Lenny Hayes.....visibly shattered

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Lenny Hayes.....visibly shattered

after chairing Banger off.......I found it hard to watch...

Hayes is a Warrior who needs to take on the legacy left by the great man..

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

I saw that too, looked like it hit him real hard

Pilgram
Club Player

nothing wrong with a bit of emotion.
if more men played like lenny the world would be a better place.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

I saw that too.

The players love him as much as we do; probably more.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
battye
Saintsational Legend

In the rooms afterwards it looked like a lot of people were distressed. Goddard visibly, Riewoldt, Clarke, Milne, Hayes...

RL could have been a little better in his post match interview. Harvey hasn't been a "contributor to the team", he has been a star player and a champion for 21 years. I guess he had to be seen as keeping it together though.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If Ross Lyon called Harves a contrbutor...he is a horses arse....show some F***en respect and stop speaking in cliche's......the seasons over......tell it how it is....

Robert Harvey WAS an ornament to the game.....it was the last presser he will do mentioning harves....and he called him a CONTRIBUTOR...FFS

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Actually Clarko did him more justice......

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I was starting to choke up myself.

Well done Banger! Rest up and relax!
You're a legend and a Champion!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
maverick
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If Ross Lyon called Harves a contrbutor...he is a horses arse....show some F***en respect and stop speaking in cliche's......the seasons over......tell it how it is....

Robert Harvey WAS an ornament to the game.....it was the last presser he will do mentioning harves....and he called him a CONTRIBUTOR...FFS
He said more than that BM, his words on Harvs were as good as it gets.
Admiration does not go far enough, off the cuff RL was spot on.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

maverick wrote:
BigMart wrote:If Ross Lyon called Harves a contrbutor...he is a horses arse....show some F***en respect and stop speaking in cliche's......the seasons over......tell it how it is....

Yep i heard the same as you maverick, Lyons words were nothing but respect for Banger

Before Im 85
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

FFS, it's about the team. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
battye
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:

To me when he said that all players retire, it just seemed like the sort of thing you'd say followed by "get over it". I wasn't impressed with what RL had to say, but maybe he was just trying to limit what he was saying or maybe I misinterpreted it or took it the wrong way... a bit like when he compared Harvey to Ratten and Bradley I think it was. Not an insult, but it's sort of like a slap in the face I thought.

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

You had 22 players just get pumped in a prelim. Why would the coach just talk up Harvey? Ok, he's a legend and we all know that... and I'm sure RL does too.

35 is just 1 cog in a team.

I think we can be a bit precious.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
maverick
Saintsational Legend

battye wrote:
maverick wrote:

To me when he said that all players retire, it just seemed like the sort of thing you'd say followed by "get over it". I wasn't impressed with what RL had to say, but maybe he was just trying to limit what he was saying or maybe I misinterpreted it or took it the wrong way... a bit like when he compared Harvey to Ratten and Bradley I think it was. Not an insult, but it's sort of like a slap in the face I thought.
The bit I heard was Harvs doing the presser with RL after the game, and a reporter asked RL what he thought of Banger and this is where he said he admired him as a player when he was playing and his legacy will be with the STKFC forever more.

RL may talk in monotone, but the words he use are strong.

georgie girl
Club Player

The moronic Hawks supporters behind our bench were really annoying all the Saints fans around us with their constant harassing of Lenny everytime he came off! They would even stop cheering their own team to get stuck into him! Bet they would love to have in the Hawks colours!

MasonCJ2
Club Player

RL has never been a great one for communication - doesn't faze me that much - I'm sure he was more glowing to the player group. And Lenny is an absolute star - just feel guttered for blokes like him and Max ... wonder how poor Bally feels after missing out.

We are a sniff
The_Merchant
Club Player

battye wrote:
maverick wrote:

To me it looked like RL had a tear in his eye when he was talking about Harves. He gave him the respect he deserves IMHO.

If at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you.
siamang

I see Lenny Hayes break down as a legend of our club retires, this is cut short by a shot of a smiling Jeff Kennett. I think about all unfairness in the world.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:You had 22 players just get pumped in a prelim. Why would the coach just talk up Harvey? Ok, he's a legend and we all know that... and I'm sure RL does too.

agree..lets wank off and possibly jizz over one player in a prelim...that won;'st win games...

jesus thank christ he is a gone...now we can win it for noone but the club...not some player

i bet lyon is relieved tonight

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:You had 22 players just get pumped in a prelim. Why would the coach just talk up Harvey? Ok, he's a legend and we all know that... and I'm sure RL does too.

agree..lets wank off and possibly jizz over one player in a prelim...that won;'st win games...

jesus thank christ he is a gone...now we can win it for noone but the club...not some player

Had to be said. Now lets not make Rooy our next super hero. Its a team sport.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Had to be said. Now lets not make Rooy our next super hero. Its a team sport.
jesus christ wait to be hunted and shot

i said it...oh no...i did

captain rooey 384 game-er....all go!!!

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Harsh but true. Agree with Plugger re: Roo too...this martyrdom crap has to stop. Gawd bless Harvs, I wish we had a whole team who put in his effort, but then...shouldn't we expect a whole team to put in a Harvey-esque effort???

Richter
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:......stop speaking in cliche's......the seasons over......tell it how it is....

Robert Harvey WAS an ornament to the game.
Cos you never talk in cliches do you Big Mart.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Ii bet lyon is relieved tonight
I can't believe what you have just said. I only hope you want to edit this in the morning.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

The_Merchant wrote:
To me it looked like RL had a tear in his eye when he was talking about Harves. He gave him the respect he deserves IMHO.
I Haven't seen it yet - but did hear it and I agree there was definite sadness in his voice as he said 'OUR team' not the team or this team but OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107