We're still under the radar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hawkesbury Saint
Club Player

We're still under the radar

When I heard Milk Maltshake crap on last week about 'poor Collingwood', 'things blown out of all proportion' and 'everyone hates us', I thought we were in trouble. :cry:

The fact is that we are under the radar because so many AFL clubs expect to beat us no matter who they play in the team! :(

Wet Toast did it, The Filth did it, Port nearly did it. How do they perform so well? They expect to beat us. These teams have had recent dominance and they expect they will win against us just as we expect to beat Carlton, Richmond and even Hawthorn!

Being under the radar in this case is a lack of respect.

What really troubles me is how the Filth can play with passion for two suspended drunks. For us Sainters we were playing for a club icon! :?

Now we face the Shockers! They are another team who would expect to beat us so I hold grave fears for next weekend. Will our boys just read the script or will they actually go out to make some history for themselves?

I'm not bitter just frustrated.

Bring in Birss and X please! Something new - now that's under the radar! :idea:

Saints Footy - Let all others follow.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

We aren't under the radar, other teams justs know how crap we really are. Can't kick, have no forward line, no backiline and a slow midfield. Shouldn't be near the 8 quite frankly.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Don't have grave fears about next week, Freo are the surest things of the year. We're the only team that Freo are capable of beating when they actually are expected to win.

We hate to admit it because it is painful but St Kilda has never been respected by other clubs because our players (outside of the obvious handful) will always roll over & take it instead of fighting for a win. We can occasionally fluke a tough win but you can always rely on another heartless performance being just around the corner.

Why we keep supporting this rabble is puzzling... St Kilda members have to be the most eternally optimistic in the AFL. Shelling out hundreds of dollars every year to pay for sub standard performances year after year.

But I'll do it again next year.