Wakelin's Tribute

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Duggie1
Club Player

Wakelin's Tribute

I warmed to Wakelin's action after the end when he rounded up his team mates for a tribute to Harvs. Had it not been for him the gaggle of defeated Pies would have slunk away. Even so not all of them fronted up for it.
Anyway, how many "farewells" will the great man have to stand for? A maximum of two if we make the GF of course but I reckon he would be wanting to skip it all. :lol:

Always a Saint
Ali92
Club Player

Yeah- fantastic gesture by Wakelin +the rest of the Pie team...you just lost your dream and you can still be so gracious- it's a huge effort, well done to them...

Global Warming? don't you dare question this or you'll be called a heretic...remember the Catholic Church in the Middle Ages? "the earth is flat !!!"
I thought science was all about finding the truth and asking questions...why do we all have to believe what we are told ffs ????
saintbob
SS Life Member

Great sportmanship by the Pies, especially Wakelin.

philip
Club Player

Re: Wakelin's Tribute

Duggie1 wrote:Had it not been for him the gaggle of defeated Pies would have slunk away. Even so not all of them fronted up for it.
It was an amazing gesture and completely unnecessary. The ability to farewell one of the games all time champions after their season was ended like that is an unbelievablely awesome gesture, especially that Wakes seems to be retiring too. I also thought it was quite humbling to see Malthouse take the time to be there and shake the great man's hand.

On the flip side, I thought it was disappointing that i didnt see any saints players (other than Harvs) go up to Wakes, but will give them the benefit of the doubt in that they didn't know. remember we would have had a number of guys who played with him!
Duggie1 wrote:Anyway, how many "farewells" will the great man have to stand for? A maximum of two if we make the GF of course but I reckon he would be wanting to skip it all. :lol:
now we are starting to make more sense but as said above, it says much about the great man's standing in the game that other teams are prepared to farewell him in that fashion.

I want to meet girlong again to teach them some humility. they have quickly forgotten how long they were down in the dumps and their (read- Scarlett's) attitude towards harv's left a bad memory. if we do beat the hawks, it should be used as motivation.

philip

p.s. to all filth supporters, well done to your team, credit to your club!

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wakelin's Tribute

philip wrote:On the flip side, I thought it was disappointing that i didnt see any saints players (other than Harvs) go up to Wakes, but will give them the benefit of the doubt in that they didn't know. remember we would have had a number of guys who played with him!
After the game Max seemed to make a special effort with Wakelin - Kosi spoke with him too, although I imagine that was because they were direct opponents.

SaintWal
Club Player

Awesome,

It makes the Cats incident even more baffling. Retribution will be sweet

SainterX
Club Player

Anything in Maxy being beside Harvs as they were just about to leave the guard of honor? :(

A true king doesn't glass his girlfriend.
A true king doesn't smear his blood on an opponent when he cannot break a tag.
A true king does not label umpires disgraceful.
A true king is Robert Harvey.