Where did the suggestion that Riewoldt had done an ACL come?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

Where did the suggestion that Riewoldt had done an ACL come?

It was interesting to read Ross Lyon's statement, "I can tell you bona fide there is no ACL injury [to Riewoldt]." I am glad that Lyon wants to put this to bed, but this story seems to have its origins from within the club.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I hadn't heard it at all, journo's fishing again probably.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It cam from an article that stated Riewoldt is a fan of AC Milan. Clearly been taken out of context.

“Yeah….nah””
Batnoe

Teflon wrote:It cam from an article that stated Riewoldt is a fan of AC Milan. Clearly been taken out of context.

hahahahahaha

good call

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

The AC connection was not part of this picture.
There was genuine concern that he had done his knee. Lyon had heard it even though it had not been reported! That in itself was, and is interesting. I sincerely hope Lyon is giving us the truth, and that this is not hamillgate revisted
Last edited by DownAtTheJunction on Sat 16 Feb 2008 11:52pm, edited 1 time in total.

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

DownAtTheJunction wrote:The AC connection was not part of this picture There was genuine concern that he had done his knee. Lyon had heard it even though it had not been reported! That in itself was interesting
Maybe roo was having breakfast with Grant Thomas said gee my knees playing up and GT went straight to the media with it?

Yeah probably not

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Batnoe

sounds like the backstabbing GT would do

maybe not

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

DownAtTheJunction wrote:The AC connection was not part of this picture.
There was genuine concern that he had done his knee. Lyon had heard it even though it had not been reported! That in itself was, and is interesting. I sincerely hope Lyon is giving us the truth, and that this is not hamillgate revisted
Just the same, he hasn't been out on the park of recent times. And if/when he does, that would be the end to any speculation and mystery.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Apparently he was shown on TV during the game sitting down with his legs folded under him and talking to Goose.

Can't have done his ACL ....

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Batnoe

Oh When the Saints wrote:Apparently he was shown on TV during the game sitting down with his legs folded under him and talking to Goose.

He's not gay is he?

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Batnoe wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Apparently he was shown on TV during the game sitting down with his legs folded under him and talking to Goose.

He's not gay is he?
No but his boyfriend is bwahahaha oh god that was lame what am i doing

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Steph Macintosh a tranny???

Batnoe

hahahaha

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:

He's not gay is he?
God, I hope not!

The one player in our squad that epitomises the phrase "excllent player, but................".

Though it would go someway to explain his attitude! :wink: :lol:

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Sitting on a chair properly with his knees bent.

Not legs folded under in the way only women can do ... :roll:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saint-stu
Club Player

The AC connection was not part of this picture.
A journalist asked the question in this audio. It sounds to me like Lyon was not aware of the rumour.
http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio ... r-ric-1939

Saints_45
Club Player

As tongue in cheek everyone is being, I do believe GT may have made some cryptic comments before the game on SEN. I was at the game so didn't hear them but went along the lines of "His knee is worse than what is being let on" from there some more comments from someone has led to this as it was mentioned he could possibly be put on the Long Term Injury List as he was not expected back until after the break. As I said didn't hear it personally but was relayed back to me as that.

Don't think it's true but as reported as knee tendonitis from a corky must be very painful but surely not a long term injury.

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

The story of Riewoldt's injury is not disappearing. In fact it continues to be mysterious. Today there was an inference on radio (AW) that he may not be available for some time after the season proper had begun. Yes he may have tendonitis, as Ross Lyon says but the rumours persist.
On Friday some sources (who shun publicity on this issue) said there was good information that Riewoldt had done an ACL. But they were unable to have it confirmed, either way!
All supporters can do is maintain faith, and hope that information is truthful, and not misleading (in fear that memberships might suffer if adverse information is disclosed).

Batnoe

DownAtTheJunction wrote:The story of Riewoldt's injury is not disappearing. In fact it continues to be mysterious. Today there was an inference on radio (AW) that he may not be available for some time after the season proper had begun. Yes he may have tendonitis, as Ross Lyon says but the rumours persist.
On Friday some sources (who shun publicity on this issue) said there was good information that Riewoldt had done an ACL. But they were unable to have it confirmed, either way!
All supporters can do is maintain faith, and hope that information is truthful, and not misleading (in fear that memberships might suffer if adverse information is disclosed).

4 posts, all this thread

you have got to be dreaming

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

DownAtTheJunction wrote:The story of Riewoldt's injury is not disappearing. In fact it continues to be mysterious. Today there was an inference on radio (AW) that he may not be available for some time after the season proper had begun. Yes he may have tendonitis, as Ross Lyon says but the rumours persist.
Was he at the praccy match? was he at the NAB cup game? What about training

Was he on crutches on any of those?

ACL is a serious knee and he would have to be on crutches for several weeks if he had done this, yet noone has said they have seen him on crutches. you can't hide a ACL on a player like Roo and why would you anyway?

BTW he's missed one game, one game FFS people are being very very paranoid and jumping to some big conclusions.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if he did his acl then he would get it done straight away in hope of a late season return

plain and simple

who cares if he is kept in cotton wool...he is just that damn good

imagine the crap associated with someone like carey during the pre-season cups....

its exactly the same

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

Matthew Drain rang 3AW tonight to say that rooey trained yesterday and will again tomorrow. Slight chance he will play Saturday but more likely next week, especially if we win.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

If you think about it is possible the origonal poster of this thread started the rumour/suggestion. Which could've been his intention all along.

DownAtTheJunction
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:If you think about it is possible the origonal poster of this thread started the rumour/suggestion. Which could've been his intention all along.
Thanks for the welcome to saintsational, ausfatcat. I am a first time poster, who carefully read the etiquette required of members. I have tried to be balanced in my arguments, presenting the facts as I know them.
I would prefer that you respected other points of view, and not cast suspicion without basis. After 2843 posts you should be setting a good standard for others.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

What IS that smell.....????