"Finally the truth!"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

"Finally the truth!"

...is the headline on National Nine News.

Secondary line being:

"Ben Cousins rushed to hospital in LA after weekend cocaine binge."

Ok, if this is the truth, how come it hasnt been on any news websites like reuters, theage.com.au, or anything else?
Its not even the lead article, im waiting for the full story on nine in a few minutes.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

WTF?
Seems quite sus...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

5 Day Binge?!?! :shock:

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

If true this is pretty big, apparently he was in a hospital for 2 days after being on cocaine for 5 days, he then went on to stay in hospital for 2 days.

Everyone was so impressed by how Cousins' dad handled the issue now it is just pathetic...

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Cancel his passport...

They walk amongst us...

karnak
Club Player

I've kept really quiet on this issue; however; I now feel the need to say.

get well Benny, this addiction will kill you. and surely it is not worth it.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=321475
According to the official call sheet, Ms Ela told the operator "a 29-year-old male on cocaine was not acting right, but (was) breathing and unconscious".

She then told the operator that "(the guest) had been on cocaine for the past five days. He's not being violent. He's just scared
this is getting beyond a joke

stinger
Saintsational Legend

that blond who picked him up from the airport is a bit skanky ......he's lucky he has his dad......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: "Finally the truth!"

n1ck wrote:Ok, if this is the truth, how come it hasnt been on any news websites like reuters, theage.com.au, or anything else?
The Nine Network has a reporter stationed permanently in the United States.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

And to the people who say he took it to cheat must now know that he is an addict not a cheat.

We should now feel for him as he has a problem.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:And to the people who say he took it to cheat must now know that he is an addict not a cheat.

Even though he may not have taken it to cheat there are still unknown effects which could lead to performance enhancement.
As for feeling sorry for him he is in the position he is in by his own doing, no sympathy for people like that.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:And to the people who say he took it to cheat must now know that he is an addict not a cheat.

bit of both i would hazard to guess.....typical druggie though...can't trust him out of your sight...or in this case his father's sight.....

karnak
Club Player

Drug use and addiction is often a reflection of society as well as the individual.

statistic came out yesterday that 1/4 of the homeless in the US are veterans. Don't always be so quick to jump down peoples throats when it comes to drug addiction/homelessness.

People deal with tragedy in different ways (and just becasue someone from wealth family and on surface very happy, it doesn't mean that they are)

I think that you can't just paint these things either black or white. They are only vairous shades of grey.

westy
Club Player

Her is what The West Australian has to say:
Ben Cousins was rushed to a Los Angeles hospital last week after a female companion told paramedics the former Eagles skipper had been on a 5 day cocaine bender.

While Cousins’ father Bryan told reporters that rumours Cousins had disappeared in the United States were false, it has now been revealed that Mr Cousins flew to his son’s aide within hours of the press conference.

Cousins was treated in hospital for two days after the emergency call.

Not overly informative!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
stinger
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:
Not overly informative!
the transcript of the 911 call was though....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:Drug use and addiction is often a reflection of society as well as the individual.

statistic came out yesterday that 1/4 of the homeless in the US are veterans. Don't always be so quick to jump down peoples throats when it comes to drug addiction/homelessness.

P
what do homeless war vets and ben cousins have in common....????.....nothing....imhfo...

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
karnak wrote:Drug use and addiction is often a reflection of society as well as the individual.

P
what do homeless war vets and ben cousins have in common....????.....nothing....imhfo...
Too subtle for ya?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
westy
Club Player

I am not too sure that 'The West' would give all the details because it is felt by some that Cousins is a protected species. If he doesn't want to give up the s*** then there is not too much any well-meaning soul can do to change things. All things said and done, it is still a sad situation!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
battye
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:I am not too sure that 'The West' would give all the details because it is felt by some that Cousins is a protected species. If he doesn't want to give up the s*** then there is not too much any well-meaning soul can do to change things. All things said and done, it is still a sad situation!
Agreed, The West as well as Seven News I expect would go pretty easy on "Cuz".

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
karnak
Club Player

cousings may not be a veteran (would have needed another season or two to get onto the veterans list, hehehe) However; he is homeless since the Eagles kicked him out! So I think it has all the relevance needed.

Armoooo made a generalised statement about drug users, and I was just saying that you can't generalise with this stuff. I'm not a council work or psychologist, however; I try not to judge drug users as I think that just as often it has an awful lot to do wiht their surrounding whehter of there own choice, or forced upon them.

My advice is get out there and actually meet some recovering or recovered addicts and ask them why they took it up etc. I tell you what afterwards you probably wont be so quick to judge.

Rant over.

Over and Out.

StSteven
Club Player

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: "Finally the truth!"

Riewoldting wrote:
n1ck wrote:Ok, if this is the truth, how come it hasnt been on any news websites like reuters, theage.com.au, or anything else?
The Nine Network has a reporter stationed permanently in the United States.
Two actually. Robert Penfold and Leila McKinnon

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's clear now that it's beyond recreational use, and he is an addict of the highest order. I wouldn't wish drug addiction on anyone, and whilst he only has himself to blame, he has a lot of support for getting back on track. He won't be able to sustain his lifestyle based on reputation alone, unless he becomes the male version of Paris Hilton, which is unlikely as he isn't American.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

http://blogs.thewest.com.au/news/news-b ... ic-is-ben/

Sally Says:
November 9th, 2007 at 5:36 pm

I don’t think much of Ben Cousins, he comes across as arrogant and smug but I really hope he beats his addiction.
As a sister of an addict, the worry and pain a family goes through on a daily basis is shocking. Seeing your parents in a constant state of panic over whether their child is alive or dead has a long lasting impact that just never seems to end. In short, it’s a living nightmare. At the centre of it all is often a person completely altered and seemingly unaware of the impact they are having. You sometimes just want to smack them around to try and get through.
I hope that for his family sake he gets it together and sort himself out, away from footy and Perth.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I just feel sorry for him and especially his family now.

He's obviously got issues that he needs to sort out, and the quicker he can get help the better.

It's tough enough for anyone to have to deal with this stuff, but when the media is jumping on every move it is even worse.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.