Robert Eddy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

Robert Eddy

It is obvious this guy is a superb athlete - the aerobic benchmark for our mids... From all reports, training wise, his skills and know-how are pretty good... From memory, he featured consistently in the Scorps' best in the 2nd half of last year.

Why is he still on the Rookie list?

Why is Jones there above him?

Will he crack the main list -- and how?

Should he be there already?

And where would you play him?

Interested.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Robert Eddy

Quixote wrote:It is obvious this guy is a superb athlete - the aerobic benchmark for our mids... From all reports, training wise, his skills and know-how are pretty good... From memory, he featured consistently in the Scorps' best in the 2nd half of last year.
See burkey's inside football article on the "November champion".
http://insidefootballonline.com/burke.html
Beats me, I would have prefer he to be elevated and us get one less (Eljay) in the ND.
That was a make-or-break situation, as mature age rookies can only be rookie listed for one year. It was promote or delist.
Long term injury to any midfielder or running half-back (Gram, Raph, Ferg, Geary, Howard), and he'll be in.
He has definitely shown promise, in a fitness as well as football capacity. Is a (and i hate to use this term) ball magnet, super quick, has endurance, and is improving his disposal.
Midfield (including wing) or a running HBF.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

If he's any good he'll be elevated quickly. The coaching staff are not umbeciles

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Ideally he won't get elevated until after the season, we would have to have a long term injury for a rookie elevation, and i'm sure none of us want that.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:

Jones was a mature aged rookie and after 1 year had to either be promoted or delisted.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

I still have question marks over Eddy's disposal and decision-making. Generally it isn't too bad, but in a high pressure situation I'm not sure if I'd want the ball in his hands.

He certainly knows how to rack up possessions and can run all day. And while his disposal is iffy, it isn't anywhere near as bad as Jones'. Hopefully with another season of elite coaching he'll learn a few things, sharpen up his skills and then earn an elevation onto the senior list for 2009.

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

IMHO was BOG in the first half of the intra-club match last year as a rebound HBF ... dominated first quarter and solid second quarter ...

Will make it.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:It is obvious this guy is a superb athlete - the aerobic benchmark for our mids... From all reports, training wise, his skills and know-how are pretty good... From memory, he featured consistently in the Scorps' best in the 2nd half of last year.

Coaching & recruiting staff must have felt there wasn't a need just yet. May be thinking another year of development

probably the mature age rookie thing mentioned above

Yes, if the coaches and recruiting staff deem that he is deserving. How? Either replacing a long term injured player (hope NOT) or elevated at the end of 2008

Really need to answer this question with a question. Is he in our BEST 22?

In U18's he was a tough HBF/Midfielder. Training reports suggest that he has a MASSIVE tank, so probably midfield

Interested.
!!

Quixote
SS Life Member

Eastern wrote:

Coaching & recruiting staff must have felt there wasn't a need just yet. May be thinking another year of development

probably the mature age rookie thing mentioned above

Yes, if the coaches and recruiting staff deem that he is deserving. How? Either replacing a long term injured player (hope NOT) or elevated at the end of 2008

Really need to answer this question with a question. Is he in our BEST 22?

In U18's he was a tough HBF/Midfielder. Training reports suggest that he has a MASSIVE tank, so probably midfield

Interested.
!!

Essentially what I am asking. Thanks guys for input.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Not currently in our best 22, but there may come a time this year with injuries and development that he is.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

Otiman's Signature wrote:When all is said and done, Robert Eddy will have a better career than David Armitage.
Your signature may well end up true Otiman.

I hope not though.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I hope not also, it means Armitage will have underperformed. Eddy will be something, make no mistake of that.

At the moment, the term "Exciting young prospect" is about where he is at though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:I hope not also, it means Armitage will have underperformed. Eddy will be something, make no mistake of that.

At the moment, the term "Exciting young prospect" is about where he is at though.
We do overate our players dont we. He is a rookie for the decond yesr. If he was so good he would have been promoted. May make it but at best will be a GOP. Armo is and will be a much better player by far.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We do overate our players dont we. He is a rookie for the decond yesr. If he was so good he would have been promoted. May make it but at best will be a GOP. Armo is and will be a much better player by far.
Oh, what did you think of Montagna as a youngster?

savatage
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Otiman wrote:I hope not also, it means Armitage will have underperformed. Eddy will be something, make no mistake of that.

He is a rookie for the decond yesr. .
He's making great progress for a rookie, even considering he's decond yesr!!! Seriously Plugger, who do you actually barrack for? You're negativity is really over the top. It's OK to smile at times.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We do overate our players dont we. He is a rookie for the decond yesr. If he was so good he would have been promoted. May make it but at best will be a GOP. Armo is and will be a much better player by far.
Oh, what did you think of Montagna as a youngster?
Maybe i am missing something but joey was playing some games in the seniors in his second year. Unless we get an injury Eddy will not.

Answering your question I thought Joey was ok but nothing special but that was a small young player in AFL footy not VFL footy.