Saints now up on Jeld wen website

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Juggernaut
Club Player

Saints now up on Jeld wen website

Decent Photos of the jumpers etc

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
fingers
Saintsational Legend

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Great to see.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

is it just me or does the white strip appear to be narrower than it has been in the past?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Much narrower!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Brian Collis
Club Player

Arse some jumpers.

We're looking bewdiful for next year

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I quite like the new look, very modern yet somehow a bit retro!

I hope the club crest is bigger on the fair dinkum guernsey though...it's too small on these apparent mock ups.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Jeld Wen are certainly a multi-national. Look at the global site. They are huge.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Thanks to Google for this info ...

Jeld-Wen is the largest privately-owned company in Oregon, and is controlled by four siblings, Jewel, Evelyn, Lester and Dick, whose father Dick Wendt founded the company in the 1960's.

It has revenues estimated at $3 billion worldwide, and employs approximately 25,000 people, nearly three thousand of whom are Australian.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
JeffDunne

It's always amazed me why people show much interest in a club's sponsor. My interest begins and ends with the financial contribution.

TBH, I'm old school and I see advertising on the jumper and the field as an intrusion. In fact it disgusts me the level to which we've allowed it in Australian sport. We even have a logo on the ball FFS!

Watch 2 hours of sport in Australia and you watch 2 hours of constant advertising. It's a disgrace that the ACMA allow it.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:It's always amazed me why people show much interest in a club's sponsor. My interest begins and ends with the financial contribution.

TBH, I'm old school and I see advertising on the jumper and the field as an intrusion. In fact it disgusts me the level to which we've allowed it in Australian sport. We even have a logo on the ball FFS!

Watch 2 hours of sport in Australia and you watch 2 hours of constant advertising. It's a disgrace that the ACMA allow it.
Well... how would you like for it all to be paid for then???

They walk amongst us...

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:It's always amazed me why people show much interest in a club's sponsor. My interest begins and ends with the financial contribution.

Well, mate,

"Old school" would mean that our footballers would have full time jobs and have football as an interest with very little wage...

Is that what you really want??

All clubs need sponsorship to cover costs, and you really don't expect them to fork out large sums of money without adverts on jumpers.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
JeffDunne

Predictable responses.

Football clubs cost $25m+ to run per year because we've chosen to run them as $25m+ operations.

I have no problem with advertising provided it's not part of the game. That's why I don't care who it is that's sponsoring us - only what it's worth. I feel no loyalty to a sponsor because they are making a business decision to use our football club for exposure. I congratulate them on their taste but it doesn't make me feel like I should automatically become a loyal purchaser. Others obviously feel differently and good luck to those that do.

St Fid, as for your question, no I don't expect footballers to be amateurs. Football generates too much money to not pay the main participants.

My comment on being 'old school' is in relation to preserving the integrity of the sport.

I guess I should count my blessing and be thankful the AFL haven't turned the field into a NBL court. We at least have some restrictions.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

So you see adverts on jumpers as an intrusion but you still want to see their money..

How would that work exactly ??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Unless I'm very much mistaken there are no advertising logo's on NFL or MLB on-field gear??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Unless I'm very much mistaken there are no advertising logo's on NFL or MLB on-field gear??
yeah, but the cheapest seats to go to an NFL game is $256US

JeffDunne

St Fidelius wrote:
saint66au wrote:Unless I'm very much mistaken there are no advertising logo's on NFL or MLB on-field gear??
Nonsense.

Granted it's more expensive but each team only gets 8 home games/year.

You would probably find the TV rights would be worth considerably more with clean stadiums and outfits. It might not offset the total $ income from individual club sponsorships but it would offset some of the difference.

spidoir
Club Player

i dare say the size of the market has a lot to do with that. compare the 20 million australians of which each club can get about 25-30,000 members to the size of the US of 300 million and you have a lot more potential to raise revenue through memberships, merchandise (which has a large global component compared to AFL), tv rights etc... they end up not needing sponsors. sure, the US in turn have greater costs, but it is still not in the same league (boom boom) as australia. Australia being much smaller just doesn't have the scale and leverage of such a market

"The line 'I'm a mad St Kilda supporter' is one of life's great tautologies, because sanity has never been a requisite to follow the fortunes of the red, white and black"
JeffDunne

NFL teams don't have memberships they have season ticket holders. The number of games means seats are a premium, but most stadium income is through corporate boxes rather than attendances. Many buy season tickets simply to have first dibs on a seat and sell the ticket when they're not going. Check out most games on stubhub (official ticket broker) and you'll see the face value of seats isn't that expensive (other than prime seats). For an 8 game package it isn't that expensive for a run of the mill seat (this week's Saints game (http://www.stubhub.com/new-orleans-sain ... _id=380578)

The NFL survive on massive TV rights deals and those broadcasters insist that the stadium be free of advertising. The NFL are control freaks and don't miss an opportunity to make $$$'s (they even regulate that coaches must wear NFL apparel), so if they thought stadium advertising would mean a net gain in revenue I'm sure they'd do it.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Nonsense.

Granted it's more expensive but each team only gets 8 home games/year.

You would probably find the TV rights would be worth considerably more with clean stadiums and outfits. It might not offset the total $ income from individual club sponsorships but it would offset some of the difference.
Yeah I only looked at Green Bay tickets but in any case it is way more expensive than AFL

I for one don't mind the logo if the prices are reasonable...

Here are the NFL prices....

http://www.ticketwood.com/nfl

JeffDunne

Green Bay are the only team owned by the fans.

Packers fans don't give up seats often - they leave them in their will for their kids. They are a different kettle of fish.

I guess there's not a lot to do in Green Bay.

mick13
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:Thanks to Google for this info ...

Jeld-Wen is the largest privately-owned company in Oregon, and is controlled by four siblings, Jewel, Evelyn, Lester and Dick, whose father Dick Wendt founded the company in the 1960's.

It has revenues estimated at $3 billion worldwide, and employs approximately 25,000 people, nearly three thousand of whom are Australian.
Brilliant!

*Note the bolded letters, its kinda hard to see.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

any relation to Jana?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

mick13 wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Thanks to Google for this info ...

Brilliant!

*Note the bolded letters, its kinda hard to see.
Well spotted mick!

Hadnt notice that myself..