team fitness- new spark - H-S

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

team fitness- new spark - H-S

In Misson's assessment, Nick Riewoldt is an amazing athlete who has to be held back from training too hard; Robert Harvey, 36, is training "like a spring chicken", and Justin Koschitzke is putting together a consistent fitness block.

"(Justin) just needed a bit of a base. In a car analogy, he was going from first to fourth gear too quickly. He went from a bit of training to playing games too quickly," Misson said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/st ... 32,00.html
Last edited by saintbrat on Sun 23 Dec 2007 8:25am, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Brian Collis
Club Player

Thanks for that sweety

Huzzad
Club Player

Thanks for the article. That was a really good read. Lots of positives coming out of the Pre-Season so far and looks like Misson really knows what he is doing. If that can be translated to on-field success, we will be a force.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

im much happier seeing a consistant kosi then an inconsistant one thats for sure

he has the ability to pull out amazing marks floating around the ground and his long kicking makes him more of an assest

please oh pelase get him fit

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Huzzad
Club Player

Let's hope he also fixes up Gardi. Both Gardi and Kosi fit would be a dream come true.

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
aussiejones
Club Player

Interesting Saints are prevented from using the REASON Software ....

From their web site

I have worked with Reason Systems for the past 2 years, and their approach to optimal sports performance has convinced me that the collection, processing and intelligent analysis of relevant injury and performance data can be the key in allowing your program to move from being primarily reactive to strategically pro-active."

"Reason Systems have proven to me over the past 2 years that the intelligent processing and analysis of relevant workload data can enable your program to predict potential injury and guarantee optimal performance."

"Intelligent data analysis, achieved through the use of specific neural network technology is the new frontier of consistent high performance in elite sport. This technology will take the guesswork out of preventable injuries, while devising a roadmap for optimal performance through the development of individual programming."

David Misson
Sydney Swans
Elite Performance Manager

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Good news, A fit and firing Kosi makes us look so much better...
If he can get some fitness to establish some form off of, watch out he will remind us how good he really can be....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Huzzad
Club Player

I am pretty sure there would be a rival software program to Reason. The Saints are probably already using that anyway.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Huzzad wrote:I am pretty sure there would be a rival software program to Reason. The Saints are probably already using that anyway.
I'd love to think so, but Misson did sya in the interview that the Saints weren't up to using that type of software. He semed to say that he's laying a foundation of basics that have been missing due to the turnover of fitness personel over the past few years.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi in the Right gear- team fitness

saintbrat wrote:In Misson's assessment, Nick Riewoldt is an amazing athlete who has to be held back from training too hard; Robert Harvey, 36, is training "like a spring chicken", and Justin Koschitzke is putting together a consistent fitness block.

"(Justin) just needed a bit of a base. In a car analogy, he was going from first to fourth gear too quickly. He went from a bit of training to playing games too quickly," Misson said.

Why do they always BAG my profession with their analogies :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: !!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Interesting re the software...just how far ahead of us have clubs like Sydney been?? ...hmmmm....

I also thought it was quite interesting to read Misson say he felt our lists talent was equal if not better than Sydneys...thats a fair call from a club thats won the ultimate recently........

please just keep em on the park - i just want 1 shot with a near full strength, gelled team for a season aka Girlong lasy yr.

“Yeah….nah””
Huzzad
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Interesting re the software...just how far ahead of us have clubs like Sydney been?? ...hmmmm....
Well until recently, we were spending very little on our Football Department, so it is no shock that we are so far behind. I think considering that, it is not surprising how bad our soft tissue injuries have been. But also saying that, we have been fairly compedititve despite having a 2nd rate football department. Now imagine what we can do with all guns blazing?
I also thought it was quite interesting to read Misson say he felt our lists talent was equal if not better than Sydneys...thats a fair call from a club thats won the ultimate recently........
I found that interesting too. Nice call, and I agree. Sydney's list is not that impressive compared to ours yet they have had the success I quite franky think WE deserve, given our talent.
please just keep em on the park - i just want 1 shot with a near full strength, gelled team for a season aka Girlong lasy yr.
Amen to that

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

another fitness article
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html

Saints' training has new spark
23 December 2007 Sunday Herald Sun
Jackie Epstein

ST Kilda is likely to be in its best injury position for years when the pre-season matches kick off next year.

Defender Matt Maguire is expected to be fit for Round 1 after a stress fracture in his foot while Michael Gardiner, Robert Harvey and Fraser Gehrig are training well.

"The boot has just come off and Matt's walking around," football manager Matthew Drain said.

"He'll probably start running when we get back from the Christmas break but, certainly for the start of the season, he'll be ready to go.

"Fraser has gone overseas for a trip already planned and I've been really impressed with Gardiner. He's very, very realistic and he's got to get back on the park and play some games. But he's going well."

The Saints have earned a reputation as the AFL's most injury-prone side in recent years, but hope the recruitment of fitness boss David Misson will turn their fortunes around.

Misson has spent the past seven years working with Sydney, the club considered the benchmark for durability in the AFL.

Midfielder Nick Dal Santo, who is flying on the track, said a solid fitness base would give the players a rare but valuable head start.

"We needed to change a few things and I think that was driven by the players," Dal Santo said.

"We have taken some actions during the off-season break to come back in good shape.

"And also the way we have trained over the past several weeks of pre-season to get ourselves in as good a shape as we can be."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Huzzad
Club Player

Goose ready for Round 1? That is good!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Re: team fitness- new spark - H-S

saintbrat wrote:In Misson's assessment, Nick Riewoldt is an amazing athlete who has to be held back from training too hard; Robert Harvey, 36, is training "like a spring chicken", and Justin Koschitzke is putting together a consistent fitness block.

this sounds great.

now we know know why Kosi is only just running!

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:another fitness article

Jackie Epstein

ST Kilda is likely to be in its best injury position for years when the pre-season matches kick off next year.

Defender Matt Maguire is expected to be fit for Round 1 after a stress fracture in his foot while Michael Gardiner, Robert Harvey and Fraser Gehrig are training well.

"The boot has just come off and Matt's walking around," football manager Matthew Drain said.

"He'll probably start running when we get back from the Christmas break but, certainly for the start of the season, he'll be ready to go.

"Fraser has gone overseas for a trip already planned and I've been really impressed with Gardiner. He's very, very realistic and he's got to get back on the park and play some games. But he's going well."

The Saints have earned a reputation as the AFL's most injury-prone side in recent years, but hope the recruitment of fitness boss David Misson will turn their fortunes around.

Misson has spent the past seven years working with Sydney, the club considered the benchmark for durability in the AFL.

Midfielder Nick Dal Santo, who is flying on the track, said a solid fitness base would give the players a rare but valuable head start.

"We needed to change a few things and I think that was driven by the players," Dal Santo said.

"We have taken some actions during the off-season break to come back in good shape.

"And also the way we have trained over the past several weeks of pre-season to get ourselves in as good a shape as we can be."
I don't understand thisbit.

would someone please explain to me, why would not the players take action last year or the year before did the reaslisation dawn on the players that only in 2007 that they were not fit enough? is it just talk?

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Teflon wrote: please just keep em on the park - i just want 1 shot with a near full strength, gelled team for a season aka Girlong lasy yr.

I'm with you, was envious of the near perfect season the handbaggers had, minimal injuries meant minimal disruption to the week to week team. If we could somehow manage a similar change of fortune, I would be confident we would be there in the last two weeks in September.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
saintbrat wrote:another fitness article

Jackie Epstein

I don't understand thisbit.

would someone please explain to me, why would not the players take action last year or the year before did the reaslisation dawn on the players that only in 2007 that they were not fit enough? is it just talk?
i think they felt they were fit enought to do the job with the list we had but after seeing the rest of the comp over run us theres the realisation or fittness was not up to scratch

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/