BAKER - I'm still as mad as HELL!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

BAKER - I'm still as mad as HELL!

:evil: :evil: :evil: I’m sorry, but I still haven’t moved on from this!! And NO, I won't just get over it so don't start! :evil: Can a new board have this decision revised? 7 weeks is a ludicrous amount of time to be given to a player where there was no evidence to support it. For Baker to clearly be deemed guilty first up and then have to battle for his innocence, even when Farmer jumped to his defense, is totally unethical.

The AFL tribunal is a law unto itself and needs to cop a severe boot in the rear for its holier than thou decision making. For too long this bunch has gotten away with lining its pockets with our money from failed appeals. Appeals that have held merit and clout but because of the end of the line position the AFL tribunal hold it’s of no interest to them to reverse these decisions. Not only do we have to cough up thousands in appeals costs, we have a legal team that must be costing us so much more.

I can’t also drop the fact that had Baker been in the side against the Eagles we might have curbed the goal flow on Lynch and won the game.

Nothing would excite me more than seeing a “freshâ€

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Back in 1989 - West Coast Eagles Gay McKenna was scragging Plugger after the whistle had blown (in front of the members mind you) and big Tony shrugged his shoulders and swung his massive tricep back which cushioned into the side of loser McKennas neck - Mckennas goes down and stays down - though plays the next week with no concussion or discernible injury - poor old plugger got 4 or 6 - shite either way - and I am still fuming :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Back in 1989 - West Coast Eagles Gay McKenna was scragging Plugger after the whistle had blown (in front of the members mind you) and big Tony shrugged his shoulders and swung his massive tricep back which cushioned into the side of loser McKennas neck - Mckennas goes down and stays down - though plays the next week with no concussion or discernible injury - poor old plugger got 4 or 6 - shite either way - and I am still fuming :evil:
yep me too on that one......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
karnaby
Club Player

Yep Devilhead, that one riled me too. If the pr1ck had of let go when he was supposed to nothing would have happened. For the record I believe that the fatboy got 4 weeks for that.

One I'm still sh1tty on is dennis collins for taking a dive when wild robbie had a swing at him. A bit like Bakes with his "attempted strike" last year, Muir did time without actually landing one.

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Scoop
Club Player

Count me in on the Plugger one too.....(and the mad dog one).

The other thing that really annoyed me was that after that game, Plugger was on 72 goals....and it was only Round 9!!

He surely would have broken Coventry's record if he had an uninterrupted year.

His first game back, from memory, was the state game and he was as fat as a pig....it didn't look like he had trained at all during his layoff. Kicked 5 goals, but got injured and didn't play a lot in the 2nd half of the season....once again if my memory serves me correctly.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:Back in 1989 - West Coast Eagles Gay McKenna was scragging Plugger after the whistle had blown (in front of the members mind you) and big Tony shrugged his shoulders and swung his massive tricep back which cushioned into the side of loser McKennas neck - Mckennas goes down and stays down - though plays the next week with no concussion or discernible injury - poor old plugger got 4 or 6 - shite either way - and I am still fuming :evil:
Ruined our season.

Completely. Never recovered.

West coast players were telling the umpires to report him. Trial by media.

The Baker one is a joke in comparison.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Persuader
Club Player

The' Baker one 'is not a joke. I am also still furious and completely
off football because of it...can't be bothered with it. Haven't watched one final. Not that anyone would care....but it proved to me the Tribunal makes it up as it goes along. As does the AFL.

The Plugger report was also a disgrace. I remember Justin Madden doing the same thing to someone the following week and play on. The caller said 'didn't Plugger just get four weeks for that?' The only difference was, the guy wasn't knocked out when his head hit the ground.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Tough as he was, Carl Ditterich used to get reported for next to nothing as well.

It's been going on for decades.

I know this sounds defeatist, but anyone who can't cope with this sort of stuff should barrack for one of the other 15 clubs!

I agree that something should be done about Bakes, but I've developed a sort of learned helplessness when it comes to injustices against our club. When was the last time we got an even break? (Superboot signs off; deafened by the deadly silence!).

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe its a good thing Baker is suspended considering he hasnt re-signed yet, not being able to play for 6 weeks into the season would be a big negative for a possible trade, if he wanted out that is :wink:

Before Im 85
Dazvolt
Club Player

Are pre season games included?

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Dazvolt wrote:Are pre season games included?
nope... Baker can play in the pre sesaon cup..... but can not play till round 6 of the home and away season

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Garibaldi
Club Player

Superboot wrote:Tough as he was, Carl Ditterich used to get reported for next to nothing as well.
Ditterich had a low tolerance and this rsulted in a lot of suspensions. When he started carrying the hankercheif this all changed.

Baker's suspension isnt based on anything tangible. There is no evidence that points to any infringement on his part.
He was suspended base on the "well he would have done it"rule.
Total BS

boo effin hoo
ifonlybarkswashere
Club Player

[quote="Garibaldi] When he started carrying the hankercheif this all changed.[/quote]

What was the go with that hanky?

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ok, so barring another legal challenge, Baker can play a maximum of 17 H&A games next year, plus he carries a 50% loading if he gets demerit points next season.

All in all, he has little trade value/interest from other clubs, plus we want him.

I hope we sign him reasonably cheap for next season, with a significant increase for 2009 based on him not getting suspended and showing his normal good form (that part shouldn't be a problem!).

Basically, we have lost Bakes for 5 out of 22 games - about 20% of the season gauranteed - we must be prudent and offer him a modest contract for 08.

Bakes has little if any bargaining power..........I'm not saying scew him to the bone - still pay him what a player of his calabre and ability deserves, but more so on a pro-rata basis.
Makes sense???

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.