Footy First

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Footy First

It would appear that the Footy First policy of our current Board has paid dividends.

I am pleased to pick up a paper and read about the Saints great exploits on the field.

Great to have a President who is interested in winning games, rather than inflating his ego.

Congratulations to the Board and keep up the good work.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Re: Footy First

Bernard Shakey wrote:It would appear that the Footy First policy of our current Board has paid dividends.

I am pleased to pick up a paper and read about the Saints great exploits on the field.

Great to have a President who is interested in winning games, rather than inflating his ego.

Butterss is responsible for Lyon's appointment!

Butterss had already started spending money and addressing the issues related to the football department!

One of the main reasons given for Thomas's sacking was that he wanted a professionally run football department, not the domain of and run by one man alone and this new model had already been implemented.

This process had already begun, the spending had started and it is just plain wrong to suggest that this has anything at all to do with any initiative of FF!

FF are only continuing on with the foundations that were already laid, after Thomas's sacking!

So credit must go to Butterss for the success we are now having more so than anything FF have done!

Equally so, Butterss is responsible for Thomas's appointment and allowing him full control of the football department to begin with, so for this the blame lies squarely at his feet, even if this helped the club to million dollar profits five years running!

But credit where credit is due!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
bob__71
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:It would appear that the Footy First policy of our current Board has paid dividends.

Butterss had already started spending money and addressing the issues related to the football department!

One of the main reasons given for Thomas's sacking was that he wanted a professionally run football department, not the domain of and run by one man alone and this new model had already been implemented.

This process had already begun, the spending had started and it is just plain wrong to suggest that this has anything at all to do with any initiative of FF!

FF are only continuing on with the foundations that were already laid, after Thomas's sacking!

So credit must go to Butterss for the success we are now having more so than anything FF have done!

Equally so, Butterss is responsible for Thomas's appointment and allowing him full control of the football department to begin with, so for this the blame lies squarely at his feet, even if this helped the club to million dollar profits five years running!

oh for christ sakes. Give it a rest.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:But credit where credit is due!
As far as I see, all credit to the current Board.

claystreet
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
barks4eva wrote:But credit where credit is due!
As far as I see, all credit to the current Board.
I agree

maverick
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

So hang on, you give credit to a group of people who create the problem because they finally start to try and fix it....amazing....

kaos theory
Club Player

The current admin has been great. Very happy with their no nonsense focus on what's important.

And no theatrics & public spats with x coaches in the media.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:The current admin has been great. Very happy with their no nonsense focus on what's important.

And no theatrics & public spats with x coaches in the media.
Yes I agree to all of that...

Stabilty and no fuss appraoch is great and is what is required.

Butterss lost the plot in the end. ..and a new Board ..or rather united Board, because in fact the new Board has a number of the old Board on it, was required.

However no point giving credit to the new Board for what they did not do.
ie One paper was crediting Westaway for hiring Misson, whereas that was the previous Board.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Agree with all of that.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

love your work mate.....you talk sense and not crap like some i could mention...but won't because they don't need the publicity...however bad...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bob__71 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

oh for christ sakes. Give it a rest.

i second that......

stinger
Saintsational Legend

some people seem to have forgotten that footy first had over ten thousand proxies....almost forced on them...to get rid of the arseholes who were wrecking our club........short memories...short attention spans...and i presume.... short dicks..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

not to mention that they've really delivered on the sponsorship front

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

To be pragmatic...

Kudos to the Butterss board for starting to right the footy side of things.

Kudos to the Westaway board for taking that & running with it.

More kudos to the Westaway board for not embarrassing the club with constant juvenile bickering (the main reason why they got my proxy).

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:To be pragmatic...

Kudos to the Butterss board for starting to right the footy side of things.

Kudos to the Westaway board for taking that & running with it.

More kudos to the Westaway board for not embarrassing the club with constant juvenile bickering (the main reason why they got my proxy).
Nice and balanced.

Well done Butterss for saving the club financially and getting Ross Lyon. if it wasn't for Butterss getting the finances correct we would have been on AFL handouts.

Too bad you had to stuff it with your feud with the ex coach.

Well done to Westaway and his admin for your stability and keeping the club going forward.

Too bad this administration will have to go to the AFL tugging forelocks and cap in hand for financial handouts to survive - something the previous administration never had to.

Really too bad we cant combine the best of the two administrations. Its a real shame this admin cant control its spending.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

a flag or two will take care of any shortfalls in revenue.... :wink: :lol:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:a flag or two will take care of any shortfalls in revenue.... :wink: :lol:
Exactly

Noone hands out flags for the best balance sheet. RB got us back in the bl;ck no doubt, but he took it a year or 2 too far imho. We HAVE to have a well-paid and facilitated Football Dept if we are gonna win a flag. FF spending money on this is just fine by me.

As stinger said...you watch our membership explode when we win a flag. We'll the biggest cash influx this Club has ever seen without one single word of begging

Sometimes you gotta spend money to make money :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Hugh Drod
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:

so what? getting Ross wasnt the good thing getting Leigh tudor was.
until he came we werent very good.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...we attract 'em don't we...ffs..... :roll:

Hugh Drod
Club Player

its true stinger. people conveniently thinnk head coaches do everything when it suits thm but that isnt true. why do you think teams improve or drop off when asssitants leave? the reason Grant is gone is because of this and our football deprtment is setup now so Ross doesnt do much outside of game day.
Hes a good coach but he doesnt do it on his own it took getting rid of some assitants and getting other good ones in to fix it foe us.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Leah Tudor? Never heard of her.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

well done to rod westaway.

“Yeah….nah””
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hugh Drod wrote:its true stinger. people conveniently thinnk head coaches do everything when it suits thm but that isnt true. why do you think teams improve or drop off when asssitants leave? the reason Grant is gone is because of this and our football deprtment is setup now so Ross doesnt do much outside of game day.
Hes a good coach but he doesnt do it on his own it took getting rid of some assitants and getting other good ones in to fix it foe us.
Congratulations on Ross Lyon winning the 2005 premiership. I notice Sydney haven't won another since Ross left.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Hugh Drod
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Congratulations on Ross Lyon winning the 2005 premiership. I notice Sydney haven't won another since Ross left.
see thats a good example. another one is Mckenna leaving Collingwood. coaches these days cant do it all so the good ones don't even try to they get good help like us with list Managers and development managers.

Hugh Drod
Club Player

Teflon wrote:well done to rod westaway.
rod Butterss isnt a good man. glad he left so are many others.