What I Love about Saintsational....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

What I Love about Saintsational....

Insert positives here....There should be lots considering the amount of time most of us spend on here...

-The quality of opinions/comments/thoughts of 'most' posters on this site.

-The moderation is very good!

-The design of the site is extremely easy to read now, since I discovered I could piss off that pathetic black background with white writing after a year of straining my eyes.

The freeness....Not sure about these day but only bigfooty members were allowed to have avatars at one stage.

-The Saintsational Football Matches....Absolutely love them, wish they could be played thright through the season. Good stuff Barks, HD, Dools!!!!

-The training reports...Also, the AGM report...Fantastic stuff to those who provide quality feedback time and time again.

-SaintBrat - First in with any St Kilda news every time. Be it big or little. You are a legend.

....Heaps more but I'll leave some to the rest of you.....

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

How about the fact that we are all Saints fans!

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Are you sure. Sometimes you wouldnt know.

JeffDunne

I like the colours.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

What I Love about SAINTSATIONAL !!

The Mexican standoff every time I meet up with Roger. He refuses to pay for the beer. I refuse to pay for the beer. Someone usually comes along and buys the beer. Everbody is happy :lol: 8-) :wink: !!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is a great source of info on the Saints...you will normally hear Saints news first.

Is a great place to read others opinions of all aspects of the Saints. through their eyes I constantly gain a fresh perspective.....or gain insights that I had not thought of.

It is a great place to ask a question.....and normally get an answer from someone quite quickly.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Posting from an AFL outpost and missing the chance to regularly chat BS with footy fans.

The sense of community that comes from reading the thoughts of and engaging with equally obsessed supporters.

The insights into the workings of the club and the game from people with a passion for the game and the club.

As mentioned above, the chance to consider a range of opinions and perspectives.

And most importantly, the chance to discuss the merits of ex-coaches, past administrators and debate the importance of our third string ruckman.

esaint66
SS Life Member

dcstkfc wrote:How about the fact that we are all Saints fans!

i think your forgetting about the carlton trolls.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I like the characters.

SS (and all footy forums for that matter), are like sit coms.

There are characters. Some mak you laugh. Others make you angry. Others make you shake your head in disbelief.

The common thread, is that they all make you read.

You don't get fact on here (rarely). You get entertainment. People often forget that.

I don't want to meet posters. That's not what a footy forum is about to me. I like the 'character' element of SS. I love reading the nonsense, humour, angst, emotion and everything else tha ebs and flows throughout the course of a year. I like to offer opinion, I like to stir the pot, I like to read 'inside info' and I like to give it when I get it (well, used to).

I love the clashes, the 'posses', the fallouts, the make ups, the rants and everything else.

It's not real. It's fun.

Long live SS!!!

Quixote
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:I like the characters.

There are characters. Some mak you laugh. Others make you angry. Others make you shake your head in disbelief.

You don't get fact on here (rarely). You get entertainment. People often forget that.

I don't want to meet posters. That's not what a footy forum is about to me. I like the 'character' element of SS. I love reading the nonsense, humour, angst, emotion and everything else tha ebs and flows throughout the course of a year. I like to offer opinion, I like to stir the pot, I like to read 'inside info' and I like to give it when I get it (well, used to).

I love the clashes, the 'posses', the fallouts, the make ups, the rants and everything else.

It's not real. It's fun.

Long live SS!!!

Spot on Roger.

We all come here for the news, we all completely appreciate everyone's input, we all add opinions and debate and such - but it is the characters the give the place its pulse.

:idea:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

training reports and match reports when i'm at work... bless u guys

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

1 - Posters who offer more than just insight, knowledge or well articulated opinions. Posters who offer us a better way and better ideas to do things and posters who bleed red, white and black and try any which way they can to help out the club. You know who you are.

2 - The derogatory names - or at elast filth and bummers. I also love the ones opposition fans come up with for us, like aints, St. Blunda and so on.

3 - The swearing filter. it means I can type you f****** stupid f***wit farmer, its your fault baker's rubbed out for five f****** weeks and no ten year olds will read that and start quoting it to their parents. I'd pay good money for one of these in real life!

4 - The fact that two euthamisms used on this forum (and I've seen them transferred to other fora too, in particular Bigfooty) were invented by me - Fruit and bananas.

5 - The fact that we all love the saints. Share the love!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It's not real. It's fun.

Long live SS!!!
I like the post. Possibly your best.

SS is all about the "characters" - I too am not into meeting other posters - yeah Ive walked past and seen the clan at the games with the signs up etc but for me it isnt about that and in some cases I have pre-determined views on what many of you look like and dont want that shattered.......(have to elaborate another time). For example, I am in no doubt Barks is a voluptuous blonde and that Raven is a 7 ft 350 kg male gorilla (can tell by the avatar).

I hope this site never loses its ability to laugh at itself - there is truly some funny people on here.

“Yeah….nah””
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:

It's not real. It's fun.

Long live SS!!!
I like the post. Possibly your best.

SS is all about the "characters" - I too am not into meeting other posters - yeah Ive walked past and seen the clan at the games with the signs up etc but for me it isnt about that and in some cases I have pre-determined views on what many of you look like and dont want that shattered.......(have to elaborate another time). For example, I am in no doubt Barks is a voluptuous blonde and that Raven is a 7 ft 350 kg male gorilla (can tell by the avatar).

I hope this site never loses its ability to laugh at itself - there is truly some funny people on here.
And for some reason teflon, I see a Frying pan when I read your posts. The characters are what make this site so great.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

cheers Oneyed - "out of the fryin pan into the..." :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

I like coming on here knowing im not the only one suffering after a loss.

Hopefully that wont be too much a factor this year :)

Before Im 85
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

The opinions offered on here are interesting.

I get to chat to Saints supporters all the time about Saints issues. People stick up for you sometimes, and it makes you feel your opinion is shared, and therefore valued.

And there are the invaluable training reports and info about players I don't know yet.

I love it here most of the time.

GrumpyOne

Teflon wrote: For example, I am in no doubt Barks is a voluptuous blonde and that Raven is a 7 ft 350 kg male gorilla (can tell by the avatar).
I, of course, am the Brad Pitt lookalike, only younger and sexier. 8-)

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I certainly am the spitting image of my avatar, those who know me will attest to that.

Tall and impossiobly skinny, I'm constantly being told I'm as poorly proportioned as Barbie and her friends. :lol:

GrumpyOne

riccardo wrote:I certainly am the spitting image of my avatar, those who know me will attest to that.

Tall and impossiobly skinny, I'm constantly being told I'm as poorly proportioned as Barbie and her friends. :lol:
But you do have Ken's mound :wink:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:1 - Posters who offer more than just insight, knowledge or well articulated opinions. Posters who offer us a better way and better ideas to do things and posters who bleed red, white and black and try any which way they can to help out the club. You know who you are.
Thanks, OES77, your kind words are humbly appreciated :wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
GrumpyOne

barks4eva wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:1 - Posters who offer more than just insight, knowledge or well articulated opinions. Posters who offer us a better way and better ideas to do things and posters who bleed red, white and black and try any which way they can to help out the club. You know who you are.
Thanks for your input, barks4ego. :wink:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

barks4eva wrote:
lol, no problem barks. :lol: :wink:

Raven
Club Player

Teflon wrote: I am in no doubt Barks is a voluptuous blonde and that Raven is a 7 ft 350 kg male gorilla (can tell by the avatar).
Hahahaha, well I'm nearly that tall and I do work out a fair bit so I'm a bit of a gorilla, but I'm not quite that weighty, thankfully!

Seriously though, the best thing about this place is I get to read the thoughts and opinions of other Sainters, and sometimes join in the discussion. I get to share the joys, the emotions, the outrage, etc rather than going through it all alone. *wipes away a tear*

This is great for me because I don't know a single Saints supporter in real life! None, zip, nada. Unless you count my Dad, which I don't really, because he's family and I've talked to him all my life.
Last edited by Raven on Mon 10 Mar 2008 1:36pm, edited 1 time in total.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's a great place to vent about players, strategies, opposition teams, and get ones thoughts in order, to be either backed up or challenged by fellow posters.