Saturday September 20th - the last step..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

yipper
SS Life Member

Saturday September 20th - the last step..

One more game to play to determine who is in the Grand Final - can it be? Will there be a fairy tale end to the most extroardinary AFL season I can remember?

A win on Saturday night will put us in the Grand final for only the 2nd time since 1971. And launch an amazing week for me / all of us. I have everything organised for GF tickets. I have some time off during the week - to enable me to experience GF week celebrations in the city - which I will do in earnest. I will get to whatever public session will be held for training at Moorabbin. I will eat, sleep, breathe footy all week. I will be thankful Rob Harvey plays just one more game for St Kilda - and what a game it will be.

Make it happen, just make it happen Saints. Let's all do our part and cheer on this amazing footy team coached by a shrewd, tough assed coach in Rossy Lyon. And being led brilliantly on-field by Nick Riewoldt and Lenny Hayes. 2008 - the year of the SAINTS???

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
HarveysDeciple

it would be incredible....but somewhere in the back of my mind it all seems like it's falling into place.

Back in 2004 and 2005 I could not picture St.Kilda being involved in Grand Final week in the lead up to the prelims. No matter how hard I tried.

I can now for some reason, it's a wierd feeling.

Very confident and I have no idea why.

I have next Friday off too so if we make it, it's straight to the parade.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Whatever happens this week. To finish (at least) top 4 is amazing. I think we match up well against the Hawks & can beat them. Can't even think of a GF until 10.30 Saturday night.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Halo Halo
Club Player

In 2004 & 05 I felt confident, maybe a little cocky about it - but in 08.. It seems so far away.

Im starting to get nervous, starting to get excited & praying we go further than I planned & ever expected!

It's so close, can almost touch it!

I reckon bring on Saturday night.. Either way will probably end in some tears & a whole lotta drinking!!