"Glad we're not playing the saints this week!"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

A quote from Sam Mitchell talking to Mark Doran on SEN this afternoon.

Was a little surprised but very pleased to hear this re the soft comment which he said would burn in the guts of the players this week...".especially Nick Reiwoldt whose courage can't be questioned".

Sam apparently was a saint supporter and spoke how much in awe he was of Robert Harvey in one of his first games.

Another one that got away :x Would be more than handy :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Would have loved to have seen Sam Mitchell in a Saints jumper. Oh well, not to be :sigh:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"glad we're not playing the saints this week"

:D Great post Patrick!!!! Its a pity that some of our own are as ready to write us off, as look forward to a chance to get it right!!!!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Baldock Rules
Club Player

Sam would have been very handy.

Lets hope his instincts are right about playing us this week.

Only an emphatic win will do !

There are freaks and freaks and Baldock was both of those.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

small nuggety rover which tackles ferociously, has overcome his lack of penetrating kicks to work well by hand and foot in the meat grinder of the midfield, creating turnovers with fierce tackling, dishing out to running players with slick handpasses under pressure.

takes his knocks and gives them out too.

pity st kilda don't have any players like that .... oh wait a minute.

cough cough luke ball.

btw well said mitchell.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

It's okay... we have Shane Birss.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:It's okay... we have Shane Birss.
A bit unfair on Birss IMO...Not an inside player but is a link up running type [both types required]who has been doing pretty well recently...can kick goals and hit a target which is something not all his teamates can claim :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

interesting taht many of the people calling for the dumping or trading of ball didn't read todays hun which lists ball and hayes as amongst the hardest players in the competition wrt hard ball gets and tackles.

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:It's okay... we have Shane Birss.
i would take Birss any day of the week over Gram
at least Birss isnt scared to tackle or put his body into a contest

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Buckets
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:interesting taht many of the people calling for the dumping or trading of ball didn't read todays hun which lists ball and hayes as amongst the hardest players in the competition wrt hard ball gets and tackles.

But Dan if our mids dont play like Judd or Kerr then they are not good enough! I reckon that Ball has been playing the best he has for a long time but a lot of people under rate Ball glad to see the Hun actually show that he is getting back to his tackling best!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Birss also loved the saints as a kid, and Harvs was his idol too, which is why I mentioned him.

It's always good to have those guys around the club.

3 way trade, BJ to Carlton and Mitchell to St. Kilda?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:interesting taht many of the people calling for the dumping or trading of ball didn't read todays hun which lists ball and hayes as amongst the hardest players in the competition wrt hard ball gets and tackles.

But Dan if our mids dont play like Judd or Kerr then they are not good enough! I reckon that Ball has been playing the best he has for a long time but a lot of people under rate Ball glad to see the Hun actually show that he is getting back to his tackling best!
you cant compair ball and judd , Bally is your blue collar worker who puts his head dawn a gets the job done through pure grit and determination , judd has the natural talent and exceptional footy mind to know where the ball is going without having to dig it out from the packs (that he does an ok job of anyway )

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Buckets
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Buckets wrote:

you cant compair ball and judd , Bally is your blue collar worker who puts his head dawn a gets the job done through pure grit and determination , judd has the natural talent and exceptional footy mind to know where the ball is going without having to dig it out from the packs (that he does an ok job of anyway )
I think you missed the point i was trying to make. I was trying to say that even if Ball was playing absolutely fantastic in and under footy people would still want Judd instead! They mark our mids very hard against the talent ladden players. I love watching Bally go hard for the ball, and he is only going to get better!

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

It's funny, it's a big deal who a soccer player supports - it's always something that comes into consideration during the transfer window.

On the other hand, players frequently 'play' for a team and 'support' their own team - even if they're lower down.

Paul Scholes is a lifelong Oldham fan and a season ticket-holder, but obviously, is a Manchester United legend.

I kind of like that.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:small nuggety rover which tackles ferociously, has overcome his lack of penetrating kicks to work well by hand and foot in the meat grinder of the midfield, creating turnovers with fierce tackling, dishing out to running players with slick handpasses under pressure.

cough cough luke ball.

btw well said mitchell.
Hmmm...apart from the kicking bit (which you admit he improved), sounds a lot like CJ, doesn't it!?!

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Glad we're not playing geelong this week!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:small nuggety rover which tackles ferociously, has overcome his lack of penetrating kicks to work well by hand and foot in the meat grinder of the midfield, creating turnovers with fierce tackling, dishing out to running players with slick handpasses under pressure.

cough cough luke ball.

btw well said mitchell.
Hmmm...apart from the kicking bit (which you admit he improved), sounds a lot like CJ, doesn't it!?!
no CJ gets 2 tackles a game, Ball gets about 6
CJ gets about 10 possessions a game, Ball gets about 22
Ball hits the target 70% of the time, CJ about 50

CJ is about a year older than ball or close enough to being the same age.

Ball is recovering from a groin injury and is getting better, CJ when fit is ordinary.

Ball is so far ahead of CJ its not funny. Its like saying CJ took a mark once he must be trevor barker :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:It's funny, it's a big deal who a soccer player supports - it's always something that comes into consideration during the transfer window.

On the other hand, players frequently 'play' for a team and 'support' their own team - even if they're lower down.

Paul Scholes is a lifelong Oldham fan and a season ticket-holder, but obviously, is a Manchester United legend.

I kind of like that.
Agree with ya there Everton. There is always talk of soccer being more about the money than the shirt and that can be true but there are some stories that make you think otherwise.

Another one comes to mind of David Beckham saying he wouldnt go to another English club because being in the away dressing room at Man United would be way to hard for him to take.

And one I remember a little less clearly was when Nottingham Forrest were relegated to the first divison quite a while ago Steve Stone (I think that was his name) knocked back offers from top flight clubs to help Forrest fight for promotion.

AHHH makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside :lol:

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
degruch wrote:

cough cough luke ball.

btw well said mitchell.
no CJ gets 2 tackles a game, Ball gets about 6
CJ gets about 10 possessions a game, Ball gets about 22
Ball hits the target 70% of the time, CJ about 50

CJ is about a year older than ball or close enough to being the same age.

Ball is recovering from a groin injury and is getting better, CJ when fit is ordinary.

Ball is so far ahead of CJ its not funny. Its like saying CJ took a mark once he must be trevor barker :roll:
Yeah, yeah...Ball's good too. But besides that, I'm 100% on the money. And whilst we're comparing all things Ball vs CJ...ummm...game time?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:Birss also loved the saints as a kid, and Harvs was his idol too, which is why I mentioned him.

It's always good to have those guys around the club.

3 way trade, BJ to Carlton and Mitchell to St. Kilda?
no way would i be trading go-go (bj).....even if he did support the blues as a kid.
unless he came out and said i want out, id be keeping him.
if lenny, bally, joey and armo need help from mitchell in the guts then we have problems.

supersaints
Club Player

if we were, it would be a nil all draw !

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad we weren't playing the Bulldogs today...