What's Garry Lyon on?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

What's Garry Lyon on?

I listened to Garry Lyon today on radio, and he said he was concerned for St Kilda beacause their two best players are 37 and 34 years of age.

He then went on to praise Essendon for their performance, particularly as they had 10 players missing from their line-up.

Now Garry, you must be getting bored, because that is just a load of ill-considered rubbish.

Have you not considered Hayes, Riewoldt, Ball, Koschitzke, Goddard, Montagna in our list of best players?

As for Essendon, their three best players by a mile are Lucas (30), Lloyd (30), and Fletcher (33), and by the way, of the 10 players injured only two were of any quality - Lucas and McVeigh. The remainder are reserves players.

Based on his obsevations, and the comparison between the two teams he then went on to say that St Kila were JUST a top eight team, and cannot be considered a top four prospect.

It appears that many in the football media are writing us off as any threat to the premiership. This time next year, Fletcher will be 34, Lloyd and Lucas 31, as will Mal Michael

Go ahead guys. I might remind you that it is round 5, and Essendon is not on an accelerating upward march.

gooner
Club Player

It staggers me every year how the media rubbish team after four or five games. Gary Lyon was very quick to tell everyone how good Geelong were and would win the flag - but this was round 2 2006, when they didn't make finals. He also rubbished them after round 4 last year.

In the EPL no one even bothers to look at the ladder till a few months into the season because it's almost meaningless.

Just remember they have to fill the airwaves with something that is their job. It doesn't matter if it's ill considered nonsense. Their job is not to inform or be accurate, it's to fill the airwaves till the next ad break.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Lennon
Club Player

It was only 2-3 weeks ago, when Dal was on TFS and saying that the Saints were being overrated that Garry Lyon said he was talking them down...

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Lennon wrote:It was only 2-3 weeks ago, when Dal was on TFS and saying that the Saints were being overrated that Garry Lyon said he was talking them down...
You watch TFS ? :shock:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
maverick
Saintsational Legend

Not sure who he means?

Harvs is 36 and G is 32, Max 31 and everyone else is younger aren't they?

As for our best players, Max and Harvs are in our best 10, with at least, Hayes, Roo and Sam in fornt of them....

Lennon
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
Lennon wrote:It was only 2-3 weeks ago, when Dal was on TFS and saying that the Saints were being overrated that Garry Lyon said he was talking them down...
You watch TFS ? :shock:
Yep. And I have to stay up till midnight to do so.

And I love it, though I realise that isn't the universal stance.

noddy

Why would anyone worry about what a hack like Gary Lyon has to say. Hes just Fevolard off that the Demons are so shizen

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Good.

Get 'em off us then.

I hate the media.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:Good.

Get 'em off us then.

I hate the media.
I think its good also.

Let geelong, dogs, hawks have the spotlight...let our side fix what we need to (and we have work to do for sure).

I dont think we are playing like a top r4 side right now also - who knowsby seasons end but if we just make the 8 its rebuild time.

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Are gary lyon and ross lyon brothers...

Does gary lyon have a gay walking style or doesn't it run in the family...

How crap are Melbourne,no wonder he doesn't want to get involved,he's too busy polishing his German Helmet......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

In one way it is good, lessens the pressure on the players and it lowers the eventual embarrassment for the fans should the team not succeed, on the other hand the positive media could potentially help us boost membership numbers....

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
QueenC
Club Player

noddy wrote:Why would anyone worry about what a hack like Gary Lyon has to say. Hes just Fevolard off that the Demons are so shizen
Well that is a legitimate excuse where I come from :wink: :oops: !!!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

whats gary not on?

“Yeah….nah””
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:I hate the media.
Not on trial in Texas are you?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Gilbert=Legend

Who is the player who is 34 years old?

spert
Saintsational Legend

The football media currently going around are absolute crap. People use funny logic...so if we won the flag this year and Harvey, Max and Gehrig were our three best on ground, G Lyon would need to be critical as our best players are over 30 ?? Go figure. G Lyon didn't play in a premiership did he? Its best he just go down to Melbourne and help out as much as he can.

aussiejones
Club Player

Go away Gary LYON .......... Boof head

Melbourne needs you!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

firstly i think he was more refering to fridays game not our best players in general our best on friday were Maxy and Harves and to an extent i agree it is a bit of a worry that we have to rely on harves to get 29 touches and max to be BOG to win the game ....armo showed signs of stepping up but come next year if harves anf max both retire it is going to leave a big hole in the team !

as for garry lyons coaching i get the feeling he is waiting for bailey to take the heat of years at the bottom to build a team then he will swoop in and be Melbournes saviour

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintly
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:firstly i think he was more refering to fridays game not our best players in general our best on friday were Maxy and Harves and to an extent i agree it is a bit of a worry that we have to rely on harves to get 29 touches and max to be BOG to win the game ....armo showed signs of stepping up but come next year if harves anf max both retire it is going to leave a big hole in the team !

as for garry lyons coaching i get the feeling he is waiting for bailey to take the heat of years at the bottom to build a team then he will swoop in and be Melbournes saviour
i also agree that it is a concern that 2 of your best players on friday were harves and hudgeton. It was a concern last year as well.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Personally I much prefer the media jumping off us than talking us up.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Gary Lyon should go coach the dees, although I think he's just smart enough to realise he's dumb.

On the other hand criticism from Gerard Healy is sadly right on the mark.

Outside Bruce Eva I'd be struggling to think of a more honest and more thorough reviewer of everything st kilda, and Bruce doesn't get much mainstream exposure any more.

Healy has been positive but critical of st kilda recently and generally he's right on the mark.

Sheahan is a $10 hooker who hitches his skirts for any passing bandwaggon.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
plumtire
Club Player

Whats Garry Lyon on?

I'd say Caroline Wilson :wink: :lol: