We have have nothing to do with the Judd trade IMO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st.mart
SS Hall of Fame

We have have nothing to do with the Judd trade IMO

Nearly every poster on here assums that we are a big player in the Judd fiasco......why, because we have pick #9......Brisbane have pick #8, Bulldogs Pick #7.....etc....

WCE would want two QUALITY picks and a player or one Quality pick a QUALITY player and a Second Round pick....

We are well down the pecking order in WCE eyes.......people are going bananas over the value of selection 9.......a joke.....a top 5...then yes we have a bargaining chip to be part of the deal.....we WILL not get a GUN for a speculative pick (yes a 6-16 is still speculative)....one of the teams who are part of the equation are likely to be involved if there is a three way deal - after all, they will be the clubs meeting at trade time..

WCE will put forth the demand - and we will NOT be a part of it - IMO.....

Believe it or not - WCE are the ones who hold the trump card (C.Judd)...

Total Awareness
Club Player

Agree totally. Our Pick 9 is nothing special. I cannot believe the assumptions being made about the power of our Pick 9. The value of 9 in trading terms is very little.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Yes, but teams with those Top 5 picks in the race for Judd (Carlton & Melbourne), would be willing to trade with us for our pick 9.... Therefore, the Eagles could end up with our pick 9, and one of these club's top picks for Judd.

The Saints are coming!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

IMO pick 9 has value in the judd trade.

alternatively with adcock.
Last edited by Dan Warna on Wed 26 Sep 2007 2:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Total Awareness
Club Player

With the quality of player we would be asking for our first pick a Melbourne or Carlton could deal direct with the eagles and offer them a player as well as one of their top 5 picks.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i think west coast are more keen on the two picks then the one pick and a player

think in the eyes of wc they have a fairly compleate team so a trade for a player who wont make their top 22 is pointless they would rather have the picks for the future of the club
but your right the lions and bullies have got lower picks then us and would be more attractive to carlton to trade picks with as the bullies have a desperate need for talls

i still think we can whore out our pick 9 but only if the bullies and the lions dont beat us to it

(freo also have a lower pick but they are desperate to get some young blood into their list )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i think west coast are more keen on the two picks then the one pick and a player

think in the eyes of wc they have a fairly compleate team so a trade for a player who wont make their top 22 is pointless they would rather have the picks for the future of the club
but your right the lions and bullies have got lower picks then us and would be more attractive to carlton to trade picks with as the bullies have a desperate need for talls

i still think we can whore out our pick 9 but only if the bullies and the lions dont beat us to it

(freo also have a lower pick but they are desperate to get some young blood into their list )
although pick 9 can be useful because we know carlton, melbourne, richmond and freo usually pyss their picks up on some useless hopeless shyte, so in reality its worth about pick 5 or 6 :lol:

colin sylvia, molan, livingstone, etc etc (I know we've had our share of harsh picks but its fun throwing stones :D)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Total Awareness wrote:With the quality of player we would be asking for our first pick a Melbourne or Carlton could deal direct with the eagles and offer them a player as well as one of their top 5 picks.
True TA but WC may say 1 top 5 plus 1 top 10 pick we are not interested in players or alternatively might not value a player say a midfielder or a ruckman as highly as StKFC due to list structure.

We are only in the picture if the club is Melbourne or Carlton as they have top five picks and they's want to offer up something very good.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

ill tell it to you straight West Coast are not intrested in a player who is going to spend time in the WAFL unless hes a draft pick . All they want is Draft picks and early ones they want to draft one or both of Morton and Palmer and what ever club can help them get that will get judd

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bozza1980
Club Player

I disagree that Pick 9 would be unwelcomed by West Coast.

I'd suggest that they would be extremely happy, if hypothetically, they received Carlton's Pick 3 and our Pick 9 in exchange for Chris Judd.

Regardless of the player, 2 first round draft picks is an extremely good deal. You would expect to get 2 100+ game players with those picks.

That said, I'm not sure whether Carlton would offer anything we'd want for offloading our 1 crack at the first round.