering what was the reason behind going so hard at us when others simply got a slap on the wrist.

You guys are known for crying fowl claiming the AFL has an agenda against you. You cite Bakers tribunal hearings, the launceston fiasco and whatever else you guys can come up with. I'm not sure how true it is, but if you believe that, surely you can see my point about the inconsistency of the AFL here....(and the PP stripping and changing of the rules that only affected us - a follow on from the breaches).

As i said, whats done is done and we move on. But it doesn't mean i have to like it or agree with it.
I think you got hit harder than the others because you had 'come clean' in the moratorium and yet got causght again so soon.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, the ATO investigation was into Williams and Justice North left us in no doubt that Carlton were cheating the cap. Yes it was Collo that penned that agreement.

Collo was pissed at Williams because he insisted on the payments after the moratorium. Hence payback when he was at the AFL.

Pratt & Elliott were part of the group involved in the cheating in the late 90's that resulted in their penalties in 2002. Part of the reason why Sammy is with us now is because a certain player manager refused to be part of future scams because they had already hung one of his players out to dry.
JD,
DIdn't the whole sorry saga come to light when Fraser Brown had an issue with the ATO over what he had actually received from Carlscum and someone at the AFL 'twigged' that the amount he claimed he had been paid was far more than what Carlscum had declared they paid him?

As for Sammy, I believe you are correct but it goes further than that.

My understanding was that Carlscum told him they would match the Swans offer (450,000?) but that a large portion would have to be in paperbag as they didn't have room in their Salary Cap. They were able to pay only 200 or 250 on the books and the manager thought that this would 'raise a flag' given all the publicity surrounding the Swans offer. Allison (the manager?) then went looking for an offer and found us at less than the Swans but on the books (I believe Sammy took less from us because it costs less to live in Melbourne than Sydney)

I don't know enough about Pratt being involved with Elliott at that time, but I do believe he had nothing to do with Collo or Smorgon.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:[

Yes Collo was working for the AFL...how do you think they found out about the intricate details of the rorting (intricate details that he himself was congratulated for by the AFL when we got done for them the first time - ironic really).

He jumped ship from Carlton, pointed the finger at us and Elliot (who does not deserve pardon from the blame) and them came back us our 'saviour' with the sole agenda of shifting us to HIS Telstra Dome in order to line his own pockets. When it all got too much for him and he was found out, he had to go for 'health reasons'. The health reasons was he got a cat scan and it came back negative! :roll:

Collo pointed the finger at us as he thought the AFL would go easier on us if he was able to knock elliot down from his thrown (a long time thorn in the side of the afl). He was wrong. We got spanked by penalties. He wasn't man enough to challenge those rulings either, letting his ego rule over his heart yet again. It was better to show 'how bad elliot made the club' then worry about how it would hurt the club longterm.

Collo always had an agenda and i dont think he'd be legitimately be able to say that he ever put Carltons best interests at heart.

If you've got that case handy, i wouldn't mind a read though.

cry me a rivers ffs....in a later post you say that these sleazlebags have put the scummers back on track....which track.???..the one leading to interstate re-location..????

.you are still crap...and still getting flogged out on the park ..even with your million and one early draft picks......no guts...no glory.......just tanking and shoving your nose in the trough for more pig's swill in the form of early picks.......

...your club disgusts me......