Will SSF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Will SSF

submit their financial plans to the AFL for scrunity, or will they try to go without AFL approval?

before anyone jumps in.

1) Everyone knows I have no love for the AFL and Demented.

2) However the AFl have a fantastic track record for running the financial side of the League. Name one team in the past decade that even looked like folding?

The STKFC is on a winner with this request.

If the FFS submit their financial plans to the AFL and it gets the thumbs up, they are in like Flynn. (Butters said that they had to onsider a better model as the current board)

If the AFL rejects the plans, they are in trouble selling their policies.

If they dont submit, the Butters Admin can ask, what have they got to hide?

Very good reasoned and well thought out response to the FFS.

The FFS have the time to submit to the AFl their financial model and strategic plan, the EGM wont be for two months.

Ball in your court FFS.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

Who controls this club, the AFL or the members?

Fair dinkum, the AFL has no place in club matters and it's an absolute disgrace for Rod to suggest it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Who controls this club, the AFL or the members?

Fair dinkum, the AFL has no place in club matters and it's an absolute disgrace for Rod to suggest it.
Dont all AFL clubs submit their financial models and strategic five year plans to the AFL?

Seems like a reasonable request JeffDunne.

Going in a bit hard on the Rod is a disgrace so early in the piece JD.

Dont you want to see a comprehensive, clear and consise, 5 year strategy and plan?

I think it would be a sound move, after all dont the aspirants have to work with the AFL if they get voted in?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kaos theory
Club Player

And do you think that dimwitriou will give a fair asessment, given that buturs is in his back pocket?

Also, on what criteria will they evaluate a plan? I can apply about 20 different models all producing different results.

What I want to see is what's best for ST.KIDA, not what the AFL thinks is best.
Last edited by kaos theory on Thu 13 Sep 2007 11:46am, edited 1 time in total.

Joey
Club Player

Its not about the AFl or the members running the club. Its more about an independant body who wants all the clubs to be successful to analyse both sides plans and then put forward to the members what is the best option for the clubs future

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Joey
Club Player

It will be interesting to see if the current board sticks to the comment that if the AFL says that SFF proposal is better they will step down

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:And do you think that dimwitriou will give a fair asessment, given that buturs is in his back pocket?
Please stay objective and dont bring innuendo and your own uncorroborated opinion into the argument. If the FFS win they have to deal with the AFl financially anyway. Where is the problem?
kaos theory wrote:Also, on what criteria will they evaluate a plan. I can apply about 20 different models all producing different results.
good for you. This is a group of people who want to take over a 20 million dollar organisation, and you are putting up barries to open, tranparent, and rigorous analysis of how the new group will go about all this new spending, and all the new revenue streams.

Why dont you want to see this kaos theory?
kaos theory wrote:What I want to see is what's best for ST.KIDA, not what the AFL thinks is best.
the AFL dont vote on who will be on the board, the members do. And if you dont believe the AFl dont have an influence over every club in the League, you are kidding yourself.

Well seems I have hit a nerve with this simple request. The anti-Rod's are out quickly to deflect from a simple request.

As I said RB and the board are on a winner with this one. :D :wink:

Lance or James??

JeffDunne

The AFL aren't independent.

If you want an independent assessment, hire an accounting firm.

Seriously, I can't believe people are entertaining this as a serious suggestion.

The AFL should stay out of it. They have already endorsed Rod and why wouldn't they when Rod goes into a President's meeting and suggests the AFL shouldn't - yes shouldn't - increase their dividend to clubs.

Rod's confidence the AFL will take this suggestion on indicates clearly he has already spoken to them about it. Independent my arse. :evil:

chook23
Saintsational Legend

clearly so many are judging on emotion alone

SFF have to answer to their claims with substance..............

agree with OP

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: If you want an independent assessment, hire an accounting firm.

Seriously, I can't believe people are entertaining this as a serious suggestion.
Mabye Access Economics would do?

Dont the AFl know about the business of football?

Dont the AFl look at all clubs financial plans going forward?

Dont the FFS need to deal with the AFL if they are successful.

I dont understand all this defensiveness and evil emoticons if the FFS want to be financially transparent and accountable.

Where is the problem with this?

Lance or James??

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Joey wrote:It will be interesting to see if the current board sticks to the comment that if the AFL says that SFF proposal is better they will step down

I think what the Board reminded people of today that as a Board that they are in fact legally required to make sucha recommendation.

Directors of Boards today have to meet various strict legal requirements.

Now having said that...if comparing two business plans their would bea some grey are as to which one could be considered to be best.

However the AFL is experienced at reviewing the Plans of AFL clubs to see if they are prudent and viable. Many , if not all, AFL clubs have already been through sucha process.

So for US the MEMBERS to be assurred that the FF group CAN in fact run our club responsibility it is a pretty fair requirement.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 13 Sep 2007 11:58am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
kaos theory
Club Player

JB -

IF you think dimwitiou will not show some level of bias to the incumbent, which he has a strong relationship with, then that would go against every business expereince I have had...
This is a group of people who want to take over a 20 million dollar organisation, and you are putting up barries to open, tranparent, and rigorous analysis of how the new group will go about all this new spending, and all the new revenue streams.
I'm putting up barriers to sales tactics from the incumbent! Also, tell me, who audited the BR board when they took over. Who assessed their vauge vision on how to take the club forward???

Also, compare the quality of the challengers AND the size of businesses they have run/being involved with compared to the current board....
The new guys blow them away on capabilities & skills to run a business...

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I want to see the current board's plan also. I want to see their plan for sponsorship, football dept and also, our facilities.

Don't just chuck it all back on SFF.

If it's good enough for SFF to explain, which they will need to do to win, then it's good enough for the current board to do the same.

Any "our performance is on public record" claptrap is not going to cut it.

I don't care whether it's the AFL or KPMG or my local accountant who looks over it all, but both sides need to submit to the same criteria.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:JB -

IF you think dimwitiou will not show some level of bias to the incumbent, which he has a strong relationship with, then that would go against every business expereince I have had...
This is a group of people who want to take over a 20 million dollar organisation, and you are putting up barries to open, tranparent, and rigorous analysis of how the new group will go about all this new spending, and all the new revenue streams.
I'm putting up barriers to sales tactics from the incumbent! Also, tell me, who audited the BR board when they took over. Who assessed their vauge vision on how to take the club forward???

Also, compare the quality of the challengers AND the size of businesses they have run/being involved with compared to the current board....
The new guys blow them away on capabilities & skills to run a business...
So where is their financial and strategic plan?

Please dont try and Bulltish me with ethereal garbage lacking insusbstance.

If the FFs have nothing to hide, submit to the AFL and we will see what they think.

Or do you want to vote in a mob that has no plan and will think one up later?

What have they got to hide?

Lance or James??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I don't think they will submit the plan to the AFL.
I think they know they can win an election on the tidal wave of anti RB emotion and they don't need to do anything but just not stumble.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Speaking of financials, did anyone think Caroline Wilson's question relating to Andrew Plympton's handover was strange?

"Did you not take over from Andrew Plympton when there was no debt, so this debt you talk of clearing was off your own making?"

I thought the answer, whilst probably correct, seemed a little rehearsed.

Just a gut feeling.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Joey
Club Player

If thats the case then we have to wait 2 months to knowexactly where the club is heading, the best solution is for both parties to submit there plans for the future and sought things out before november. that way the club can move forward and look to preparing for 2008

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I want to see the current board's plan also. I want to see their plan for sponsorship, football dept and also, our facilities.

Don't just chuck it all back on SFF.

If it's good enough for SFF to explain, which they will need to do to win, then it's good enough for the current board to do the same.

Any "our performance is on public record" claptrap is not going to cut it.

I don't care whether it's the AFL or KPMG or my local accountant who looks over it all, but both sides need to submit to the same criteria.
Well start your on thread. This is about the FFs and their lack of substance in their financial and strategic plan so far.

And I do care who looks at the plans (and yes both should be looked at). I want a body experienced in football and is financially brilliant at running the game - and that my friend is the AFl.

Seems though the anti-Rods are in a bit of a spin.

All it is is a simple request to see the substance of the hype sent to us last night.

if I see that, I'll make my decision. The current board has the runs on the board, the aspirants have to come up with the goods.

Lance or James??

JeffDunne

jb, you amaze me sometimes.

One minute you are threatening to never spend one cent on supporting football because of the AFL's bias & corruption, the next you are supporting a proposal for them to decide who is best to take the club forward.

Truly bizarre.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Joey wrote:If thats the case then we have to wait 2 months to knowexactly where the club is heading, the best solution is for both parties to submit there plans for the future and sought things out before november. that way the club can move forward and look to preparing for 2008
Sounds reasonable joey.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:jb, you amaze me sometimes.

One minute you are threatening to never spend one cent on supporting football because of the AFL's bias & corruption, the next you are supporting a proposal for them to decide who is best to take the club forward.

Truly bizarre.
Dont attack me JD.

I am looking at the issue at hand. Who said that I would vote for Rod Butters?

I am looking at this dispassionately.

Dont you want to see some clarity and rigour in the aspirants financial plan?

I am sure they have one, but until they submit something of substance, all we have is spend spend spend, some floss about increased revenue and no grog and drugs.

Sounds pretty flimsy.

I ask again, dont you want to see both sides of the argument so you can make an informed decision?

Lance or James??

Joey
Club Player

The club needs to get sponsorship, player contracts, the football department and fitness all in order so that Ross Lyon can start concentrating on the team for next season.

Right now the coaching staff and players need stability

JeffDunne

I'm not attacking you jb, simply questioning your logic.

I'm happy to see both sides of the argument and I have expressed concerns with some of what SFF have put forward.

But the suggestion the fricking AFL should decide is an insult to people's intelligence.

Typical Rod, insults the members and does the AFL's bidding.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Joey wrote: Right now the coaching staff and players need stability
they couldn't give a F***, they are on holidays. it will all be over by the time training starts.

Dont bring that into the argument.

Lance or James??

Leo.J
SS Life Member

The AFL has helped to decide our fate over the past few years even with RB as their lacky.

Wispers in the sky.

The most unfair draw for any club ever in 2006.

Ridiculous decision at the Tribunal, won't even bother listing them it would take too much time.

Siren Gate.

The list goes on.

So we've been on the AFL's goodside with Rod, and look where it has got us, we've gone backwards.

Lets do whats best for St.Kilda FC, not whats best for the AFL first and then if it suits them it suits us.

The AFL has shown it is corrupt on many levels, so we know we cannot trust any conclusions they make.

The club should consult an independant firm to ok the incumbents and SFF's finacial plans if this is required.

The AFL cannot be trusted, well they can be trusted only to do whats best for the AFL, not whats best for us.