Furious!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Furious!

Angry
Shattered
Disappointed
Fuming
Mad
Livid
Irate and
ANNOYIED

What the hell happened tonight????
Seriously how can we be 6 goals up at qrt time to then have a 90 POINT turn around in 3 qrts.
This is meant to be a team that is a contender for the flag this year, instead we look like pretenders.
I really hope this is just a small hiccup. as I am so upset with them right now I don’t dare say anymore in case I wake up in the morning and regret what I have said.
I could say so much more but l will have to bite my tongue.

To think how excited I was at qrt time, thinking we are a real chance to flog'em and have a real crack at Geelong next week.

I guess I got carried away a little early and now paying the price for it.

"Oh the joys of being a St Kilda Supporter"

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
widereceiver
Club Player

Who tipped them to be contenders?

I guess you could question the judgment of those who hyped them to be top 2, this bunch of pretenders, who scraped into 9th last year.

Let's see if they can regroup this week and try to avoid the posts bagging individual players.

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
Richter
SS Life Member

Most disappointing thing was how SOFT we were everywhere on the ground. The Dogs are hardly renowned for their toughness but they really made us look like pushovers.

Only positives for us that come rom the game

- Sam Fisher (again) did a good job on Johnson

- welcome back Brendon Goddard who did ok on his return

- Geary continues to look like he belongs at the AFL level

I really can't think of any more.

Oh yeah, come back soon Matty Maguire.... PLEASE!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
jmac101
Club Player

im sure there will be people who call us trolls for hacking on the team...but seriously...this is supposed to be a team who at the end of the alst year made a blood commitment to doing whatever it takes....

tonight was absolutely pathetic.

i am embarassed.

doggerel
Club Player

Thought Sam Gilbert was much improved this week. Kosi also good in patches. But that's it for the positives.

St Kilda Social Club member since 1996
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Most disappointing thing was how SOFT we were everywhere on the ground. The Dogs are hardly renowned for their toughness but they really made us look like pushovers.
Spot on.

They made us look like butter. What % of our tackles stuck? 40%?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St.Walker
Club Player

That was so bad, how can you find a positive

kalsaint
Club Player

Richter wrote:Most disappointing thing was how SOFT we were everywhere on the ground. The Dogs are hardly renowned for their toughness but they really made us look like pushovers.

Only positives for us that come rom the game

- Sam Fisher (again) did a good job on Johnson

- welcome back Brendon Goddard who did ok on his return

- Geary continues to look like he belongs at the AFL level

I really can't think of any more.
Good point about Goose. He generally run central and kicks goals from half back against this mob.

Oh yeah, come back soon Matty Maguire.... PLEASE!

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I agree with Richter's positives and reinforce the Geary bit.

He's a real good kid, and even though he makes some mistakes, this is the sort of youngster we must give good game time to.

The Bullies are a very good quick, fast moving team and obviously pretty well coached at the moment.

When certain players are beaten they seem to have others now who will pop up.

Am going to the Cats game Sunday, will be very interesting to see how much they smash the Dees by.

I'm scared.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

Re: Furious!

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
To think how excited I was at qrt time, thinking we are a real chance to flog'em and have a real crack at Geelong next week.

I guess I got carried away a little early and now paying the price for it.
i felt exactly the same way, also felt guilty for thinking about the Geelong game too...

blah

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Laughable in the end....I can't for the life of me work out where we were in the last 3/4ers of the contest! And to think I picked the boys to blow the Dogs away by 30 points!! I should have known better! :oops: :( Serioulsy, Harvs was trying, Gram, Hayes and ??????? the umpires???? Got me totally beat! I tihnk it's the "Loss we had to have" quite frankly :? (Good thing I'm half tanked!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
nicko016
Club Player

There isn't a game I can remember being so angry and feeling so much emotion after a game as tonights game. A complete capitulation. To have a 75 point turnaround is completely unacceptable. We were completely dominate out of the midfield and did not work hard enough and were made to look soft. Our midfield, simply needs to lift after that performance.

But we need to lift a lot all over the ground. We need to be harder and work harder and put in a consistent effort. We've really put together some shocking quarters of football not only this game but so far this season and it simply can't happen. I just pray that this provides them wih a stern reality check and they got a solid kick up the bum.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

nicko016 wrote:There isn't a game I can remember being so angry and feeling so much emotion after a game as tonights game.
I am glad to see I am not the only one left feeling like the way I do.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Richter
SS Life Member

Ditto - I just had to not make eye contact with anyone on the tram on the way back home. Ropable.

It's the first time I have felt embarassed to be wearing the mighty Sainters scarf. i hope the boys feel ashamed too.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
thequarry
Club Player

nicko016 wrote:There isn't a game I can remember being so angry and feeling so much emotion after a game as tonights game.
I left early for the second time since I can't remember (the last time was against the Crows at the Dome in '05 and I was feeling sick).

I haven't felt that let down for a very, very long time.