montagna

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

montagna

for years folks have been waiting for a break through game or a break through series.

instead what monty has given us is incremental improvements from his debut to sneaking up into being one of the elite midfielders in he competition.

IMO quality wise he's right up there with nick stevens, nick dal santo, foley in the bracket just underneath the uber elite midfieders, like hayes, kerr, black etc.

IMO monty at this stage if he can maintain his form and improvement growth will be a dark horse for the brownlow.

he is behind hayes, our most consistent midfielder.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rexy
SS Life Member

Definately a very good midfielder, genuine gut runner, pacey enough to break lines, smart enough to know where and when to run, uses the ball well.

Needs to nail those shots on goal running through 50 more consistantly.

Not robinson crusoe in our side there though.

Maybe this year?
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

IMO he got his brownlow campaign off to a good start with 3 votes :wink:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

he just needs to kick those goals when he snatches those two or three chances per game....another two points last night, but hey....no-ones perfect.

Richter
SS Life Member

I'd say that I'd be happy if he can regain his form of last year. I don't expect that he can get much more than that.

Looking at the midfield in general, both Lenny and Ball should be better this year as they are back to proper fitness. Dal I class an a potential elite mid - he is def. better than Stevens whom you class him alongside and IMO is only a smidgeon off Kerr/Judd/Cousins level.

Overall we look for improvement as a whole unit. This will hopefully come as all the mids are fit and firing and make it harder for the oppo to close them down.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
dalboy
Club Player

If he can continue his improvement and with the Saints hopefully winning more games than last year and therefore more votes coming to saints players i got on him for the Brownlow last week at 160 - 1 . Worth a go i reckon.

Happiness is a warm pie!