Not the same without Frase

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

KATETHESAINT
Club Player

Not the same without Frase

I have tried to pretend that I have not been devastated by Frase leaving but its just not the same anymore. Even when times were bad if we were playing a shocker of a game it was ok Id go to my happy place and just watch Frase pace up and down the goal square like a caged tiger or laugh at him giving his apponent a hard time. When he retired last year I felt like Id lost something really special like something had died. I will admit I shed some tears. Then I heard the news Frase was coming back. I felt like hed been given the kiss of life but alas the heart started beating again but the body stayed inactive no matter what was tried. So the black arm band is back. I am wrapped Frase will at least stay close to the club and guide the guys and help them out with their game. Please dont go too far away.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

we play better w/o him

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Problem is he is the best set shot we have ! s***.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for everything Fraser...

But the door is over there and you walked through it at the right time. The first time.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

mick13
Club Player

iwantmeseats wrote:Problem is he is the best set shot we have ! s***.
Precisely.

Would put more on G from the boundary than Roo dead in front.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: Not the same without Frase

i miss the G-Train too.

he's still on the list, though. should we reach the finals and - because of injury or form - need a very good and experienced forward, then who knows.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Thanks Frase! Im 99% sure he wont be back.

SainterX
Club Player

Still though, if Roo or Kosi go down at the end of the season he would be a good substitute to have, provided he still has the will to keep fully fit during his hiatus. If not then I would still like to see him have a farewell game (again) so we can all go say goodbye (again) :P

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.
Furphy
Club Player

There was nothing wrong with Fraser, the ball delivery into the forward line (until last Sunday) has been haphazard, to say the least. Every time he lead out, they would kick the ball over his head. If he went back, they would kick the ball too short.

The Peanut
Club Player

Fraser has been my favourite too

I hope the club are considering doing more that just using surgery on his arthritis because I have had surgery done on mine and it was worse after the op.

If it is damaged or worn cartilage I am afraid we won't see him again - the only answer is a simple alternative method which I doubt the club's doctor would consider - mine didn't. But at least the surgery will clean up the damaged tissue.

Even with the alternative method it may take the season to improve enough to play and I would think that is career ending.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SainterX wrote:Still though, if Roo or Kosi go down at the end of the season he would be a good substitute to have, provided he still has the will to keep fully fit during his hiatus. If not then I would still like to see him have a farewell game (again) so we can all go say goodbye (again) :P
he was sort of made a scapegoat for poor form across the board wasn't he.

lyon kind of admitted as much on footy classified last night:

"i thought the ball was coming out (of our forward line) too fast. but it came out pretty fast against brisbane, too (when gehrig didn't play)"

lets face it. apart from last week and perhaps essendon our delivery forward has been lacking in urgency, which has allowed the opposition the luxury of being able to get numbers back.

forwards like fraser need space to run into and we didn't give him any.

aussiejones
Club Player

Delivery to him was oten poor .......he would berate the guys up the ground .

His accuracy is missed ......specially with Roos yips at the present time.

Unfortunately time to groom a permanent replacement

Thanks Frase

matrix
Saintsational Legend

how many u reckon he woulda kicked on the weekend????
enough for me to think he should play if our other forwards arent kicking them...

seriously, get brian taylor or tony friggin modra on the phone for crying outloud and show these boys in our foward line how to correctly drop a footy onto your boot, by GUIDING the bloody thing down....

ahem
sorry.....tangent, went off on. :oops:

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:seriously, get brian taylor... on the phone
Not a bad idea... id be happy with the B-train.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:how many u reckon he woulda kicked on the weekend????
enough for me to think he should play if our other forwards arent kicking them...

seriously, get brian taylor or tony friggin modra on the phone for crying outloud and show these boys in our foward line how to correctly drop a footy onto your boot, by GUIDING the bloody thing down....

ahem
sorry.....tangent, went off on. :oops:
Yep, it seems to me that roo sometimes (not always) slightly raises the ball just before he drops it, anyone else notice this? Just more time for the ball to fall away and go skew wiff.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Yep, it seems to me that roo sometimes (not always) slightly raises the ball just before he drops it, anyone else notice this? Just more time for the ball to fall away and go skew wiff.
it's a technical problem that has grown into a dose of the yips; so much so that he looks to dish it off whenever he can.

i've no problem with that if there's no risk of a turnover and the guy is in a better position.

but the really good key forwards tend to take some of those shots and often make them.

i didn't see jonathan brown dropping his head when he sprayed a couple early against us. he kicked six.

it is the one issue that is stopping riewoldt being as good a player as he can be and it is frustating because it is fixable.

ask stewart loewe or peter hudson.

Saint Mik
Club Player

I'm not to sure but I think RL might of nearly slipped the R word into a reply from a question about the BIG fella on Monday night anyone else seen a replay of FC.

Said something along the lines of since Frase has rrree ...... been put on the long term injury list :shock:

I dont think he will be back again but you never know

Seems such a shame to end it this way when he had such a great send off the first time around.

Kossi taking the ruck in the back line and Frase up forward would still look OK to me on grand final day 08, if all our wishes come true that is, I think Frase would make Lynchy's effort look like a play fight :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010