Let's keep things in Perspective

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Let's keep things in Perspective

Yes we had a good win, but it was only Melbourne.
We tackled the best we have all season, but it was Melbourne.
For once we actually finished a game off, I was happy with that, but again it was Melbourne.
If we are truely back, that will come this Sunday and the following week against the Swans.
If we beat the Bulldogs by 3 goals plus, than we are back on track.
All we did yesterday was do what most others had already done (except Fremantle) and that is smash Melbourne.
Mind you, I might have got a little more excited if someone hadn't given me this lousy cold I got and if I wwas a rational person, would have stayed home.
But I'm a St.Kilda supporter who wanted to see us win so I braved the risk pneumonia to watch them win and because I am on annual leave so have plenty of time to recover.
Would appreciate if anyone can tell me our training schedule this week as I will have a chance to watch them train.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Too true.

Perspective needed guys. We did what we needed to do against the worst team in the competition, no more.

The only half-decent side we've beaten this year is Sydney; the rest are just rubbish. People need to wake up and realise this.

I'm sick of seeing us lay down against good teams.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

if we beat the dogs by anything we are back on track

to get a random magical 3 goal figure is silly

no doubting we can do it...we have better rucks, they win we get first use and the dogs backline is left exposed even if roo and kosi arent in decent touch...milne, schnieder and now fergo make our forward 50 both quality tall and small

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Irrespective of the margin, and whether it is a win or loss, what we need to see is for the majority of the game that the players are doing what they need to be doing: Tackling, applying pressure, moving the ball quickly etc etc

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bergsone
SS Life Member

Next 2 weeks will tell,either we are back in the race, or not.Yesterday was a step in the right direction.Lets face it the Dees are terrible,but you can only play against who they put on the field,and lets face it they apply any pressure at all.That will be completly different next week

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:moving the ball quickly
that was the most heartening thing i saw although, as everyone keeps pointing out, it was only melbourne.

despite the 70 point margin i saw a few key areas in which we can improve.

1) riewoldt needs to spend much of his training this week having shots at goal. a half decent kick and he would have had six yesterday. it is becoming excruciating watching him dish it off every time because of what can only be a lack of confidence in his goal-kicking. ferguson's kicking obviously also needs a bit of work.

2) kosi needs to be told to lead. not half heartedly by taking a few slow steps, but by running at full-tilt like ferguson. guys just will not kick to a stationary target and leading is the time honoured way of saying to your teammates "kick it to me". if he doesn't do it he is never going to make it as a key forward. it needs to be drummed into him starting NOW.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

The reason we won was because Melbourne failed to do the 4 things required the beat st kilda. Bulldogs will cover these much better, which will give us a much better picture of where our boys are at. The 4 things are:

Hard tag on dal santo
Stop gram and sam fisher spending time by themselves.
Stop Roo taking marks inside 50
Get forwards one on one with defenders other than maxie.