Rumour re Davey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Rumour re Davey

Heard from a guy at my gym today that Aaron Davey did his hammy at training last night...

Would be helpful to our cause...

Can anyone confirm?

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
St.Walker
Club Player

walked off after a shot on goal...

still dont play to sunday...but it might just be a bit of tightness

he is starting to find some form so having him out would help us

bergsone
SS Life Member

Maybe better if all melb players are avaliable,see where we are at the moment .Yes if he and robbo are out leaves a big hole for them

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i agree waht we really need to see is how we go against them at full capacity if they are limping to the line it wont prove anything on our team if we happen to win but if we lose then its cue in the rack time

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Maybe better if all melb players are avaliable,see where we are at the moment .Yes if he and robbo are out leaves a big hole for them
its a win win for the dees though

if both are out they pump experience into the younger players being the focal points in attack and around the footy...giving them extra responsibility even for one match would show them what they have to do to become a regular then to the next step being an elite footballer

if both are out it does make our plight a little easier...we just have to do it....

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

4 points is 4 points.

they didn't wish us any fortune or say bad luck when the knocked us over in 2006.

no excuses remember?

Show them no mercy.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

On a somewhat unrelated topic, hypothetically, Aaron Davey comes off contract. Do we go for him????

He's probably mid 20's, plenty of fooy ahead of him. He's a proven talent, but has been missing something in the last 18 months. A change of club might find this missing factor.

We would love a super quick, relatively skillful, half forward flanker, but he becomes another recycled player who might not come off.

Thoughts??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour re Davey

saint patrick wrote:Heard from a guy at my gym today that Aaron Davey did his hammy at training last night...

Can anyone confirm?
I'm pretty sure I read it in the Hun this morning.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:On a somewhat unrelated topic, hypothetically, Aaron Davey comes off contract. Do we go for him????

He's probably mid 20's, plenty of fooy ahead of him. He's a proven talent, but has been missing something in the last 18 months. A change of club might find this missing factor.

We would love a super quick, relatively skillful, half forward flanker, but he becomes another recycled player who might not come off.

Thoughts??
I may be imagining it but I think he has had continual soft-tissue problems for the last couple of years? Similar to X in that respect (soft-tissue injuries).

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Heard from a guy at my gym today that Aaron Davey did his hammy at training last night...

Can anyone confirm?
You did !!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Can anyone confirm?
You did !!
Yeh..I read it via WOm this morning...

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html
Hamstring forces Davey from track
Bruce Matthews | May 28, 2008 12:00am

LIVEWIRE Melbourne forward Aaron Davey appeared to injure a hamstring near the end of training yesterday. Davey pulled up short and clutched his leg after taking a shot for goal.

He walked straight off the Junction Oval to the dressingrooms while teammates completed warmdowns.

While the Demons played down the incident
, doubt will linger until the team's final workout on Saturday to prepare for the game against St Kilda at Telstra Dome the following day.

Davey, who was back to near his best form against Hawthorn on Sunday, is one of several key players to be checked by the Demons - and no doubt the Saints' spy - at the weekend.

Ruckman Jeff White, a late withdrawal with back soreness, and forward Russell Robertson, who copped a heavy knock to the thigh, did not join training yesterday. The pair will be tested.

Ben Holland (shoulder) must prove his fitness, while Jared Rivers (hip) and Paul Wheatley (calf) worked strongly and should be available.

Coach Dean Bailey rated Robertson only a 50-50 chance of being ready to face the Saints, stung by criticism for lack of effort against the Brisbane Lions.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Thanks guys..don't get the hun delivered and didn't work today where Inormally score a paper.

The gym and saintsational goss are a great back up though :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
St Chris wrote:On a somewhat unrelated topic, hypothetically, Aaron Davey comes off contract. Do we go for him????

Thoughts??
I may be imagining it but I think he has had continual soft-tissue problems for the last couple of years? Similar to X in that respect (soft-tissue injuries).

hes fast he's young hes dynamic can tackle well and love's to kick a goal what more could you ask for ? would definatly look at him if he was available injurys aside hes a fairly consistant player

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ive been a picture of positivity on here all week..but..if Melbourne even get close to us with these outs..

Neitz
White
Robertson
Davey
Holland

...well..there will be tears :wink:

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Zippy
Club Player

Thoughts??
He's also prone to injuries, isn't he? With our player management record, any injury-prone player we recruited would probably suffer a season-ending injury within a fortnight.

Blindly delusional optimist. Fan of the Blake.

"If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared not only to retract it, but also to deny under oath that I ever said itâ€
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:4 points is 4 points.

they didn't wish us any fortune or say bad luck when the knocked us over in 2006.

no excuses remember?

Show them no mercy.

Exactly. I hope they put the Quambatook 3rds out there and we trounce them by 157 points. Need something to enjoy this year.

Sides have never felt sorry for the saints,or wished they played us at full strength. Annihilation is the order of the day.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Can anyone confirm?
You did !!
Yep, listed as "TEST" along with about 4-5 others including Holland, White and Robertson. Would be a bonus for us if Robbo, Holland and Davey miss.

As far as a trade goes I reskon the Dees would be crazy to let him go but if we can convince him to sign for us it would be a massive boost

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ive been a picture of positivity on here all week..but..if Melbourne even get close to us with these outs..

Neitz
White
Robertson
Davey
Holland

I think that according to Dees fans that White may be an In this week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
derby Street
Club Player

[quote="saintsRrising"][quote="saint66au"]Ive been a picture of positivity on here all week..but..if Melbourne even get close to us with these outs..

Neitz
White
Robertson
Davey
Holland

We would have been half a chance to win if the Dees played Neitz & Holland. :lol:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Ive been a picture of positivity on here all week..but..if Melbourne even get close to us with these outs..

Neitz
White
Robertson
Davey
Holland

tears?
christ, ill prob have a broken telly with a remote sitting inside it.
im not even thinking about a loss