Gotta love The Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

my les foote
Club Player

Gotta love The Blake

Win it for HIM!
Batnoe

Have always admired Blakes courage... Never knew why he was bagged, he has finally gotten some fans with his continued efforts

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Nice to know the message of what this means over the next 4 weeks is front of mind for players.

class act Blake.

“Yeah….nah””
markinUSA
SS Life Member

That was a great article. Jason Blake's comments really impressed me.

Good to see we've got this kind of player in our side... it's all about the team.

I know I'll cheer a bit harder next time I see him, just because I appreciated his comments so much. (Mind you, I'd cheer hard anyway!)

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

Batnoe wrote:Have always admired Blakes courage... Never knew why he was bagged, he has finally gotten some fans with his continued efforts
Ditto, Batnoe. If everyone on our list went at it as hard as Blakey does, we'd never lose a game.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

He is going to have to play well tonight and in the ruck for some time - we do seem short on bigmen with respect to Collingwood. And I would still like to see Birss come in.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

It's amazing how quickly people change their opinion on players!!! Have always admired this guy has a great football brain but skill can let him down at times. Happy is in our team though and finally getting some recognition.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Have always admired Blakes courage... Never knew why he was bagged, he has finally gotten some fans with his continued efforts
He has always had great courage, and many other god qualities.

*great committment
*great clubman with good effort each game = very consistent
*great run
*great athelticism
*great versatilty enabling him to play many roles.
*was a useful tagger
*was a master of knowing when to run into space and receice (al Pecket) - would often sneak down forward to mark close to goal (but then miss an easy shot on goal).

But he let down the above with often poor disposal skills, and some poor brain fades where he turned the ball over. More often than not he made a crucial mistake or two most weeks which cost a goal or too and/or lost an easy scoring opportunity.

But what we have seen over the last two seasons is a new improved Jason Blake.

All his previous good qualities are still there in spades....BUT he has virtually elimated his weaknesses. Thse infmaous brain fades are gone, and he now makes no more erroers than what you would expect of a good player.. No longer each game do you expect a costly mistake.

When he gets a shot on goal, he is no longer the rabbit in the spotlight. He slots them.

Then add a new strength too.....his spoiling has now improved to the stage where I would rate him as our second best spoiler (maybe SOS has been an influence?)only being Max.

All players come into AFL with strengths and weaknesses.

Some such as Loewe get on top of their weakneses and improve. Others do not.

The Blake has stepped up...and congratulations to him for doing so.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I dont need johnny come lately journalists waking up to Blake's burgeoning stats and reputation.

He is our swiss army pocket knife. He can do it all.
And I have said it before, and I will say it again. Give me a bunch of guys that give 100% when they cross the white line, and I will beat your bunch of stars that coast through games.
It is why i will defend to my very last chiselled tooth the likes of Blake, CJ, Rix, mini.

Seeya
esaint66
SS Life Member

9 years on our list and he has finally found his place.

I am genuanly happy for him and i like watching him play as our "Mr Fix It", he plays the same tiype of game as me personally so i have always enjoyed watching him pay, but i have at tiimes got a little frustrated at him.