Memberships

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Memberships

I wonder how the club is going with recruiting new members..there seems to be a very low profile in this area. I know a couple of new Sainters who signed up this year and basically are so disappointed with the club that they probably wont renew next season..can't see any spark of improvement on the horizon. It must be pretty hard to sell memberships with the tripe we have served up on field this year, plus a President and coach who publicly exude no glimmer of hope, fight or direction.

NoMore
Club Player

not only will they struggle to get new members i imagine they may lose up to 10,000 current members because of the tripe that ross and co serve up each week

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

The purchase of a membership is the one way that club supporters have of showing their opinion of what is going on at the club.

A drastic drop in membership will show that something isn't right.

saint-stevos

i hope we drop to 15,000 members with this board[/list]

ross will be no great loss

nor will our board!!
ben_fff
Club Player

Why, I can't see any negative impact the board has had on the club, only thing that I don't like is Westaway not having an opinion in the media more often... however at the same time I can see why, he'd get ripped to shreds with the way we are being potrayed.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The buck stops at the top -if we are not winning games, then the board needs to find answers and solutions quickly, otherwise memberships will drop away.

NoMore
Club Player

Who believes they are getting value for money from there membership at the moment?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Who believes they are getting value for money from there membership at the moment?
What is 'value for your membership'?

Fo me, membership of StKilda Football Club means I am part of the Club

I've been a member since 1965 (when we moved to Moorabbin) and I've watched us play magnificently and watched us play terribly and everything else between those 2 during that time. I've seen onfield and off-field success and dramas.

The one constant is that I've been a member of the Club through thick and thin.

If you're trying to equate 'membership' with satisfaction from our performances then IMHO you have got the definition of 'membership wrong.

You're really a supporter/follower/fan who buys a membership ticket andor a reserved seat because it's easier/cheaper to watch your team play.

In my world that's not the same as being a 'member' of the Club and you cannot put a value in the pride I derive from knowing that not only do I support/follow tha Saints but I am a 'member' too.

NoMore
Club Player

You don't know me and you don't know my motivation for buying a membership.

I have been a member since i was 4. I have stood at the western oval and sat on dads shoulders.

I used to go to training every thursday with the old man when the social club was open. I was in the rooms at the last game at moorabbin. I went to training nearly once a week when GT was coach.

But right now tell me what makes you feel part of a club.

We play sterilised football at a sterilised ground. I am not allowed to go and watch my team train because i might see something that other teams don't have and then i might tell them. AS IF.

They just want our money without giving anything in return

spert
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic, well put as a loyal Saint, but there are also Saint supporters and others who buy memberships when the club is looking good and playing well, and drop off when the club is performing badly on-field as it is now. These memberships are not the hard-core supporters, but never the less, need to be sold and maintained for the good of the club. This season I have been approached by phone or email (out of the blue) by Geelong, Dogs and Richmond people trying to sell memberships..not a peep from the Saints as opposed to a few years back.

Go Sainters Go
Club Player

No More, you are one of those two faced people who claim to be a supporter of the Club since you were 4 but havn't learnt much since. Take a leaf out of your fathers book and learn to be a loyal, passionate and positive Member of OUR CLUB.
Just note what a mature thinking supporter, Mr. Magic, has to contribute in the post before you.
Quite frankly, I am sick of seing unintelligent, uneducated crap coming from so many posters at the moment = mostly coming from youngies who have little more than a chip on their shoulders.
Some positive posting would be a change. The Sainters will turn things around, there is no doubting that.
GO SAINTERS GO.

Once a "Saint" always a trueblooded "Saint"
NoMore
Club Player

give me a sign things are on the improve. I am just not happy at the moment. I will always support the club and i will probably buy a membership next year and the year after.

I absolutely love this club.

But won't accept a path of mediocrity

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
NoMore wrote:Who believes they are getting value for money from there membership at the moment?
What is 'value for your membership'?

Fo me, membership of StKilda Football Club means I am part of the Club

I've been a member since 1965 (when we moved to Moorabbin) and I've watched us play magnificently and watched us play terribly and everything else between those 2 during that time. I've seen onfield and off-field success and dramas.

The one constant is that I've been a member of the Club through thick and thin.

If you're trying to equate 'membership' with satisfaction from our performances then IMHO you have got the definition of 'membership wrong.

You're really a supporter/follower/fan who buys a membership ticket andor a reserved seat because it's easier/cheaper to watch your team play.

In my world that's not the same as being a 'member' of the Club and you cannot put a value in the pride I derive from knowing that not only do I support/follow tha Saints but I am a 'member' too.
Well said!!!

the sad fact is though, every Club has its fairweather fans, who wont buy a membership unless they think they are gonna see their team win every week. Witness how our membership sales dropped RIGHT off since Round 1. The "Casual fan" (I wont say supporter) gets a bit worried that he might have to see a few, gasp, losses for his dollar, and decides that he's not getting "value for money".

FFS, its not a frequent flier scheme. You arent and sholdnt be "rewarded" with wins as a right just cos you sign up every year. Its the glorious uncertainty of sport.

Their are many very acceptable reasons why people don't renew memberships. Its not cheap and becomes incresingly less so every year. But jumping off because you arent getting "value for money" due us sitting 10th on the ladder is just as bad as people who leave games early moaning that "Why should I stay and watch if the team doesnt even try" (true quote from last year)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gooner
Club Player

As it happens, the deal with the Age means that I think you get good value for money.
For example next year there is no way I will be able to go to any games (am starting a new retail business) but will still get a membership, not just from loyalty but because it works out about the same as if I got the Age delivered 4 times a week for a year.
Its about adding value to the membership.
Having said that, for most people its about wins and playing quality football and I wouldn't be surprised to see a big drop.

"The humble improve" Wynton Marsalis
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

saint-stevos wrote:i hope we drop to 15,000 members with this board[/list]
question TROLL, how come you havent been banned yet,
oh wait you were stevos saint the other day, :D
go away :roll:

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

ralphysaints35 wrote:
saint-stevos wrote:i hope we drop to 15,000 members with this board[/list]
question TROLL, how come you havent been banned yet,
oh wait you were stevos saint the other day, :D
go away :roll:
do you have an opinion on everything?

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:The purchase of a membership is the one way that club supporters have of showing their opinion of what is going on at the club.

A drastic drop in membership will show that something isn't right.
i would also put us in some real strife . if you talk to a magpies supporter or and eagles supporter they will tell you their membership is just another bill at the start of the year theres no though to if they will renew its just a done thing its like the power bill you dont turn around and sa y "eh im not going to pay this year " . Thats why the magpies and the eagles will always be the powerhouses of the AFL regardless of how good/bad they perform on field , only serious finacial hard ship would see me not renew my membership and with the new instalment payment option i cant even see that happening

our motto is 'Fortius Quo Fidelius' not 'loyal until we start to go backwards "

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

agreed. You should always renew. Hell , if ya broke, you can pay $10 a month, does it get any easier than that?

Besides admission , I dont look for sfa from my membership. Its my vote of support for the club.

I am as dismayed as many, but Ill still join up next year. If we dropped 10K we would be in diabolical trouble. DONT let it happen! :twisted:

bethb7
Club Player

I know I'll be signing up for the rest of my life have to stay behind your team in the good times & bad.

If you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't want to improve, you can go because we have unfinished business-Ross Lyon