Reality check for Carlton.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Reality check for Carlton.

Came crashing back down to earth tonight.

I don't think Ratten is up to it. They need someone who's not afraid to make the tough decisions - Fev should've been dropped.

Honeymoon well and truly over for Team Judd and you've got to laugh, they are still s***. :lol:
Last edited by Beej on Thu 20 Mar 2008 8:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Of the two teams though the blues have the more potential, lots of good youngsters, but loosing becomes a habit and Mr Judd cant do it all.

Before Im 85
Beej
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:Of the two teams though the blues have the more potential, lots of good youngsters, but loosing becomes a habit and Mr Judd cant do it all.
Judd is not the player he once was and I doubt he will ever regain that form. Definitely will not regain that pace and without that he ain't half the player. Add to that, the poor bloke has the weight of the world on his shoulders. He's captain and he's expected to singlehandedly turn them around quickly and that is just not going to happen.

If they finish out of the bottom four Ratten deserves a medal imo.

Potential is a dangerous word.

Gibbs has got to be the worst number one draft picks ever.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

it made my night

i'm still laughing

i think i'll be laughing all week

:lol: :lol: :lol:

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

They are too small, no height or size in the back-line and only one focal point up forward. Very good mid-field (Murphy is a gun!!!) but no rucks.

Their million dollar man is very under done, I would have thought he should have been on the field when the match started to slip at the 9 min mark of last quarter but he was getting a massage. All he needed was Pratt to be feeding him grapes!

Nick Stevens is creative and uses the ball well but I've seen better tacklers in netball.

As for Hartless, his season's over, the low dog!

First time I've enjoyed a Richmond win. I hope we smash them next week, let's trot out BJ and listen to some more of their sooking.

hilairehinshelwood
Club Player

Bryce Gibbs still rubbish, hardly worth tanking for in 2006. Glad channel 10 zoomed in on the Tankers are W****rs banner in the crowd. Sums up Carlton succinctly.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

saintsrus wrote:Of the two teams though the blues have the more potential, lots of good youngsters, but loosing becomes a habit and Mr Judd cant do it all.
The blues have more hyped up players eg. Judd, Steven, Murphy, Fevola, Gibbs, Waite. But the Tiggers have their fair share of honest kids eg. King, Foley, Jackson, Thursfield, Polo, Pattison, Connors. Added to the few high profiles players they have they aren't to far far away from Carlscum despite all the benefits the Blues have had from years of Tanking.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Reality check for Carlton.

OLB wrote:.

I don't think Ratten is up to it.
How can you say this? He has a 100% record :D :D :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
jill
Club Player

:lol: Great game :roll: - will be part of bottom 4! But don't get smug Sainters! - highlight for me ( as a Saints supporter who was vocal & out front when we were always down - unlike many who are suddenly climbing on board for "the ride of their lives!) JUST like us when we started This Climb. Hope we reap the reward 2008 or 9!!

midas_touch
Club Player

Carlton's first half was somewhat decent, but they were very ordinary for the rest of the game. You can have an awesome midfield, but it really means nothing if your relying on one player to kick your goals.
Last edited by midas_touch on Thu 20 Mar 2008 9:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Not even Judd will help the crap they served up tonight.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

i cant believe they actually lost....
worse still i cant believe i picked them :?

F_Q_F
Club Player

There would have to have been better options for Carlton than Ratten. Did they look at other coaches?

To me the guy doesn't have the ability to think quickly and change things up, maybe its just the personal he has at his disposal. They just seem a very one dimensional team.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

maybe their tanking and saving the energy and the run for the second half of the year :lol:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Not even Judd will help the crap they served up tonight.
matrixcutter wrote:i cant believe they actually lost....
Judd is not a team and no I didn't pick them winning ......

They just don't seem to learn IMO

Judd maybe (I believe a good choice in captaincy) but there seems to be no message in team play and on ground so called leaders on field IMO...

Fev should have been dropped for at least 1 or maybe 2 IMO

To me it shows another poor decision on the board that has had it wrong with this current one and the past ones...

I don't put crap on other sides but surely they have to learn on this...

They lose the 4 points and Fev gets off....

A bad mistake on their part IMO....

Someone there has to take control and have BALLS :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Launcestonsaint
SS Life Member
Location: Watching our games on tele or listening to the radio :(

matrixcutter wrote:i cant believe they actually lost....
I picked them to win as well. The first time I've picked them in 4 years. I think I Judd made a mistake. :oops: :oops:

St Kilda's 2 premiership captains are Tassie born. The Doc & Roo.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

crikey, well either they are tanking for picks again in 08 or they didn't tank in 07, they just schitt...

still its only round 1... but fair dinkum got it wrong there so far ><

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

OLB wrote:Gibbs has got to be the worst number one draft picks ever.
Unfair call I think. A lot of people put this label on BJ. He has just started his second season, give him a break.

Carpe Diem
Solar
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:
OLB wrote:Gibbs has got to be the worst number one draft picks ever.
Unfair call I think. A lot of people put this label on BJ. He has just started his second season, give him a break.
big difference is gibbs is an outside player who squibs.... pathetic...

did we really expect anything else, I loved it when players like foley burnt off judd.... judd looked half the player he was a couple of years ago.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Re: Reality check for Carlton.

joffaboy wrote:
OLB wrote:.

I don't think Ratten is up to it.
How can you say this? He has a 100% record :D :D :D
how can you possibly say this??? he has coached 7 games...give the man a season or two before slagging him off...even a full season

and for the record i fricking hate carlton but thats a little far passing judgement on a coach who has been in the job basically one pre-season...

give carlton a few years and they will be in the 8...then comes the test for ratten as to whether he can take the team to the top...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lighten up FFS - sheesh.

Anyway I have no sympathy for a coach who deliberately loses matches, instills a culture of losing as something to be cherished and then gets his team with its hundreds of priority picks and No1 picks and Judases swamped by last years wooden spooner.

Not my fault the losing culture is ingrained into Carlton and Ratten helped put it there.

Hope he maintains his 100% record until he is sacked.

Cheating scum rabble. :evil: :evil:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

I have no sympathy for a coach that starts sprouting 'arrogance', 'winning culture' & 'where we belong' after a 0-6 start to his coaching career on the back of 6 years of total incompetence.

bungiton
SS Life Member

the headline should read-

Dud gets Judd, still crud

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Reality will set in for them next week with a 10 goal drubbing, so beginning our reign on top of the ladder.

mischa
Club Player

Dismal. Absolutely dismal, all round-happy to say. :)

The Solarium King is merrily stating how Richdung went into the NAB Cup underdone and were just setting themselves for round 1 or some other crap :roll: :roll: Carol Ann Wilting's "The Rage" have gone into apoplexia over the genius of the win! :shock: :o