Frankston move unsettling?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Frankston move unsettling?

I'm curious if others here think the proposed relocation from Moorabbin to Frankston is having an unsettling effect on the club, coupled with trying to adjust to a new coach and board..maybe a reason why the team doesn't seem together at the moment??

ben_fff
Club Player

I think it's more a combination of low morale, poor tactics used once we get on top of a team and some players not performing at their peak.

It happens to every team, I think it's more an onfield thing then anything and the new coach excuse holds no value now, the players and the coaching staff know they have to be accountable for how they perform and right now they aren't.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Frankston move unsettling?

spert wrote:I'm curious if others here think the proposed relocation from Moorabbin to Frankston is having an unsettling effect on the club, coupled with trying to adjust to a new coach and board..maybe a reason why the team doesn't seem together at the moment??
It may be causing problems for the admin but it would not have even crossed the players minds so there is another excuse we cant use. The board wouldnt have an effect either but the coach would be having a huge effect either positive or negitive.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

No i don't think there is any relationship between moving the future training facilities to Frankston and us playing like a VFL side now......

You can't assemble that many GOP's in the one team and expect to win,hence, the great Ross is talking up the kids,although he's not saying what plan C is if the kids fail to fire.......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

When you make a huge number of changes at once; Coach, Gameplan, Assistant Coach, Board, Football Director, VFL alignment, and so on, you make it extremely difficult to pinpoint any problems which may arise (and have arisen).

I honestly believe we should have kept at least one assistant coach on from the GT days, and that is one of my biggest issues. Cripps, Mifsud, Rendell - any of those guys would have been good to have around the club.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:When you make a huge number of changes at once; Coach, Gameplan, Assistant Coach, Board, Football Director, VFL alignment, and so on, you make it extremely difficult to pinpoint any problems which may arise (and have arisen).

I honestly believe we should have kept at least one assistant coach on from the GT days, and that is one of my biggest issues. Cripps, Mifsud, Rendell - any of those guys would have been good to have around the club.
Isn't it a 'fact of life' that new coaches tend to bring in their own team?
I would have thought that Lyon bringing in an all new team of assistants was 'par for the course'?

If I recall correctly when Blight got the sack GT started with a brand new team of assistants. I'm not sure if they all resigned or were replaced? I recall that Ken Hinkley quit and subsequently went to Geelong.

Another thing, didn't GT rplace most of his assistants (bar Bundy) almost on an annual basis? I have a feeling we would have 2 or 3 new ones every season?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Well Id hope not, seeing as there has been zero relocation done so far

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor