Club Theme Song.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Club Theme Song.

In adjusting to the modern era, the theme song should be updated - only the words that is and extend it to three verses - here's my version:

Verse 1 Oh when the Saints,
Go marching in,
Oh when the Saints go marching in,
Oh how I want to be with St.Kilda,
As the Saints go marching in.

Verse 2 We are the Saints,
All mighty Saints,
As the Saints go out to win,
We are champions all at St.Kilda,

Verse 3 So go the Saints,
The mighty Saints,
Show the world how great we are,
For we will win for you at St. Kilda,

No change to the tune you'll note, - give the boys more to sing for at the end of each (winning) game.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

The song had an extra verse added about 3-4 years ago, and it was hugely unpopular.

I like it as it is, to be honest, its simple and effective.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

good effort but i prefere leaving it

i always thought our song along with richmonds was probably one of the best in the league and i know lots of opposition supporters also think ours is terrific

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

I don't beleive it comes over to well at the dome, there is not enough to it. Not a patch on the Dees, which I think goes close to the best of them all.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:I don't beleive it comes over to well at the dome, there is not enough to it. Not a patch on the Dees, which I think goes close to the best of them all.
the difference is that they replay our song untill every last person has eventually dragged themselves out of the stadium

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

The main problem with our song is that it has only 14 words in it (and quite a bit of repetition).

There have been various attempts over the years to add verses, but none of them have stuck.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think our song will do as it is, it's not great but it's not bad...
I would have to say my two favourite would be Richmond's and Port's....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
PLUGGER14
Club Player

Armoooo wrote:I think our song will do as it is, it's not great but it's not bad...
I agree with Richmond's but Port's :shock: :shock: I know Power supporters who can't even stand it!

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

PLUGGER14 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:I think our song will do as it is, it's not great but it's not bad...
I agree with Richmond's but Port's :shock: :shock: I know Power supporters who can't even stand it!
Ahah really?, I reckon it is great, I also don't mind the blues song, although I don't like it being played all that often...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
PLUGGER14 wrote:
Ahah really?, I reckon it is great, I also don't mind the blues song, although I don't like it being played all that often...
The Carlton song is a slow, boring dirge of a song. More appropriate for a funeral than a footy game, IMHO.

I used to like Norths song, theres a first verse that should be included - Hearts to hearts and hands to hands, etc.

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Our song is the worst of them all only because there is not enough in it and it means nothing, it's not football related.

Thats why i'm saying leave the first verse as is and then have a football flavour for verses two and three - put some meat into it :roll: :roll: :roll:

Saints94
SS Life Member

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Our song is the worst of them all only because there is not enough in it and it means nothing, it's not football related.

Thats why i'm saying leave the first verse as is and then have a football flavour for verses two and three - put some meat into it :roll: :roll: :roll:
It does mean something "O wen the saints go marching" in to win

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Go Sretnias Go wrote:Our song is the worst of them all only because there is not enough in it and it means nothing, it's not football related.

yeah! maybe we can get the same guys who did the Port and Freo songs to redo ours! cos theirs are awesome!

:roll:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Very few songs mention football specifically, they are euphamism filled dittys with words written to fill blanks in existing war songs, hymns and (in one case) old sea shanties.

Most people like the songg as it is, thats why previous attempts to revise it have fallen on thier faces.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The ONLY change that th majority of fans would accept is working the old "Seaside" lyrics into the song

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

In the interests of offering a realistic option, here's an alternative version to be sung to the tune of Buster Poindexter's "Hot Hot Hot". I feel this would gel with Rod Butterss' vision to make the Dome THE place to see football as entertainment, fitting in with our long term strategic plan.

I'm particularly wedded to the " rum-bum-bum-bum" bit. It would make the clappers in the 45-70 demographic on level 2 go off IMHO.

Feel free to workshop some of the lyrics though. You can also post one to the tune of macarena (finishing off with "eeehh, go the sainters") if you wish.

I owe the Australian taxpayers for the last 15 minutes so I'm going to get back to work and let that one through to the keeper.

---
Me team on fire -- Me saints on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot
Footy people -- All around me feeling hot hot hot
What to do - In a game like this
Players sweet - I can't resist
We need a sainter song - A fundamental jam

So we go rum-bum-bum-bum
Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum
Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - oh Saints

(me la la la lum bum bum)

See sainters rocking -- Hear sainters chanting -- Feeling hot hot hot
Keep up this spirit -- Come on let's do it -- Feeling hot hot hot
It's in the air - Celebration time
Footy’s sweet - captivate your mind
We have this sainter song - This fundamental jam

So we go rum-bum-bum-bum
Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum
Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - Oh Saints

---

i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

i think leave our song the way it is, its perfect because its simple, catchy and easy to learn for newcomers!

Go saints in '09!
milney044
Club Player

leave as is. plus if we change it too much there might be no room for milneys "oh when the saints" "go marchin in" bits and the song just wouldnt be the same without that :wink:

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

we have the power to win...power for port (or something it sounds so kareoke-ish come 80's)

god its terrible

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

I reckon leave as it is as well,,it just simbolizes st.kilda as well,maybe cuz thats because we`re all used to it but some other ideas mentioned dont really capture that whole st.kilda thing.

Perhaps an unofficial one for the fans at the ground but when "The saints go marchin in" should remain as definite official club song!

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
midas_touch
Club Player

Our song isnt the best nor is it the worst, but I'd rather keep it as it is. For me, the best songs would be Richmond, Essendon and Brisbane, the worst would definitely be Freo's, followed closely by the Eagles.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:The main problem with our song is that it has only 14 words in it (and quite a bit of repetition).
Hasnt hurt Kylie Minogues career...."cant get her outta my head".... :roll: (song about 3rd world poverty little realise.... :shock: :roll: )

“Yeah….nah””
my les foote
Club Player

If you think the song is too short, sing it again and again and again.

Works for me.

Win it for HIM!
iceman
Club Player

I often think about this and I feel the best way to add to it is the first verse of a saints song I used to have many years ago.

Some of you may know it, but I had it on Cassette, It was some kind of commemorative tape, maybe the 40th anniversary of the '66 Flag or something to that tune, anyway it went;

We're Saints, we're proud
And we've got alot of Fight
We're on the move
Can you feel our might
We Hit them nice and hard
Make them drop their guard
And we're Loyal to our mates
'cause we're the Saints

Oh When the Saints
Go Marching in
Oh When the Saints.......etc. etc.

Any way, I think it had 3 versus, But I feel the first, that i've written, followed by the chorus would sound pretty good, be just about right in terms of length, and still have the catchy jist.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

..was a revamp of the song in the late 80's when there was some talk of us becoming the Southern Saints....and a pretty dreadful one at that imho

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor