Eat Humble Pie

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loris
Saintsational Legend

Eat Humble Pie

I hope all the posters on this site who have been vitrolic about players like Jason Blake, Raph Clarke, James Gwilt etc now start to feel a little bit :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

All players take different times/stages to develop.... I have been disgusted over the years to read comments that Jason Blake is a 'space cadet' and only runs around getting on his own picking up cheap kicks.
And from other posters in Raph's first season that he was lazy. Never taking into account the adjustment he had to make in his lifestyle changes from NT to Vic and the injury problems he had to contend with for so long ( and now we know of his eplipsy difficulties).
Poor James Gwilt he burst onto the scene so amazingly in his first two games. Poor bugger...you expected that to continue effortlessly. Come on now he wasn't a first or second round draft pick, so why weren't you magnaminous enough to let the lad have time to develop without carping on every mistake he made when he did get a game?

Well done Jason Blake there have been many of us over the last 4-5 years that have appreciated your endeavours and watched your development and saw in you what 2 COACHES have no doubt seen in iyou and we have sung your praises for years. I chuckled tonight when I heard a post TV commentary about how the two that the Saints were concerned about before the game were Nick Reiwoldt and Jason Blake as they were SO vital to the team. YEAH Jason Blake is at long last being recognised for the value that he is to this side and mentioned in the same breath as Roo!!!!!! Good He has played a part - what ever role he has been asked to over the years & never allowed to settle in one role - HOW HARD IS THAT????) Now even the media is begining to talk of the value he is to this side. Well Done Jason Blake some of us never doubted you :P

So give the Jason Blakes, the Jimmy Gwilts, and the Raph Clarke's etc of our team time to develop..............don't write them off too early.....I just love it when the the "whipping boys" come back to bite the negative, losers of this site on their collective bums :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Im still waiting for the weekly 'trade kosi thread'... Also interchange kosi for Dal, and normal coverage resumes.... :roll:

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Good one Loris, always been a Blakey fan and he did well tonight. Great stuff. Great games by all on the back line though.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Good on you Loris. I've been thinking the same myself for a few weeks now

But I'm not in a position to stand on the high moral ground, because I was too quick to write off Lyon

BTW, I haven't seen anyone suggest this yet, but I'm wondering if Westaway might not deserve a bit of a pat on the back too

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

it was also great to see JB showing leadership in the back line...

is clearly the most improved player this year and could easily finish top 6 in b and f

has come along way since that pies game when he froze at half back and we threw it away

fqf

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i think a lot of people will be eating humble pie, including those of us who raged at ross lyon, those who said the list needs a complete overhaul, those who switched to essendon mid season and keep rolling new characters here to troll the forum :lol:

certainly we did play riskier football, we kicked it to the goal square and kosi or riewoldt either took the mark or contested.

lots of turn overs but the weight of goal pressure in the end saw us over.

interestingly the pies had almost as many shots at goal as us (we ran threw a fair few rushed), but choked in front of goals, it could have been so different if they got their usual quota of BS goals.

we do have a good list and we have a competent coach.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!