?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

?

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:35am, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

lol.....nice one.

When we win its Saintsational.....And we should have an alternative banner for which you mentioned above for when we lose.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is this a St Kilda FC supporters site?

aussierules0k wrote:Just wondering if maybe I'd wandered into SatinSational, cos I don't see much supporting.

Lift ya game you lot!

hi mate...

don't come on here much anymore, but in answer to your question it is a supporters site but also a forum...

posters tend to spill out there thoughts and wait for comment...

If you are looking for a softly softly feel to our missed chance on even making the GF (let alone winning the flowering thing) well mate time to pi$$ off IMO

You are not going to get TOO much SUPPORT from another lost chance from me...

But I have come on here sparingly and not been abusive to anyone ....

So in essence, this is an Unofficial St Kilda Football Club Forum........

It is not just a St Kilda FC supporters site....

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Saint Mik
Club Player

Doom and gloom always wins flags, I forgot.

Then we should have more than just 1 in our shyte history then :wink:

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

With ya on this one AOK!!

Yes its a Forum, but its a very lop-sided one at the moment

Contrary to popular belief, having a bit of faith in your side isnt just mindless blind optimism. Its why Ive supported the Saints for 40 years through times a bloody sight tougher than this.

Theres a touch too much "Unless you are bagging the side and the coach you obviously arent watching the game and have no idea about football" attitude atm.

IMHO of course 8-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:34am, edited 1 time in total.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

As I said before...some supporters of this club only seem to do so as a means to balance their overly perfect existance, by heaping s*** on St Kilda. Surely it can't be that bad...our club colours aren't green, white and purple for gawd's sake!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think it's showing frustration at another chance for glory lost and all older saints supporters know that when the Saints start tumbling,they don't stop until they bottom out.......

Who knows where it's all heading,but there will be more venting whilst we wait,watch and wonder......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

im sick of reading sack the friggin coach threads........
i have made my views on his coaching ability known...but still, im sick of seeing dumb ass threads about sacking the flipping coach.

frigging trolling multiples.

just thought id say that........which basically has nothing to do with this thread :?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

"Saints'sins'n'all"?

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
bob__71
Club Player

The real problem is that its a forum....so all of the argumentative crap is always on top....maybe we need to be able to rate threads so that there is a different mechanism to see what is on top.

Or perhaps a fanzine type setup where reading was still interesting but moderation was better

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:The real problem is that its a forum....
So where's the problem - it IS a forum.

I would never bag my saints to other supporters outside my friendship circle - but here i can not only read others opinions on players, coaches, tactics, etc i can also occasionally vent my spleen.

A strong family sometimes argues and bullshits and insults one another - but as a family we understand all this piss boils down to love and loyalty.
We shouldn't censor ourselves for the sake of social desirability or politeness.

Hell i even enjoy some of the trolls (some)...if i don't like what a poster is saying to the point of not wanting the topic discussed i simply don't reply.

yipper
SS Life Member

saint66au wrote:With ya on this one AOK!!

Contrary to popular belief, having a bit of faith in your side isnt just mindless blind optimism. Its why Ive supported the Saints for 40 years through times a bloody sight tougher than this.

Theres a touch too much "Unless you are bagging the side and the coach you obviously arent watching the game and have no idea about football" attitude atm.

IMHO of course 8-)
Yep. Agree - a lot on here were obviously not around during the 80's when we were really shite, they all seem to think the world has ended cos we're losing games again. It will turn around - when and how is beyond our control. But the board is onto it - they are concerned.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:

IMHO of course 8-)
Yep. Agree - a lot on here were obviously not around during the 80's when we were really shite, they all seem to think the world has ended cos we're losing games again. It will turn around - when and how is beyond our control. But the board is onto it - they are concerned.
Bloody kids.

I've said it before, this forum reads more like a Crows fan forum...we would have been extatic to have picked up 5 wins halfway through a season during the 80's! I signed up here to discuss Saints stuff with Saints fans (being stranded here in Adelaide), but am a little disappointed to find that not everyone is as 'hardened' as I thought...there's some miserable bastards on here...stick fat and harden the f*** up SaintSational!

spert
Saintsational Legend

Saint supporters can be happy, frustrated, angry, or just want info, and being a forum, this is where you have a say.

I for one, am happy to vent my spleen about this year's poor on-field performances by the team, having been through the '80s where mediocrity and sub-standard performances were tolerated by members and the boards down at Moorabbin much to my disgust.

I do not want to see that attitude prevail at our club again and I would urge all supporters to make sure the bar is kept raised, and let the current board know that we expect 100% effort.

bob__71
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
bob__71 wrote:The real problem is that its a forum....
So where's the problem - it IS a forum.

I would never bag my saints to other supporters outside my friendship circle - but here i can not only read others opinions on players, coaches, tactics, etc i can also occasionally vent my spleen.

A strong family sometimes argues and bullshits and insults one another - but as a family we understand all this piss boils down to love and loyalty.
We shouldn't censor ourselves for the sake of social desirability or politeness.

Hell i even enjoy some of the trolls (some)...if i don't like what a poster is saying to the point of not wanting the topic discussed i simply don't reply.
Do you think that it is all OK when young kids 20/21 are having their character questioned, and abused by a pack of anonomous baying wolves. In a public forum.

Indeed desert saint would you like to be young Raph reading some of the s*** on here about him.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

we've turned into another richmond.....

no wonder most are starting not to care anymore, there is only so much s*** you can read about the team you love before it becomes too much.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote: Do you think that it is all OK when young kids 20/21 are having their character questioned, and abused by a pack of anonomous baying wolves. In a public forum.

Indeed desert saint would you like to be young Raph reading some of the s*** on here about him.
It's a fair point Bob_71. No i don't think it is okay, but it comes with the territory - it's up to individual posters - i think the players hear the same from the crowd and opposition (look at roo's comment to lovett).

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Solar wrote:we've turned into another richmond.....
If we lose to Freo on friday, no doubt people will be hurling their memberships onto the turf after the game.

There might even be some spitting on the coach!

Solar
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:
If we lose to Freo on friday, no doubt people will be hurling their memberships onto the turf after the game.

ever heard of creating a situation.....

you see the world a certain way, push people in certain ways so that their reaction suits your needs then sit back and suggest that you always knew the "truth".....

I would be appalled if this was the case, but the way some people are ramping up their spite I would not be suprised.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
bob__71
Club Player

desertsaint wrote:
bob__71 wrote: Do you think that it is all OK when young kids 20/21 are having their character questioned, and abused by a pack of anonomous baying wolves. In a public forum.

It's a fair point Bob_71. No i don't think it is okay, but it comes with the territory - it's up to individual posters - i think the players hear the same from the crowd and opposition (look at roo's comment to lovett).
The biggest difference that you have no recourse against the anon ones...and they are like an over representation of school yard bullies...but they pretend that they are there for some Nazi Germany like betterment of the football club.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

brown-coat wrote:

Yep...sounds like Richmond. Well, if Maxy starts yelling at other player on-field (ala Richo), the fans might as well turn into toothless morons too. Planning a merger, are we?

The Craw
Club Player

yipper wrote:

IMHO of course 8-)
And there it is in a nutshell..... oh well been there before so.... we will all roll over and have our tummys scratched.

I cannot for the life of me see how you are ok with the unmitigated crap being dealt out the moment.

The difference is that we knew the team of the 80's were ordinary to say the least but at least they gave it a red hot go. In stark contrast we what we have got now and what they are delivering is insipid and an absolute insult to all saints supporters.

Thats is the club as a whole.

Not Craw, CRAW!