its offical i hate the split round !!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its offical i hate the split round !!!

damn footy tipping results not available !!! dreamteam results not compleate !! and only two games of footy this week :roll: :roll:
i hate the Split round !!!!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintm
Club Player

Can't understand why they don't split the round 4-4.

Any arguments about not being able to structure the next round are surely obsolete now given the fact that the draw is all over the place this year anyway.

Die Hard
Club Player

saintm wrote:Can't understand why they don't split the round 4-4.

Any arguments about not being able to structure the next round are surely obsolete now given the fact that the draw is all over the place this year anyway.
yup...its because the Scum, aka Collingwood, want the second half of the split round to themselves. As it stands they play Sydney in Sydney and up until a couple of years ago, its was a split round of 7 games one week and 1 game the next...guess who played in the 1 game!!? Not that I'm a bitter twisted angry prick, but is anyone else sick and tired of the Scum controlling a wee bit too much..???! Thyat may be the topic of my next thread!

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Die Hard wrote: yup...its because the Scum, aka Collingwood, want the second half of the split round to themselves. As it stands they play Sydney in Sydney and up until a couple of years ago, its was a split round of 7 games one week and 1 game the next...guess who played in the 1 game!!? Not that I'm a bitter twisted angry prick, but is anyone else sick and tired of the Scum controlling a wee bit too much..???! Thyat may be the topic of my next thread!
They can control all they want as far as i'm concerned,the whole competiton is tipped in their favour and still they cant win anything.They have 1 flag since 1960,the same as StKilda......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Die Hard wrote:yup...its because the Scum, aka Collingwood, want the second half of the split round to themselves. As it stands they play Sydney in Sydney and up until a couple of years ago, its was a split round of 7 games one week and 1 game the next...guess who played in the 1 game!!? Not that I'm a bitter twisted angry prick, but is anyone else sick and tired of the Scum controlling a wee bit too much..???! Thyat may be the topic of my next thread!
Not only are you angry but you are wrong.

Sydney gain all the gate receipts. For Collingwood, it's an interstate trip.

The general public's hatred of Collingwood is getting ridiculous now; they are to be targeted raising the bar? Talk about wallowing in mediocrity.

Collingwood make it happen. What are we doing off-field?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saints11
Club Player

Re: its offical i hate the split round !!!

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:damn footy tipping results not available !!! dreamteam results not compleate !! and only two games of footy this week :roll: :roll:
so do I :evil:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
Die Hard wrote:yup...its because the Scum, aka Collingwood, want the second half of the split round to themselves. As it stands they play Sydney in Sydney and up until a couple of years ago, its was a split round of 7 games one week and 1 game the next...guess who played in the 1 game!!? Not that I'm a bitter twisted angry prick, but is anyone else sick and tired of the Scum controlling a wee bit too much..???! Thyat may be the topic of my next thread!

The general public's hatred of Collingwood is getting ridiculous now; they are to be targeted raising the bar? Talk about wallowing in mediocrity.

18 games at the G, fewer interstate trips than all Vic sides and Collingwood "make it happen"

Nup.

The AFL does.

“Yeah….nah””
jill
Club Player

:lol: A perfect summing up Teflon!

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

The only thing I like about it is it allows injured players to lose 1 less game with a extra week to recover.

Die Hard
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:

You are wrong, wrong, wrong and naive. Collingwood couldn't give a toss for the gate receipts buddy - the fact that they are the only game on TV for a given weekend is more than Christmas for them. Its about getting their shite brand out into the community at the expense of all others. What better way to do that than have a monopoly on an entire weekend's fixture. Think about it and then give yourself a smack in the face for being an Everton supporter.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Die Hard wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

You are wrong, wrong, wrong and naive. Collingwood couldn't give a toss for the gate receipts buddy - the fact that they are the only game on TV for a given weekend is more than Christmas for them. Its about getting their shite brand out into the community at the expense of all others. What better way to do that than have a monopoly on an entire weekend's fixture. Think about it and then give yourself a smack in the face for being an Everton supporter.
Umm, there is Adeladie vs Geelong on Friday night on 7 - which could be a great match.

I reckon if we have to have a stupid split round, the AFL have got it right in this instance.

Remember this weekend is the middle of the School Hols in Victoria, so no matches in Melbourne makes sense.

Also, as there are only 4 games on 7 & 10 each round, we actually have 2 Friday nights and 2 Saturday nights on telly, so splitting it 4 and 4 would give the same result (although it would give 2 games each week for Foxtel rather than 4 and 0 as it is now).

The big opportunity IMO is to nab the Friday night fixture. We had it in 2005 vs Essendon and it was a sellout, and gave our club heaps of extra exposure given only 2 games on.

The Sydney Pies match seems locked in like farking Anzac Day and no footy on Good Friday so it won't change so long as Dimwit is in control.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Die Hard
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Die Hard wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

Umm, there is Adeladie vs Geelong on Friday night on 7 - which could be a great match.

I reckon if we have to have a stupid split round, the AFL have got it right in this instance.

Remember this weekend is the middle of the School Hols in Victoria, so no matches in Melbourne makes sense.

Also, as there are only 4 games on 7 & 10 each round, we actually have 2 Friday nights and 2 Saturday nights on telly, so splitting it 4 and 4 would give the same result (although it would give 2 games each week for Foxtel rather than 4 and 0 as it is now).

The big opportunity IMO is to nab the Friday night fixture. We had it in 2005 vs Essendon and it was a sellout, and gave our club heaps of extra exposure given only 2 games on.

The Sydney Pies match seems locked in like farking Anzac Day and no footy on Good Friday so it won't change so long as Dimwit is in control.
"Umm, there is Adeladie vs Geelong on Friday night on 7 - which could be a great match."
Agree, but if you re-read my initial comment the initial point made was that up until 2 years ago, Sydney and Scum played their game all on their lonesome as the second installment of the split round...and I do remember the Scum crying and pouting when the AFL decided to have one other game played their weekend to make it a trully even split round of 6 one week and 2 the next.

Die Hard
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
evertonfc wrote:

18 games at the G, fewer interstate trips than all Vic sides and Collingwood "make it happen"

Nup.

The AFL does.
Spot on!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: its offical i hate the split round !!!

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:damn footy tipping results not available !!! dreamteam results not compleate !! and only two games of footy this week :roll: :roll:
Definitely worth a thread.....

22 AFL games of football fixtured around Collingwood.

ANZAC, Queens, Split Round, Carlton/Richmond/Essendon/Melbourne twice.

Joke.