F@%k we are sh%t...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

F@%k we are sh%t...

theres nothing else to say

i struggle to understand how bad we are playing, collingwood have free players in our backline, free players in the middle, and free players in there forward line, how the hell is that possible!

and i have never seen a team get slaughtered in center clearences as much as we have been, its laughable

if this is the effort they're putting in to send Harvs off, he might as well go this week

pathetic

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Very painful loss.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

playing Collingwood without Shaw x 2, Rocca, Diday, O'Bree and with Cloke doing bugger all, AND WE CAN'T EVEN BEAT THEM!

my god

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Two games now 4th has been there for the taking and we have choked

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

bugger 4th, we'll struggle for the 8

not that it will matter anyway, serving up that kind of crap

i'm not sure which is worse, Ross Lyons defensive gameplan or Ross Lyon's no gameplan

backit
Club Player

We are easily nothing more than pretenders and will be with Ross Lyon as` our coach. We have no respect at the moment in ourselves or from anyone else. A`chance to grab the finals by the scruff of the neck and we can't deliver.

We `always say there is next year but next year will see us go further backwards.

Something For Kate
Club Player

what a bunch of cripples.

Jesus - Protect me from Your followers ....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dont worry people will say we beat Hawthorn and led the Cats and Bulldogs at quarter time so we must still be a good side.

Well they are wrong. We are average at best and anyone who even mentions the Cats in the same breath needs to take off their glasses.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

the worst thing is EVERYONE saw this coming since sunday night, and the coaching staff and players still couldn't get up for the game

Grrrrr
Club Player

I am at a fork in the road with this club...A proud member for over 20 years. But the crap that this club has served up over the past two years has tested my patience. I am constantly frustrated with the way the team go about their style of football, so much so that they are destroying my passion...

I left at half time tonight, I had seen enough. I am sick and tired of seeing long bombs into the forward line or picking out Milne as a focal point, I cannot understand why Lyon cannot counteract the constant switching of play from opposition sides in our forward line where teams seemingly set up constant scoring opprtunities.

:(

backit
Club Player

[quote] am at a fork in the road with this club...A proud member for over 20 years. But the crap that this club has served up over the past two years has tested my patience. I am constantly frustrated with the way the team go about their style of football, so much so that they are destroying my passion...

I left at half time tonight, I had seen enough. I am sick and tired of seeing long bombs into the forward line or picking out Milne as a focal point, I cannot understand why Lyon cannot counteract the constant switching of play from opposition sides in our forward line where teams seemingly set up constant scoring opprtunities.

That is an easy answer to your question on why Ross Lyon can't counteract it's because he can't coach doesn't know how and probably never will at this level.

Something For Kate
Club Player

You're a fool Grrrr. IT's not like they wanted to lose. Collingwood are just a really good side. And we're still in the eight. We could pull a few surprises in September. We're the dark horses.

Jesus - Protect me from Your followers ....
Grrrrr
Club Player

Something For Kate wrote:You're a fool Grrrr. IT's not like they wanted to lose. Collingwood are just a really good side. And we're still in the eight. We could pull a few surprises in September. We're the dark horses.
Hahaha...Collingwood are a really good side!? Okay, if you say so.

I do admire your optimism about the Saints though :)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Something For Kate wrote:You're a fool Grrrr. IT's not like they wanted to lose. Collingwood are just a really good side. And we're still in the eight. We could pull a few surprises in September. We're the dark horses.

Its great to be positive but please watch the game and see how bad we are at the moment.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

most laughable post of the year

Collingwood a really good side?!?!

the last month they have been deplorable, and they went into this game without Shaw x 2, Rocca, O'Bree and with Cloke doing nothing, HOW MUCH CRAPPER CAN THEY GET!

but they still do us.....

matrix
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:the worst thing is EVERYONE saw this coming since sunday night, and the coaching staff and players still couldn't get up for the game
yup sunday about 10 weeks ago......give or take a few.

StNoodles
Club Player

tonight made me f****** sick

StBean

If Ross Lyon is still coach next year I WILL NOT renew my membership. Sound like a sore loser ay?

Truth is, I have not been happy with the way we go about our footy for 1 year and 19 rounds. I'd die for the St Kilda Football Club but I cannot invest my hard-earned into such a negative environment.

Sure we have players whose skills are down, but its the attitude and effort, holding the ball up till all options are gone, kicking sideways and backwards, our general negative gameplan which does nothing for the players confidence. I would hate to be a young bloke in that team. How would I improve? :?

This surely has to be a reflection of the coach. Footy is an instinctive game and you're kidding yourself if you think any player has the natural instincts that I've mentioned above.

The Hawtorn match aside, even our wins have been nothing short of boring to watch.

I will suport our team with as much passion as ever, but at the moment I am gutted. All I want to see is a positive effort, we don't have to win but we need to know that the players AND the coaching staff have given us every oppurtunity to do so.

Sorry Ross, but you just don't get my vote.

Going to cry myself to sleep now. :cry:

JohnE
Club Player

Thank God I wasn't able to watch the game... thank you God... I feel sick.

Kourkoumelis & Beveridge & Traianidis Appreciation Society
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

~15 players not worthy of playing with Robert Harvey were out there on the field tonight.

I'm over the 2008 season. See you in march.

lefty
Club Player

Re: F@%k we are sh%t...

The_Dud wrote:theres nothing else to say

collingwood have free players in our backline, free players in the middle, and free players in there forward line, how the hell is that possible!

pathetic
This is what happens when you flood back, and guard space, not your opponent. Then to run up and try kick goals and run back to flood, eventually your going to become absolutely stuffed, and then it all turns to shite.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If Ross Lyon is still coach next year I WILL NOT renew my membership. Sound like a sore loser ay?
Yup..sore loser AND putting individuals ahead of the team

Might need every member we can get next year..but dont you worry...you just jump on your soapbox, dont mind those who stuck fat during the tough times, we'll cope (and are probably better off) without you

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Face it, our time has well past again and frankly I don't see a premiership in St. Kilda's near or fare future. We're just the club who doesn't know how to win one. We are the biggest c**k tease of the AFL. Who beats Hawthorne one week and then looses to virtually a WAFL team the next week. Granted, the Filth had all the media attention in the world to get them fired up and every bit of their pride was on the line. But that's just it, they took it. Everyone from the president to Mick Malthouse's dog was barking about how this was a "must win" game for them...and how did we respond? Not a peep from anyone involved with the red, white and black.

Wait, there was Harvey's retirement. The best the club could say was "get behind the Saints and give Banger a fairy tale ending"...WEAK!!! So bloody St. Kilda it makes me sick.

We're not good enough, plain and simple. I can blame Ross Lyon all I want, I think our situation would be just as bad if GT was still at the helm. We had our time, didn't take it and now it's back to the pain.

Banger made his choice to stick with the red, white and black but he's deserves better.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:bugger 4th, we'll struggle for the 8

not that it will matter anyway, serving up that kind of crap

i'm not sure which is worse, Ross Lyons defensive gameplan or Ross Lyon's no gameplan
...or the fact that we only see you when we lose with the same old "we're crap and the coach sucks" boring crap :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

StBean wrote:If Ross Lyon is still coach next year I WILL NOT renew my membership. Sound like a sore loser ay?

Truth is, I have not been happy with the way we go about our footy for 1 year and 19 rounds. I'd die for the St Kilda Football Club but I cannot invest my hard-earned into such a negative environment.
Bye bye. And please don't come back when we start winning. We don't need your type here.

You demand effort and commitment from coach and players, yet we lose and you're not prepared to walk the talk. Hypocrite.
:evil:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.