Administration Butterss Up

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ace
Saintsational Legend

Administration Butterss Up

The Westaway administration is taking on the AFL and Sydney over the tunnelling of Riewoldt.
They have put together the video evidence, made sure the media got a copy, now Demetriou has to address it.
That cowardly wimp Rod Butterss would have just rolled over and said "we are focussing on the next match, we don't want to cause any trouble".

When you want players to put themselves on the line, the adminstration must show they have guts and the will to fight as well.

At last St Kilda has an administration that will stand up for its players.

Good riddence melted butter.

GrumpyOne

Agree that Archie and the Admin deserve kudos for their stand against tunnelling, but not sure about the condemnation of Butterss.

Bit hard to attribute inaction to him when he never faced the same situation.

yipper
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:Agree that Archie and the Admin deserve kudos for their stand against tunnelling, but not sure about the condemnation of Butterss.

Could have been referring to perceived inactions over Sirengate, Whispers in the sky and Baker's suspension from recent years.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:Agree that Archie and the Admin deserve kudos for their stand against tunnelling, but not sure about the condemnation of Butterss.

Could have been referring to perceived inactions over Sirengate, Whispers in the sky and Baker's suspension from recent years.
exactly.

and it's not just that Archie has gone on the front foot, but it's the method in how he's done it.

Calculated, non-threatening, and a fair and open discussion.

This is how our club will earn real respect, and enable us to go on the front foot a la Kevin Sheedy sometime in the future if need be.

Dimwit is a fool remember - he'll try and bend over the media and clubs as much as he can, but if the media give him a good schelacking, he just may give in a little...

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
JeffDunne

The criticism is harsh but I'm pleased to see it's Archie and not the president or the coach tackling the issue.

I think all the RB & GT comparisons & criticisms should stop and we should thank them for what they did for the club.

We now have in place a much more professional structure and it may not have been possible without their input. We still have a way to go until we are considered a benchmark in the league but it's pleasing to see us heading in the right direction.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

seriously this is a ridiculous thread.

Butterss was a fine administrator that fought for st kilda for most of his presidency.

don't forget one of the major criticisms of GT was fighting the AFL.

the tunnelling issues goes straight to a criticism of the umpires...

whispers in the sky mark 2?

I am FOR the new administration, but fair dinkum, have a crack at what butterss did wrong, NOT what he might or might not have done, its just supposition as the basis of this thread.

about as valuable at B4Es constant 50/50 hindsight attacks on GT.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
spert
Saintsational Legend

The AFL is aware of tunnelling and has advised clubs prior to all of this of its interpretations, so this is not just an isolated reaction.
Clearly it was a tactic the Swans used on Roo -or should I say bleedin' bloody obviously. I don't think it is a terrible thing and can be effective, but it is best that it is highlighted and probably penalised with a free kick as it is potentially dangerous. It is funny how opposition supporters go on about Roo being a sook, when all they need to do is watch videos of who is in front of the packs, who is running flatout at the ball, and who's eyes are always on the ball. Oh and by the way, Westaway has yet to prove anything yet and until he delivers a flag, until then, he will have done no more than any other President of this club..
Last edited by spert on Wed 26 Mar 2008 9:35am, edited 2 times in total.

GrumpyOne

Dan Warna wrote:seriously this is a ridiculous thread.

Butterss was a fine administrator that fought for st kilda for most of his presidency.

don't forget one of the major criticisms of GT was fighting the AFL.

the tunnelling issues goes straight to a criticism of the umpires...

whispers in the sky mark 2?

I am FOR the new administration, but fair dinkum, have a crack at what butterss did wrong, NOT what he might or might not have done, its just supposition as the basis of this thread.

about as valuable at B4Es constant 50/50 hindsight attacks on GT.
Thanks Dan, thats exactly what I was trying to say, but you said it so much better. :D

ttufc7
Club Player

Totally agree.......Very pleased to see the club sticking up for their own interests. I was always worried that with clubs like Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton always pushing their own barrow (Collingwood especially) That our reluctance to voice our opinion as a club would see us at a distinct disadvantage.

Step in the right direction IMO

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:The AFL is aware of tunnelling and has advised clubs prior to all of this of its interpretations, so this is not just an isolated reaction.
Clearly it was a tactic the Swans used on Roo -or should I say bleedin' bloody obviously. I don't think it is a terrible thing and can be effective, but it is best that it is highlighted and probably penalised with a free kick as it is potentially dangerous. It is funny how opposition supporters go on about Roo being a sook, when all they need to do is watch videos of who is in front of the packs, who is running flatout at the ball, and who's eyes are always on the ball. Oh and by the way, Westaway has yet to prove anything yet and until he delivers a flag, he will have done no more than any other President of this club..
concur with what you've said, but the OP was nothing more than a blatant attack at Butterss.

pointless effort IMO.

stupid thread and should get the lack of respect it deserves.

Im all for a discussion on the value and contribution of butterss but really attacking him what he might or might not have done is pointless.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
yipper
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:The criticism is harsh but I'm pleased to see it's Archie and not the president or the coach tackling the issue.

I think all the RB & GT comparisons & criticisms should stop and we should thank them for what they did for the club.

We now have in place a much more professional structure and it may not have been possible without their input. We still have a way to go until we are considered a benchmark in the league but it's pleasing to see us heading in the right direction.
I actually agree with this. It is easy to sit back from the outside and compare the 2 admins and make criticism - however, we will never know the real stories - just the perceptions we get from media reports and the like. I think in all fairness - history will judge the Butterss team kindly. In the meantime - I am delighted with the way the new team is performing, they are kicking plenty of goals and earning heaps of respect along the way.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="spert" he will have done no more than any other President of this club..[/quote]

i think one g huggins has a nose in front of the pack at the moment....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Oh and by the way, Westaway has yet to prove anything yet and until he delivers a flag, until then, he will have done no more than any other President of this club..
I reckon that is absolute garbage.

All Westaway can do, is put the club in a position where we are financially able to give our on-field department the best opportunity they can to win a flag - and to ensure the clubs existence and sustainability.

The president of the club doesn't 'deliver' flags. What garbage.