Petition against Nathan Carroll

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MilneyMagic
Club Player

Petition against Nathan Carroll

***One of my best mates who isn't overly computer savy asked me to post the following*** Get on board

My name is Murray Middleton and I am a member of the St. Kilda Football Club. On Saturday morning I was dumbfounded by the news that St. Kilda was seeking to recruit Melbourne’s Nathan Carroll for the 2009 season. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN!

Nathan Carroll is on the brink of being delisted by the bottom club. If he is not good enough to play for Melbourne, he is not good enough to play for the fifteen clubs that sit above Melbourne on the ladder. There is a reason why he is about to be delisted. Are the Saints going to overtake the likes of Geelong and Hawthorn by recruiting Nathan Carroll?

Carroll spent the majority of 2008 languishing in Melbourne’s reserves (Sandringham), where his performances were below par. He has much-publicised attitudinal problems - which led to him being dropped from the Demons’ leadership group in 2008 - and is clearly a disruptive influence around a professional football club.

Carroll will be 28 years old by the start of the 2009 season. He has only played one year of serviceable football for Melbourne. His best football is behind him. He is not blessed with pace. He is not blessed with good disposal (his disposal is terrible). He is not blessed with good looks. Carroll is a limited footballer. He is the laughing stock of opposition supporters. Our club will become the laughing stock of the competition if we recruit him.

Looking at St.Kilda’s recent delistings – Shane Birss, Michael Rix, Charlie Gardiner, Jayden Attard – it is clear that the club has erred in recycling players from other clubs. This is why there aren’t many young prospects at the club. Instead of recruiting deadwood such as Carroll, the club must turn its attention to developing younger players. Throw Sam Gilbert to wolves, throw Jarryd Allen to the wolves, anyone but Carroll.

I urge all supporters who share my view to send an e-mail to Archie Fraser, St. Kilda’s Chief Executive Officer. Fraser’s e-mail address is as follows:

archief@saints.com.au

The message should be titled ‘No to Nathan Carroll’ and should read as follows:

My name is (INSERT NAME)
I am opposed to the recruitment of Nathan Carroll

May intelligence prevail!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am also against picking him up, or for that matter any player from another AFL club in the draft (I make an exception for Ben Cousins). I want us to only draft youngsters this year. There appears to be a good crop available.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

please please please don't let anyone who has played AFL football to come and train with us.... cause simpletons will equate that to being drafted....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I don't want Carroll either but a petition against?

Seriously?

:roll:

People are paid a lot more money than I to make the call. I will give my opinion, but a petition is a tad strong.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
PLUGGER14
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:I don't want Carroll either but a petition against?

Seriously?

People are paid a lot more money than I to make the call. I will give my opinion, but a petition is a tad strong.
I agree.

Archie has enough to deal with. Would imagine his inbox is full enough as it is.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I don't want Carroll either but a petition against?

Seriously?

Correct.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Some people have a very deluded view of what it means to support a footy club

Murray Middleton, you are one of them IMHO

Pfffft , petitioning the Club to not draft a player. Get a grip.

I dont really want him either, but clogging up Archies inbox with this tosh is just pointless

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Petition against Nathan Carroll

MilneyMagic wrote:***

My name is Murray Middleton
And because I put my hand in my pocket to buy a membership and go to the footy once in a while, I have more of an idea of what is needed on our list than Ross Lyon, who not only played at AFL level, was part of an AFL premiership winning coaching department, and have been senior coach of an AFl football club for two years, but is generally seen as having one of the most astute football brains in AFL football.

Somebody start a petition to have Murray Middleton banned from our club for life.

What a dropkick :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

I AGREE WITH THE POST ABOVE.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

MilneyMagic wrote:***One of my best mates who isn't overly computer savy asked me to post the following*** Get on board

My name is Murray Middleton and I am a member of the St. Kilda Football Club. On Saturday morning I was dumbfounded by the news that St. Kilda was seeking to recruit Melbourne’s Nathan Carroll for the 2009 season. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN!

Nathan Carroll is on the brink of being delisted by the bottom club. If he is not good enough to play for Melbourne, he is not good enough to play for the fifteen clubs that sit above Melbourne on the ladder. There is a reason why he is about to be delisted. Are the Saints going to overtake the likes of Geelong and Hawthorn by recruiting Nathan Carroll?

Carroll spent the majority of 2008 languishing in Melbourne’s reserves (Sandringham), where his performances were below par. He has much-publicised attitudinal problems - which led to him being dropped from the Demons’ leadership group in 2008 - and is clearly a disruptive influence around a professional football club.

Carroll will be 28 years old by the start of the 2009 season. He has only played one year of serviceable football for Melbourne. His best football is behind him. He is not blessed with pace. He is not blessed with good disposal (his disposal is terrible). He is not blessed with good looks. Carroll is a limited footballer. He is the laughing stock of opposition supporters. Our club will become the laughing stock of the competition if we recruit him.

Looking at St.Kilda’s recent delistings – Shane Birss, Michael Rix, Charlie Gardiner, Jayden Attard – it is clear that the club has erred in recycling players from other clubs. This is why there aren’t many young prospects at the club. Instead of recruiting deadwood such as Carroll, the club must turn its attention to developing younger players. Throw Sam Gilbert to wolves, throw Jarryd Allen to the wolves, anyone but Carroll.

I urge all supporters who share my view to send an e-mail to Archie Fraser, St. Kilda’s Chief Executive Officer. Fraser’s e-mail address is as follows:

archief@saints.com.au

My name is (INSERT NAME)

simple answer....

...no....

...and i don't like carroll either...but.......it's a decision for the club to make...not me....or you......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:I AGREE WITH THE POST ABOVE.
GEEZUS !!

I find myself in agreement with BOTH St DAC and joffaboy. I think I better go and lie down :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
St DAC wrote:I AGREE WITH THE POST ABOVE.
GEEZUS !!

I find myself in agreement with BOTH St DAC and joffaboy. I think I better go and lie down :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: !!

I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE POST

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Carroll is a song sung at Xmas and should have nothing to do with the St Kilda Football Club.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

MilneyMagic wrote:***One of my best mates who isn't overly computer savy asked me to post the following*** Get on board

My name is Murray Middleton and I am a member of the St. Kilda Football Club.
On Saturday morning I was dumbfounded by the news that St. Kilda was seeking to recruit Melbourne’s Nathan Carroll for the 2009 season. THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN!

archief@saints.com.au

My name is (INSERT NAME)

So is you best mate Murray Middleton or are you :?

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Muzza, I'm not in favour of getting him either, but this is a fan forum where we can argue about it, flog players to near death, flog fellow forumites to near death, hell we have all sorts of fun.

But a petition to the club to not draft a player?

Spare me.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Muzza, I'm not in favour of getting him either, but this is a fan forum where we can argue about it, flog players to near death, flog fellow forumites to near death, hell we have all sorts of fun.

But a petition to the club to not draft a player?

Spare me.
I agree with you mate

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Some people have a very deluded view of what it means to support a footy club

Murray Middleton, you are one of them IMHO

Pfffft , petitioning the Club to not draft a player. Get a grip.

I dont really want him either, but clogging up Archies inbox with this tosh is just pointless
Why? he's a paid up member and deserves a right to voice his opinion. Doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong, the fact that his membership contributes to the welfare of the club gives him that right.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Please leave the recruiting decisions to those who are best placed to do so... the coach, football manager and list manager.

Like many others, I dont want Nathan Carroll at the club, but under NO CIRCUMSTANCES would I be party to a petition. It's a dumb idea!!

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i hear they have a real good fileing system for things like this it round and lined in black plastic and once a week get taken away !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
markinUSA
SS Life Member

For me, the funniest line of this post was this one: "He is not blessed with good looks."

I don't know the man, but based on this evidence alone ... let's not draft him!

:lol:

And by the way, should anyone out there actually decide to sign this petition, please highlight this sentence because I think whoever is reading it will get a good laugh.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I think this is a good insight into how passionate one st. kilda supporter is about the issue. I've not heard one saints supporter suggest we should be taking Carroll (and admittedly I haven't been reading every thread on here in the off season).

There are a few keys as to why we shouldn't be drafting him.

1. Athleticism - Doesn't have the pace or agility to go with the modern day full forward.
2. Attitude - I don't think this is a deal breaker, but his past occurences don't do him any favours.
3. Age - This is the big one. He's 28 in 2009. Max isn't that much older.
4. List Management - We have had to delist some reasonable quality players this year in Birss and co. under the guise of opening spots for the next generation of player. The recruitment of anyone except elite level players such as Cousins will set us back in this area.
5. Appearances - Yep, he's ugly. So was Fraser Gehrig. It's his cockiness that's the real killer here.

If anything, we'd be doing melbourne a favour by taking him on, perhaps there is some agreement in place with regards to future trades, or perhaps (although I loathe to suggest it) match fixing.

Also, i'm starting up a petition to delist Nick Riewoldt. Who's with me? The reality is that the club will make their own decisions on players, recruitment and so on. But if certain things such as this Carroll saga are brought up by members as a concern, they would have to give more thought when weighing up the options.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

If you feel passionate enough about the issue, write to Archie. People have no problems in making suggestions to Archie regarding merchandising, marketing etc. but your want to make a stand on a football issue and people jump down your throat.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Any relation to Max Middleton - keyboard player in various 80's bands ??

I don't really want Nathan Carroll at the Saints - but shivers, I wouldn't be sending emails to the CEO :shock:

Hold your ground :shock:
MilneyMagic
Club Player

Feel free to attack myself or my mate, it is just water off a ducks back.

He so strongly about this issue that he is willing to go to any lengths to make sure that it does not happen.

Below are some exerts from Archie Fraser's email back to him yesterday.

'I understand your concerns but let me reiterate that while the media are
a good source of information, they often misconstrue the facts.'

'I am disappointed that you have made up your mind without considering all the potential recruitment scenarios and gone ahead and attempted to lobby with media broadcasters before even hearing the Clubs side of the story.'

'I can assure you that I have absolute faith in my team and that the right decisions will always be made, and if that includes Nathan Carroll then it would be well thought out and every aspect considered.'

'There is a far better way to go about things than the way you have
approached this on this occasion.'

'I would appreciate it if you just backed off and allowed our Club and List
management staff to do their job.'

Also, he has been in touch with the producer of the good oil and there is a strong chance that he will be appearing in a segment on Friday. He wants all Saints supporters to listen and phone in with their feedback and thoughts.

Keep up the campaign...we can not let this happen!!!
Think Mark Gale, Robert Powell, Shaun Charles, Fred Campbell...we can not let our club slide back into the days of recruiting hacks from other clubs!!! We must move forward!!

markp
Saintsational Legend

Synopsis of Archie's reply= "Pull ya head in peanut... "