The "promo" for this weeks game......

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

The "promo" for this weeks game......

Has anyone else seen it?

When will the media get tired of getting on its knees like a cheap whore and blowing Lance Franklin?

Unless im mistaken there will be 44 players taking the field on Saturday night, incuding a 380+ game legend, not just 1 overblown, over-rated, flavour of the month hype machine.

Pathetic effort IMHO

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
St Michele
Club Player

The promo for the whole finals does not even mention the Saints but they will regret it when we stand there with the cup!!
Michele

saintvic
Club Player

I agree, it made me sick when i saw the channel 10 Promo, it is insulting

to our playerts and our supporters.

They didnt even show any footage of the saints, it was all about

Buddy.

Hope Max shuts him down like the last time we played them.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I have still preffered the Ch ten opening to their finals games to Ch seven's

BUt seven have the G/F :?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
esaint66
SS Life Member

Yeah i was just talking about that, they don't give us a hpe in hell ... suits me fine though :wink:

Beekay
SS Life Member

As much as I am sick of the media blowing Franklin every 5 minutes, I am just as sick of people calling Franklin overrated or making ridiculous calls like you just made such as "flavour of the month".

The guy has the potential to be the best AFL player of all time. He is 21 and kicked over 100 goals in a season.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

in case you hadn't noticed, buddy has gone ok this year.
we are the massive underdogs (the way i like it) and
the hawks have looked the only real challenger to gelong this year.

the more they hype him up, the harder it will be for them to believe when he falls to max.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Exactly....look at the bright side, as it suits us going in underdogs!

Buddy is the coleman medallist and a very good footballer.

But we all know that we have a certain captain, who is well able to take contested marks and nail set shots. Never mind this second and third effort business at ground level, he will take the mark and kick goals!

Go Saints!

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I am of course aware that Buddy is a very very good player. But the media seems to have a permanant boner for him that hypes him up way more that he should be.

My call of flavour of the month is valid. He is the MEDIA's flavour of the month, I obviously realise he is a champion in the making. However The media picks a player every so often and hypes the daylights out of them.

THAT is waht I ment by flavour of the month

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:I am of course aware that Buddy is a very very good player. But the media seems to have a permanant boner for him that hypes him up way more that he should be.

My call of flavour of the month is valid. He is the MEDIA's flavour of the month, I obviously realise he is a champion in the making. However The media picks a player every so often and hypes the daylights out of them.

THAT is waht I ment by flavour of the month

BANG BANG
Understand your frustration at the media hype Hurricane. Haven't seen the promos but I'm guessing it involves lots of slo-mo snippets of Franklin edited into a montage set to some music with an accompanying voiceover delivered in a voice that is seriously bass enhanced with a touch of reverb.
Like Channel 7 did ad nauseum for the Olympics. They just can't help themselves.
That said I can also understand the obsession with Buddy. He is just about the most exciting player to energe since G. Ablett senior and Plugger IMO.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Buddy has never tasted failure... He plays with fun and enthusiam that commentators marvel at, but this is because he has never crashed down to earth...

Even last year when they lost the semi, the Hawks wern't going as well as they are now, and overall it was a good effort... When they taste defeat this week, Buddy will look failure square in the eye, and it is yet to be seen if he can stand upto it...

Roo has seen it before, as have most of our boys... 2 straight prelim losses (1 at home), cuts like nothing but a premiership defeat...

This is the time real pressure will be applied and the men will be sorted from the boys... We have the experience and have done our apprentiship... We will win... saints by 34....

Beekay
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:Buddy has never tasted failure... He plays with fun and enthusiam that commentators marvel at, but this is because he has never crashed down to earth...

Even last year when they lost the semi, the Hawks wern't going as well as they are now, and overall it was a good effort... When they taste defeat this week, Buddy will look failure square in the eye, and it is yet to be seen if he can stand upto it...

He is 21 in an up and coming team that will be in the hunt for at least the next few years. GIVE ME A F@#KING BREAK!

He will lick his wounds, hit the beach, come back and kick another hundred goals.

He has too much arrogance and belief in himself to let a prelim loss hurt him in anyway.

No matter what any of his opponents say to him, he can simply say "mate, I s*** on you as a footballer".

Injuries would be the only thing that would stop this kid any time soon.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

he's a superstar in the making and as far as i'm concerned the more attention that goes on him this week the better it is for us.

i'm surprised he's been able to avoid more media scrutiny over the puzzling "emotional and walking among cars in grey street st kilda" incident during the hawks' week off.

i'm not surprised that hawthorn has swept it under the carpet, but one wonders of the consequences for a lesser player.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I have still preffered the Ch ten opening to their finals games to Ch seven's

BUt seven have the G/F :?
Yeh i dont want Ch7 do the GF but then i thought at least we wont have commentators who despise us.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
carnasaints55
Club Player

can someone post a link to the promo? or just copy it in here?

roo=god
degruch
Saintsational Legend

It's bloody (or is it buddy?) hilarious! They'll look very silly if Buddy and the Hawks get a pantsing by...erm...who was that team again?

midas_touch
Club Player

I hope Quartermain has a few spare pairs of pants handy in the commentary box, things could get messy if Buddy get off to a good start.

But in all seriousness, I'd rather have all the attention focussed on the Hawks and for us to just quietly go about our business, only to deliver when it matters.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

He's kicked eight goals in week one and 100 for the season - and he might be the most exciting player in the game's history.

I saw him live in that game and he was absolutely electric. It was unbelievable.

FFS, I'd be doing it too if I was 10.

I couldn't give a toss if they give their attention to him at this stage. What we need is a premiership.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Re: The "promo" for this weeks game......

Hurricane wrote:Has anyone else seen it?

When will the media get tired of getting on its knees like a cheap whore and blowing Lance Franklin?

Unless im mistaken there will be 44 players taking the field on Saturday night, incuding a 380+ game legend, not just 1 overblown, over-rated, flavour of the month hype machine.

Pathetic effort IMHO

BANG BANG
I think Harvey and Riewoldt have had a very decent run in the media, particularly Harvey. The West Australian had a photo and some information about the star player from each of the clubs in the Prelim (Harvey, Buddy, Ablett, Cooney from memory), Riewoldt has had a dozen articles about him in the last few days (bearing in mind that in WA only Fremantle and West Coast exist this is quite an achievement).

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would have thought they would go with some our young players like Gwilt or Eddy ahead of Franklin.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I would have thought they would go with some our young players like Gwilt or Eddy ahead of Franklin.
well this is what s***s me..the afl and the media just can't see how great these blokes are and they focus on the wrong people.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Goddard talked about certain Saints players being the whipping boys of the media. I would go further and say the Saints have been the whipping board of the AFL, media, other teams and other supporters since forever and personally I am sick of it. We have had enough success in recent times to earn respect. But no, not to even include us in the Finals promotion is an insult. :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:We have had enough success in recent times to earn respect. But no, not to even include us in the Finals promotion is an insult. :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
one that ross will be emphasising strongly to the boys, i hope. it's good ammunition.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

care factor???????....shrugs.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

You talking about the one after the Collingwood game? the one that said "Buddy is waiting" ??