Nathan Carroll

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Nathan Carroll

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 42,00.html

Bit of a mongrel.....might be handy?

Didn't see this posted anywhere else....

ThomasR
Club Player

Uh oh

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Please no.

I'd rather Eljay Connors at full back than Carroll.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have a family friend's son at Melbourne and this guy is trouble with a capital d**khead. Hope this is paper talk but from the sounds of it he will be with us next year. Wasnt good enough to get a game with Melbourne. This is clearly a bad move. Please do not get another reject from another club.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Is there any reject we're not looking at? :roll:

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

We're copping all this flack for wanting to pick up someone who has a drug problem.
I'd rather take Ben Cousins with his issues than Nathan Caroll whose attitude within a club and as a team player means he could create a whole lot of trouble.
No that NC :evil: ,
:D yes to BC

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Does anybody else think of the motorbike guy from the Village People when they see him?

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

If they want a back up defender why not Zac Dawson?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Great move.

Goose is still a long way off according to reports and may never get back. Dempster is out until 2010, Max is just about to hang up the boots, and Ross wants to free Sam Fisher up more.

he will cost no more than $120k for a season as the Dees have to pay half of his salary (they still have him on contract for a year).

Look I cant stand him and think he is an A grade d**khead, but I dont want him to be my friend, I want to to fill a position. If he doesn't well flick him.

About time you precious lot of nuffies realise that taking a player to fill a gap while you mature a list is not a bad thing.

Wake up.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
spiral2
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Great move.

Goose is still a long way off according to reports and may never get back. Dempster is out until 2010, Max is just about to hang up the boots, and Ross wants to free Sam Fisher up more.

he will cost no more than $120k for a season as the Dees have to pay half of his salary (they still have him on contract for a year).

Look I cant stand him and think he is an A grade d**khead, but I dont want him to be my friend, I want to to fill a position. If he doesn't well flick him.

About time you precious lot of nuffies realise that taking a player to fill a gap while you mature a list is not a bad thing.

Wake up.
problem is I've never seen any evidence that he's a good player...

28 years old and leaks goals like a sieve + attitude problem
can't see the point. if we want a back up GOP defender why not take someone like Silvagni from scorps, same or better ability, young and no baggage

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Is Shane Woewodin still available?

saint1974
Club Player

Maybe we can talk one of the Wakelins out of retirement.

No to Nathan Carrol spoke to some inside Melbourne supporters said he was trouble not a great clubman.

At least B.C can play

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saint1974 wrote:Maybe we can talk one of the Wakelins out of retirement.

No to Nathan Carrol spoke to some inside Melbourne supporters said he was trouble not a great clubman.

At least B.C can play

I'm no fan of Carroll - i don't recall him ever playing well other than that elim final when G-Train rolled his ankle trying to dodge him on the mark, but he has been full-back in the worst team of the last decade, and often been forced to play a lone hand in a defense that has no defenders.

These same 'insiders' from Melbourne seem quite happy about keeping other d***heads like Sylvia and McLean, so their comments about Carroll may be tainted by the view that he is in dispute with MFC?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spiral2 wrote: if we want a back up GOP defender why not take someone like Silvagni from scorps, same or better ability, young and no baggage
Are you serious???

silvagni?????

Not anywhere near AFL standard. Good VFL ordinary player thats it. Wall is a better player and he was cut from our list.

Carroll fulfills a need thats all. Nothing more nothing less.

Silvagni - lol.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintWodonga
Club Player

No thanks,, even for nothing.. NO!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
saint1974 wrote:Maybe we can talk one of the Wakelins out of retirement.

At least B.C can play

I'm no fan of Carroll - i don't recall him ever playing well other than that elim final when G-Train rolled his ankle trying to dodge him on the mark, but he has been full-back in the worst team of the last decade, and often been forced to play a lone hand in a defense that has no defenders.

These same 'insiders' from Melbourne seem quite happy about keeping other d***heads like Sylvia and McLean, so their comments about Carroll may be tainted by the view that he is in dispute with MFC?
Agreed. He is not Matthew Scarlett as a player, but may rival him in the d**khead stakes :wink:

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintWodonga wrote:No thanks,, even for nothing.. NO!
:roll: :roll:

Thanks for that insight, great input :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

IMHO we are just liek George Clooney.

Linked with every dud and reject just so the scribes have something to write about.

99.9% of it is pure shite

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

If he was an elite defender with a bit of screw loose fine, but he's not. IMHO the good is outweighed heavily by the bad.

I know the Dees played the kids all year, but do we really want a 28 y/o nuffie who couldnt get a regular game in the clearly worst side last year?

His on-field discipline is as bad as his off-field, his body language sometimes makes Richo look like Harvs by comparison. Is thrown off his game by the slightest bit of sledging. I still have memories of him turning his back on play that was no more than 50m away to continue a verbal stoush with a bloke in the crowd. I honestly think he'd have trouble gaining the respect of our playing group. He's that much of a goose...and omly a GOP to boot

Hope he likes that Sandy jumper cos I reckon he'd see a bit of it sadly

Prefer (any) others.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Saints94
SS Life Member

Would have him if he can cure his problems

spert
Saintsational Legend

We don't need another ordinary player -no way!

spiral2
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
spiral2 wrote: if we want a back up GOP defender why not take someone like Silvagni from scorps, same or better ability, young and no baggage
Are you serious???

silvagni?????

Not anywhere near AFL standard. Good VFL ordinary player thats it. Wall is a better player and he was cut from our list.

Carroll fulfills a need thats all. Nothing more nothing less.

Silvagni - lol.
Carroll are you serious? Proven AFL dud and a d-head to boot.

what need does Carrol fulfil, crap defender?

Carroll - lol o rama!

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

So the trade week rumours may have had some truth to them.

Plugging holes = short term fix. 28yo player who was never much chop. Add in the fact that he is a toss bag of the highest order.

No thanks from me.

The 'plugging holes' scenario rarely works. I remember Carlton picking up Mick Martyn and being laughed at, and rightly so.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

spiral2 wrote: Carroll are you serious? Proven AFL dud and a d-head to boot.

what need does Carrol fulfil, crap defender?

Carroll - lol o rama!
I'm not serious, apparently the club is, take your gripe up with them.

However it was you who mentioned Silvagni as a player to consider.

You really have verylittle idea on football if you think Silvagni could play AFL.

How many clubs have draft Silvagni? How many games of AFL has Silvagni played compared to Carroll???

Fair Dinkum - Silvagni :roll: :roll: :roll:

What nned does he fill you ask?

1) No Goose
2) No Dempster
3) Aging Max
4) Ross want to free up Sam Fisher

Theres four for a start.

Bet you were one who moaned about Dempster last year as well :roll: :roll:

I dont think Carroll is much, but he may fulfill a need that the Saints have.

And I certainly would back Rosses judgement over someone who thinks Silvagni could play AFL :roll:

Lance or James??

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Great move.

Wake up.
Only if he gets a hair cut.