ST Kilda vs Collingwood Monday Night next year

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

azza12
Club Player

ST Kilda vs Collingwood Monday Night next year

3AW just announced that the saints will be taking on the pies on a Monday Night next year not on a public holiday on the day after mothers day
Last edited by azza12 on Tue 21 Oct 2008 7:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I hope it's a Collingwood home game....

Then i can give it a miss and watch it on the TV......

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I hope it's a Collingwood home game....

Then i can give it a miss and watch it on the TV......
But on your 16-game membership, you can go without having to worry about filling their coffers :)

And you can cheer on our guys in a crunch game where we need them to perform.

Mothers' Day should feature a West Coast home match (always sellouts) and one of Hawthorn's Launceston matches.

If you need something in Melbourne, make it a North Melbourne home match against a low-drawing opponant. So they normally get 22,000 to a home game against Port? Now they'll get 20,000 - a fairly low percentage change, but who knows, some footy tragics will go if it's the only game in Melboune.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Yeah reckon it will be the Pies home game at the G No point testing the Monday night concept with this game at TD..they'd get 48,000 if it was played at 8 AM on Monday morning

Well..we wanted a niche game for ourselves..so maybe weve got one..but no doubt Eddiewood will get all the credit for "breaking new ground" :roll:

Monday night footy will ge a given once GC and WS enter the comp

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
But on your 16-game membership, you can go without having to worry about filling their coffers :)
Oh YES YOU DO

How it works is this; The game is a Collingwood Home game. A St Kilda 16 game member swipes his/her membership card on the way in to the ground. This is counted seperately then Collingwood sends St Kilda a Bill for that members admission into the game. The same works in reverse.

Some clubs have private arrangements in place; ie; Melb & Coll but I don't know of any such arrangements that we have in place !!

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Don't really think it will take off, but if they leave it as a 3-4 time a year novelty fixture (Monday night, not saints-pies), then it could probably maintain decent crowds, particularly with the inception of 2 new teams.

The Saints are coming!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

will be the way of the future with two new teams coming in. Will be terrible for crowds but great for TV

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
i_luv_nick_riewoldt
SS Life Member

I personally hate the idea! I know the rugby do it but i couldn't think of anything worse than going on a Monday Night!! Just wouldn't have the same atmosphere! It's a weekend thing god dammit!!

For tv purposes it will be great but for all those who live nearby but dont have the time or effort to go it will be a wasted opportunity!!

Go saints in '09!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
Oh YES YOU DO

How it works is this; The game is a Collingwood Home game. A St Kilda 16 game member swipes his/her membership card on the way in to the ground. This is counted seperately then Collingwood sends St Kilda a Bill for that members admission into the game. The same works in reverse.

Some clubs have private arrangements in place; ie; Melb & Coll but I don't know of any such arrangements that we have in place !!
I was under the belief we still nabbed an admin cut that we wouldn't get if our fans bought tickets at the gate.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

St Marcus
Club Player

i_luv_nick_riewoldt wrote:I personally hate the idea! I know the rugby do it but i couldn't think of anything worse than going on a Monday Night!! Just wouldn't have the same atmosphere! It's a weekend thing god dammit!!

For tv purposes it will be great but for all those who live nearby but dont have the time or effort to go it will be a wasted opportunity!!
Agree but I will still go, despite the inconvenience of a weekday

I know the Storm get a very good crowd (by their standards) on a Monday night

Also we will have the advantage of increased media exposure and TV ratings, being the only 2 teams playing, so that could be a plus for us (and our sponsors)

On the Ball
Club Player

We also play five interstate teams in the first five rounds,
nine Sunday matches
and I think only one Friday night match.
and only one match at the MCG

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

[quote="On the Ball"]We also play five interstate teams in the first five rounds,
nine Sunday matches
and only one match at the MCG[/quote

this cannot be right. ONE friday, NINE sunday?? f*** that, Ill be missing plenty. Thats a dog of a draw and the club shouldnt stand for it, unless they are weak as piss, whcih is on the cards.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
On the Ball wrote:We also play five interstate teams in the first five rounds,
nine Sunday matches

this cannot be right. ONE friday, NINE sunday?? f*** that, Ill be missing plenty. Thats a dog of a draw and the club shouldnt stand for it, unless they are weak as piss, whcih is on the cards.
If we only play one Friday night match and NINE Sunday matches I would be spewing as well...

Love the Saturday day or night matches myself

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Obviously Eddie and the gang (Dimwit) will not have to go to work the next morning, and knowing Connex they'll come up with some guff like "we don't run extra trains on a Monday night. Why? Answer: Cos"

Don't worry about the families with kids, or our more senior supporters who will even be more reluctant to travel into the city on a week night.

Don't worry the NRL has dropped it's Monday night games because it's been a disaster.

It's not about the fans, it's about the TV ratings, which means even if you stay home to watch the game you'll still be up to midnight courtesy of the Channel 7 broadcast.

One question for asking at the AGM as to why the club agreed to it.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
nine Sunday matches

If we only play one Friday night match and NINE Sunday matches I would be spewing as well...

Id like to knoe where he got his info from! Ill boycott most of next year if thats the case. Ridiculous draw, if so.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
iwantmeseats wrote:
nine Sunday matches

Id like to knoe where he got his info from! Ill boycott most of next year if thats the case. Ridiculous draw, if so.
Well the posters nic is "On the Ball"....

Lets hope the poster is off the ball on this occasion

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

seriously, wouldnt anyone be less than mightily pissed off with a draw like that? Its a dog of a disgrace that concept. Melbourne should paly most sunday games, they couldnt pull the skin off a custard in terms of crowds. We kill them. Sundays are for them.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

I am led to believe that an e-mail was sent out to all members as to their preference for next years fixture....

Members were asked what days and times they preferred ....

I never received this e-mail and am p1ssed off...

I wonder how many other members did not received that e-mail?? :x

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

I never got it either! Bloody hell! Then again, the club just recently spent 10's of thousands to mail every member to ask How long they have been a member so they can put it on the mem. cards FFS! No one has backed up the database. Douchbags! And who f****** cares if you have a number on ya card, WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!

So, no Im not surprised I didnt get it. Anyone know what they are doing down there. FF are turning out to be bugger all better than the last mob.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:I never got it either! Bloody hell! Then again, the club just recently spent 10's of thousands to mail every member to ask How long they have been a member so they can put it on the mem. cards FFS! No one has backed up the database. Douchbags! And who f****** cares if you have a number on ya card, WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!

So, no Im not surprised I didnt get it. Anyone know what they are doing down there. FF are turning out to be bugger all better than the last mob.
huh?

they are updating their databases, getting things into order, doing something nice for the long term members (perhaps encouraging people to sign up to keep this going) and all you can do is spit chips over a rumour written on a fan forum :roll:

FQF
In richo I trust

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

nah, doing something nice for me? I dont think so! How important is having the number of years you have been a member printed on your card?! Seriously! Its of ZERO importance, yet they spend probably $20,000 plus to find out this very important information. Absolute joke, bunch of dickheads making decisions down there at the moment. No way round it.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote: huh?

they are updating their databases, getting things into order, doing something nice for the long term members (perhaps encouraging people to sign up to keep this going) and all you can do is spit chips over a rumour written on a fan forum :roll:
Did you receive that e-mail for preferences of days/nights and times??

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Calm down people..grain of salt...grain of salt...

Theres already been one press report saying that we are among the top 3 or 4 friday night game recipients, and I dont think the AFL are gonna give a Top 4 side with the highest TV watching figures (someone quoted that a while back) nine Sunday TV graveyard games

The five Interstate clubs first off isnt a biggie if true..would rather get Interstate trips (there'd be two you think) out of the way earlier in the season anyway

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Solar
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

no but I'm willing to bet that the club is smart enough to ask for lots of friday and saturday nights to get the best exposure for the sponsors. Not sure why people jump up and down about such things...

FQF
In richo I trust

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

no but I'm willing to bet that the club is smart enough to ask for lots of friday and saturday nights to get the best exposure for the sponsors. Not sure why people jump up and down about such things...
I am NOT jumping up and down, but Eastern had stated about 4 weeks ago that an e-mail was posted to all members about their preference...

You did not receive on nor I....

It's not just exposure to sponsors it is also about attracting membership with work commitments and preferences ...

Don't tell me the club considers it's sponsors First and the members second...